Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion thread--FW1.61: added ReplayGain, and library search function
May 29, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #166 of 173
I wish that the scroll speed could automatically switch to "by letter" scrolling, without having to long-press any button.

I mean, if I scroll fast, then the letters menu would open automatically...

May 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #167 of 173
I wish that the scroll speed could automatically switch to "by letter" scrolling, without having to long-press any button.

It's been to long since I had an iPod, but I have vague memories of the iPod Classic doing something like that?

In any case, I really like your idea!

May 29, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #168 of 173
It's been to long since I had an iPod, but I have vague memories of the iPod Classic doing something like that?

In any case, I really like your idea!

Yes, but nothing as sophisticated as iPod (inertial scrolling).

Just a simple trigger that, let's say, if the scroll wheel is scrolling for 2 seconds or more, then automatically start the alphabet scrolling...

May 29, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #169 of 173

Yes, but nothing as sophisticated as iPod (inertial scrolling).

Just a simple trigger that, let's say, if the scroll wheel is scrolling for 2 seconds or more, then automatically start the alphabet scrolling...

Right, inertial scrolling is great and I definitely remember that, but I also thought there was a feature something like you are describing, but I could be wrong, on the iPod... but I'd live without inertial scrolling if the functionality you describe, which is much simpler but still highly useful, could be incorporated into the next firmware release. :D

@JamesFiiO, any chance we can see the feature described by @dsouza
?

:)

May 31, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #170 of 173

You could always create album folders by letter...

Folder "A"
  1. AC/DC
    1. albums
  2. Alice Cooper
    1. albums
  3. Anthrax
    1. albums

Folder "B"
  1. Bauhaus
  2. Black Flag
  3. Boomtown Rats

Or, you could create multiple letter albums, such as...

Folder "A - C"
  1. AC/DC
  2. Alice Cooper
  3. Anthrax
  4. Bauhaus
  5. Black Flag
  6. Circle Jerks
  7. Cramps, The

Folder "D - F"
  1. Danzig
  2. Dead Boys
  3. Dead Kennedys
  4. ELO
  5. Evens, The
  6. Faster *****cat
  7. Fugazi

Either one of those sorting options might help speed up your searching until a software option comes along, if it ever does.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #171 of 173
Hi guys, i'm interested in updating my X1 to the 1.61 beta. Just a question: if i want to revert it to the 1.6 i just have to flash the 1.6 file it like i'm gonna do with the 1.61 one? or do i have to do a special procedure while downgrading?

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #172 of 173
  Hi guys, i'm interested in updating my X1 to the 1.61 beta. Just a question: if i want to revert it to the 1.6 i just have to flash the 1.6 file it like i'm gonna do with the 1.61 one? or do i have to do a special procedure while downgrading?

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

No special procedure, just flash the 1.6 file

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #173 of 173

Hi guys, just wanna say i bought a Fiio X1 for myself and i'm loving it. It's such a great dap. The UI is awesome, i haven't tried the new beta firmware but i heard it has a search feature among some other nice stuff.

The reputation of this little puppy is well deserved 
biggrin.gif

yes, the new firmware will be released today! enjoy your music !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back