Official: Grado / Alessandro Liberators [CARBON FIBER] PRICING ANNOUNCED!!!
Jun 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #91 of 242
I would love to try a set for beta testing. I have a RS-1, RS-2, SR325 and a SR60.

Thanks
David

Jun 14, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #92 of 242

If anyone has a pair of caliers we can measure the thickness (outer radius- inner radius) of the casing around the driver, one could see if the liberators will fit the housing. If it does, then any grado cushion should be able to be mounted on the HF-2.
Quote:
I was looking through the headphile website earlier today, just curious about some of the mods that I've seen mentioned on head-fi. I noticed that when listing models for the C-pad variations, it is mentioned that they will not fit either the HF-2 or the PS-1000. This would seem to indicate that they have a somewhat different build than other Grado/Alessandro headphones, but still certainly worth some experimentation with the liberators.

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #94 of 242
Definitely interested in a pair of distancers. Please keep us updated!
smile_phones.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #96 of 242
count me highly interested - pending release of pricing info ;D

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #97 of 242
Of course I'd be interested in cheaper Grado pads
biggrin.gif
 Who'd say no to that?

BTW - [size=x-small]I'm pretty sure they aren't made of multiple types of foam - but one type of foam dipped in something like PVA to make it firmer in selected areas.[/size]

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #101 of 242
I've subscribed and would love to get ahold of a pair of these.  

Any particular reason you chose carbon fiber?  How does the light weight and high rigidity reduce coloration?

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #102 of 242
***** FINALLY CARBON FIBER DISTANCERS / LIBERATORS BETA TEST HERE ****

See post #2 on this thread

New pictures posted too

Seek peek

My Personal Initial Impressions
- test fit on stock SR80i
- impressed with the sound improvements
- for me I got a lot more detail sound
- with tuning ports NOT plugged the treble was too sharp for my taste
- plugging all 3 tuning ports the sound was just right for my taste.....

Listen to Michael Buble - These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You) - With Love CD pretty amazing..

Jun 29, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #105 of 242
Hey cerebous,

I messaged you a while back in reply to beta-testing the HF-2. Things are looking good here obviously, let me know if I can be of any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back