Official Foobar Gallery
Jul 9, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #346 of 622
I can figure out how to do most of the things I see in this thread, except for the alternating light/dark coloring and the way you get the artist and album name and such to display for only the first track. Can somebody give me an idea about that or point me to where I can find out about that?

Jul 10, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #347 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by eboomer
I can figure out how to do most of the things I see in this thread, except for the alternating light/dark coloring and the way you get the artist and album name and such to display for only the first track. Can somebody give me an idea about that or point me to where I can find out about that?

I imagine it's done using a conditional on whether the song's position in the playlist is an odd or even number. Usually this is done using a modulus function.

Check existing columns ui configurations for examples.

Jul 10, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #348 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by acedriver
toriamos.jpg

component:
columns ui
albumlist panel
albumart panel
track info panel
tabbed panel

guide: http://sayadia.blogspot.com/2006/07/my-fubar.html

I like that one a lot. I think I like it so much I'm gonna steal it
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #349 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by eboomer

My last reply was probably obtuse unless you're a programmer. I looked into the columns ui configuration i'm using and found this code that you can refer to.

Code:

Code:
[left]$if($strcmp($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0) , $puts(bg_color,$blend($get(bg_color),$get(foreground),3,$get(contrast))) $puts(bg_color2,$blend($get(bg_color2),$get(foreground),1,$get(contrast))) ,)[/left]

replace the $blend functions with the colors you want and you're set.

Jul 10, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #352 of 622
how do you guys get the track selection screen to show the artists and album info grouped together (and with separators or lines)?

also where is a good place to download buttons?

this is a great thread.

Jul 11, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #354 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCory
Thanks, acedriver, but this is as close to yours as I could get:

I don't have any album art, but how can I get the same skin and have the same vertical display in the track info at the bottom?

to "skin" foobar, you need to change WinXP default theme. You do that by enabling it to use 3rd party themes either using free uxtheme patcher, stylexp or Windowblinds.

for the tracks display, load the fcs file.

Pref > Display > Columns UI > "Main" tab. Import

Other columns ui's config:
toolej's configs
navigator-suite
azrael
misc. configs

Here's a good manual for foobar2000

Jul 11, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #356 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCory
Thanks, ace. This looks great!

However, is there a way I can make the text one size bigger? I tried adjusting it in preferences, but it seems like I'm forced to use size 7.

Pref > Display > Columns UI > Playlist view > "Colours and fonts" tab

Adjust playlist font

Jul 11, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #357 of 622
Yeah, that doesn't work. Screen shot.

It seems that I don't have the actual font, so I can't make any adjustments to it. Is there any way to get the font for free, or would I be better off just switching to another?

EDIT: A quick Google search showed me how to get the Frutiger Linotype font. All problems solved!

Jul 11, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #359 of 622
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawky
Just a modified version of Azrael's, with the color scheme #17, albumart, albuminfo and custom buttons.

foobar2000.JPG

how do you get the artist info to group like that in the playlist view (instead of showing it for every track/line)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back