Official Effect Audio Axiom discussion & impressions thread
May 24, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #121 of 140
Just tried axiom with my chirons vs my se846 stock cable. Not even a fair completion but anyway standout notes - So much better resolution improvement, bass has better control and midrange has a stronger bite. Will be interesting to try with centurion. Looks like axiom is really very cable dependant uh.

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #122 of 140
So this happened…

2418B800-2087-4253-8035-2EDFBA55511D.jpeg

I was trying to swap out the module and the faceplate pulled off the module and one of the 2-pin wires detached.

Jun 4, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #123 of 140
Not sure what was going on with the module on the right side, but I was finally able to remove it. Lost several pieces of my fingernail and had to use a spudger tool, but it finally relented and now it goes off & on smoothly. Obviously there is no longer any sound produced on the right side with the black module, but I've reached out to Musicteck about a possible repair/replacement. It seems the glue dried/failed so when the faceplate unexpectedly came off the extra force detached the wire.

On a happy note I'm hearing the silver module for the first time and quite enjoying it. Mids seem fuller and overall more natural, while the MU module sounded slightly more V-shaped.

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #124 of 140
Not sure what was going on with the module on the right side, but I was finally able to remove it. Lost several pieces of my fingernail and had to use a spudger tool, but it finally relented and now it goes off & on smoothly. Obviously there is no longer any sound produced on the right side with the black module, but I've reached out to Musicteck about a possible repair/replacement. It seems the glue dried/failed so when the faceplate unexpectedly came off the extra force detached the wire.

On a happy note I'm hearing the silver module for the first time and quite enjoying it. Mids seem fuller and overall more natural, while the MU module sounded slightly more V-shaped.
I've had issues getting the black stock modules off and how I did it was leave a cable attached and pull down slightly and wiggle the connector and the module pops off without much effort.

I had a heck of a time figuring it the first swap though haha

Jun 8, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #125 of 140
I've had issues getting the black stock modules off and how I did it was leave a cable attached and pull down slightly and wiggle the connector and the module pops off without much effort.

I had a heck of a time figuring it the first swap though haha
I had no issues swapping from the MMCX module to the MU 2-pin module, but for some reason the MU module just did not want to come off. The IEM & the module is going back to Musicteck for repair though. I appreciate the tip though, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #126 of 140
Hi guys, first time is indeed a bit tricky. You need to insert your nail at the bottom part and wiggle a bit, then it comes loose. Next times it's easier :relaxed:

PXL_20220220_150329995.jpg
Just recieved my purchased set from Musicteck - so prompt with delivery - US to Australia in 1 week !
First impression are of a really beautifully made set of iems's. Faceplate is gorgeous.
Don't know if they have tweaked the module tolerances but removing (once I realized what the screw driver was for - doh !) it was very easy - if you make sure you take out the torx screw completely first, the module sort of moves away from the body easily.
Now to run them in, start some cable rolling trials .....
PS, lots of talk about silver MU sets here on this thread & different sound signitures - how do I get hold of one of these silver MU's ?
Where to buy or even as a trial - would love to see how things can change with the Axiom - anyone got a spare / unused silver MU set ? :pray:
Will post first impressions soon,
Cheers ! JD
Axiom pic.jpg

Sep 2, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #127 of 140
Just recieved my purchased set from Musicteck - so prompt with delivery - US to Australia in 1 week !
First impression are of a really beautifully made set of iems's. Faceplate is gorgeous.
Don't know if they have tweaked the module tolerances but removing (once I realized what the screw driver was for - doh !) it was very easy - if you make sure you take out the torx screw completely first, the module sort of moves away from the body easily.
Now to run them in, start some cable rolling trials .....
PS, lots of talk about silver MU sets here on this thread & different sound signitures - how do I get hold of one of these silver MU's ?
Where to buy or even as a trial - would love to see how things can change with the Axiom - anyone got a spare / unused silver MU set ? :pray:
Will post first impressions soon,
Cheers ! JD
Axiom pic.jpg
Congrats on your Axiom purchase. Although I'm already way passed the honeymoonphase with this IEM, it still gets around 70% of my listening time these days, which should speak for itself I guess...

Regarding the silver MU module: @JordonEA surely can help you out (how to order/get one).
Regarding synergy: I would also advise to look into ordering a (new signature series) Cadmus cable.
Ares S + Cadmus.jpg

Amazing synergy at an affordable price imho :)
Happy listening!!!

Sep 2, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #129 of 140
Thanks for the advice!
The Axioms have such a punchy sound with the black MU’s … looking forward to trying out cables and maybe a silver MU. 🤞
Silver MU sounds great! paired with the Thor2 + cable from EA as well, they're fantastic!

Sep 4, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #130 of 140
Running in at about 40 hours the bass heaviness has balanced out and seem more spacious, detailed in treble. Dynamic bass still present & enjoyable for my tastes.
I’ve been trying a few different cables from copper (Maestro) to silver and hybrid (I think it’s called the Eros Project 8 by EA) and it’s surprising how these iems alter with different cables - more so than other iems I have.
What preferences do others have in cable / materials in addition to the advice above (thanks kerouac & ywheng89 for above)
Cheers !

Sep 26, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #131 of 140
Does anybody have any comparisons vs the Thieaudio Monarch MK2?

Sep 26, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #132 of 140
Running in at about 40 hours the bass heaviness has balanced out and seem more spacious, detailed in treble. Dynamic bass still present & enjoyable for my tastes.
I’ve been trying a few different cables from copper (Maestro) to silver and hybrid (I think it’s called the Eros Project 8 by EA) and it’s surprising how these iems alter with different cables - more so than other iems I have.
What preferences do others have in cable / materials in addition to the advice above (thanks kerouac & ywheng89 for above)
Cheers !
No prob! Try switching eartips as well, they do alter the signature a little as well.
So many possibilities with the Axiom during my time with it, kinda miss the unit now.

Sep 26, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #133 of 140
Does anybody have any comparisons vs the Thieaudio Monarch MK2?
I recalled Monarch MKII being a bit brighter while AXIOMs maintained a more organic timbre and a warmer tone.

Sep 27, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #134 of 140
I recalled Monarch MKII being a bit brighter while AXIOMs maintained a more organic timbre and a warmer tone.
Yes, agree - I had a chance to do a back to back compare a few weeks ago at Addicted to Audio, here in Melb, Australia, and can say they are very differently tuned iems, with the Monarch's being much brighter and very 'clinical' sounding (ie sharp notes, clear seperation of sounds, bordering on too bright for me) vs the Axioms being very 'musical', as you mentioned, warm sounding - and thats with the black MU, known to be heavier sounding than the more balanced silver module (which I haven't heard myself yet).

And thats I suppose thats the attraction of the Axiom - to be able to change its sound fairly dramatically to suit the music styles you like.
Thats why I purchased an Axiom after trialling a few iem's on that day (others were the Supermoon, the V16 Divinity, Audeze Euclid, Campfire Solaris) as I really enjoyed the Axioms 'punch' that to me suits the music I like (heavy rock, 60's, 70's, etc).
Cheers !

Sep 27, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #135 of 140
I am also a happy owner of the Axiom. I personally find it to be one of the best hybrids (I haven't heard that many now). I really like the sound.
I use the YU module with the Cleopatra cable. What bothers me a bit is that there is only the standard module as a 2-pin and MMCX variant. I have almost exclusively 2-pin cables here. But there are certainly others who would prefer MMCX.

Do you already know when the next modules will be released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back