Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Apr 7, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #1,036 of 1,418
What really annoys me about what Denon did with the C series is that the C700's have this metal plug with a really flimsy sheath as a stress relief measure while the cheaper has a plastic plug but a tried and true ribbed stress relief jacket housing.

denonahc700k300x250sqf0.jpg

denonahc551rh7.jpg

Because of this, I had to get my C700's replaced under warranty because the flimsy sheath seems to be hiding poor construction within that jack.

I loved my C700's though and I just wished Denon went with durability rather than aesthetics.

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #1,037 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by leo5111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got em from frys 65.50+tax in store, they sound AWESOME EDIT anyone in usa wants a pair let me know 70.90 is price after tax then like 6 or 7 to ship em. Amazon.com: Denon AH-C700S Reference In-Ear Headphones (Silver): Electronics thats price of em on amazon and heres price on froogle/google search denon c700 - Google Product Search get a pair before frys fixes it...lol

Im interested but I live in Vancouver, Canada and cant find anyone who will sell it for such a good price.. I also have a secure paypal account to be safe. Will add $ for your time.

Check your private mailbox.

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #1,038 of 1,418
neoufo51, I feel exactly the same way
frown.gif

I've had my C700's for a while and I've been content with them this whole time, but today they JUST crapped out on me, exactly where that stress relief is. My right headphone is dead unless I push in where the stress relief is. I've already tested this on different sources and with another pair of headphones to make sure it is indeed the C700's, which it is :|

I will be calling Denon customer service tomorrow when it's open.

I seem to have fairly bad luck when it comes to getting lemons.

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #1,040 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyostrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hope just earphones...

lol I had to look up "lemon" just to make sure I used it correctly. Didn't know about that other, anime-related definition when I posted that
rolleyes.gif

And yes, I was just referring to headphones.

Apr 8, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #1,041 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol I had to look up "lemon" just to make sure I used it correctly. Didn't know about that other, anime-related definition when I posted that
rolleyes.gif

And yes, I was just referring to headphones.

ha, i just had to look that up too, i was just referring to cars. had a bad experience with my first car last summer.

Apr 8, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #1,042 of 1,418
Would it be possible to UHU the strain relief jack? So the cable won't move anywhere, and it won't strain the connection as much. I UHU-ed the jack on one of my cheapo earphones last time where I was having problems with sound coming only from one side and both sides only when I hold the cable a certain way, so I UHU-ed it and it turned out fine!

Apr 8, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #1,043 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
neoufo51, I feel exactly the same way
frown.gif

I've had my C700's for a while and I've been content with them this whole time, but today they JUST crapped out on me, exactly where that stress relief is. My right headphone is dead unless I push in where the stress relief is. I've already tested this on different sources and with another pair of headphones to make sure it is indeed the C700's, which it is :|

I will be calling Denon customer service tomorrow when it's open.

I seem to have fairly bad luck when it comes to getting lemons.

Don't even bother calling. I'll give you a shortcut. They just tell you to do this over the phone.

Go here.
Denon USA | SERVICE & PARTS NETWORK

Look for the words "Online Form" on that page and click it to take you to the form. Fill it out, and you'll get an email with a pdf with instructions and labels that you need to use to ship them back. It's fairly straightforward. Mine just got there over the weekend, so I'm wondering if they will just repair them or just send back a new pair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by natural_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be possible to UHU the strain relief jack? So the cable won't move anywhere, and it won't strain the connection as much. I UHU-ed the jack on one of my cheapo earphones last time where I was having problems with sound coming only from one side and both sides only when I hold the cable a certain way, so I UHU-ed it and it turned out fine!

I suppose that would work, but then the plug would feel even more brittle to me and having the original straight plug be that big bothered me enough as it is.

Apr 8, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #1,045 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveyostrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i called frys and got them to ship me the last one (at that location) for about $80 (including)!

from what iv read the c551's are better for me but maybe my mind will be changed.

OMG
mad.gif
lucky you!!!
eek.gif

I called Frys yesterday, but CSR guy said they are out of stock!

Hmm cograts on the best deal!

Apr 8, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #1,047 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyEnergizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG
mad.gif
lucky you!!!
eek.gif

I called Frys yesterday, but CSR guy said they are out of stock!

Hmm cograts on the best deal!

its not the ~65 in store but its not bad.
ps: i like your avatar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back