Official: Grado / Alessandro Liberators [CARBON FIBER] PRICING ANNOUNCED!!!
Jul 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #122 of 242

Quote:
Half a week left for beta testers... see 2nd post =)

Cheers

awww...bummer. guess that rules me out; we can always still
beerchug.gif
lol

Jul 7, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #123 of 242

Quote:
Yes we are ..... collecting applications on this thread until July 12 thats when the winners will be announced and beta distancers sent out...

Great sign me up.

EDIT: just read the second post

1) Yeah, I have a digi-cam
2) No amp or dac. No experience with liberators. Sources are my laptop or ipod 4G
3) sr60 and ms1i

Jul 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #126 of 242

1) I do have a point-and-shoot dcam. The bonus is that I know how to use the macro and natural lighting.
2) I have no prior experience with liberators. I use a y1 as my DAC, and a D2 Boa as my amplifier. I could get my hands on a SOHAII for testing as well.
3) MS1, only comfies available.

If anybody in Vancouver has bagels, or anybody in Vancouver gets a set of libs and I don't, shoot me a PM. I'd be interested in hearing this.

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #127 of 242
Thanks for all the applications keep them coming until tonight.. =)

Quote:

1) I do have a point-and-shoot dcam. The bonus is that I know how to use the macro and natural lighting.
2) I have no prior experience with liberators. I use a y1 as my DAC, and a D2 Boa as my amplifier. I could get my hands on a SOHAII for testing as well.
3) MS1, only comfies available.

If anybody in Vancouver has bagels, or anybody in Vancouver gets a set of libs and I don't, shoot me a PM. I'd be interested in hearing this.

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #128 of 242
For your consideration:

1.  I'm comfortable with writing reviews, and have done so with other headphones that I've either owned or auditioned.  I'm always careful to only write about what I hear, and refrain from loose language and the temptations of expectation fulfillment. 

2.  Photos will be no problem.  I have cameras on hand and good old sunshine for quality lighting. 

3.  As I said earlier, I can only promise to write about what I can see and hear, no more, no less.  I can draw from my modest experience as a musician in addition to the audio gear that I've been lucky enough to use thus far. 

4.  As far as telling friends about the CFLIBs, that's what these forums are for, right?  The sharing of ideas to better enhance our headphone experience is what head-fi.org set out to do from the very beginning.  I'd be more than happy to let others know about these carbon fiber distancers.

Most importantly, all my headphones have been modded or tweaked, varying from IEM tip-swapping to housing replacement across balanced armature, dynamic, orthodynamic, and electrostatic specimen.  Though I'm no expert in headphone tuning, I'm doing my best to learn.  With the CFLIB, I'd be able to further tweak my Alessandro MS-1000s:

Alessandro MS-1
Jmoney Leather Headband
Jmoney Wooden Cups
DIY plastic distancers
Grado Jumbo Bowls / Grado Small Bowls / Grado Comfies / Sennheiser Yellows
Oodles of heavy felt, light felt, cotton, blu-tack, and lead tape on hand

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #129 of 242
Headphones (3): SR60, MS1, MS2i
Pads (4): jumbos, bowls, comfies, HD414

I have a digital camera and I'm pretty comfortable writing detailed reviews with detail and clarity. I have decent experience with the Grado line (in addition to the above, I have previously owned/heard SR80, SR225i, RS1), so I'm pretty good at picking out the subtle differences between Grados.

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #131 of 242
Winner Announced

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.. 
Here are the winners of the beta test

Beta test list
1. lolistsluis
2. NoPants
3. Ntropic
4. Bear7
5. Peli_kan

Please PM me your address and I will ship them out to get the fun rolling..

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #133 of 242
I have to appologize to those who didn't make it for the beta test..

For those who didn't make it, make sure you PM me when these are released We'll work out a wicked deal for you. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back