Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Mar 29, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #991 of 1,418
I am very pleased with these canal phones. I just got back from the gym and played around with placement while I was there and really tried to figure out how to put them in the right spot and the sound is awesome. You were dead on Bernado.

I do love the overall sound now that the low end has filled out it has smoothed out everything. The highs are right where they should be and the mids are great too. I did find that when I would strain a little the tips would loose their seal. This may be due to the small tips, hopefully the triple flange tips will give a better seal now that I know where exactly to place canal phones. I cant beleive that for quite some time I was clueless about how to properly insert canal phones, but with a little attention to detail about how your ears are shaped helped out alot.

Mar 29, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #992 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by STONER1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant beleive that for quite some time
I was clueless about how to properly insert canal phones, but with a little attention to detail about how your ears are shaped helped out alot.

It's quite easy to think they're in properly when they're not. The fact they don't fall out doesn't mean you've got a good seal.

I have a sister-in-law who has tried about 8 various earphones, and she insists not a single pair has any bass whatsoever. None. And one of these was the Sennheiser CX300!! Well, never heard anyone say the CX300 bass is 'light', and when I suggested (gently) that she may not have got a good seal, she got all huffy and insulted LOL! But as you've just found out, it's hard to know if you have the right seal or not. I guess when you said 'no bass', it was pretty obvious it was the seal. Not a single person's complained of a lack of bass (as of yet, anyway!!)

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #995 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by STONER1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had them in my ears and leand backed and yawned well this caused the phones to shift and the bass came alive in a big way.

I think this phenomenon has more to do with air pressure differences in the ear. Yawning equalizes it. Its odd... I've also noticed that the C700s are really sensitive to this, more so than any other canalbud or IEM I've used.

Mar 29, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #997 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sold the C700s because I found them a bit too bright as well (kept reaching for the volume control when certain highs hit my ears), but I might not have given them enough time to settle down. At the time, I owned the Atrios as well, and favored their sound. So the Atrios are a good alternative to the C700s, if the brightness doesn't settle down after some burn in period. As for bass, I don't remember that being a problem. But, of course, that's the Atrios' strong point.

They are a little bright but I EQ down the highs a tiny bit and to me they're just right. I've had phones that are a little muddy that need a bit of a high boost but this way round doesn't seem to work out very well. I guess it's easier to take away something than try and add something that was never there. That's about the limit of my audiophile expertise

Mar 29, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #998 of 1,418
Recently I started listening to my Shure E4Gs again, because of the extra isolation, and find I was probably to harsh on them.
They do not have the bass of the Denons, and in some music that is a serious miss, but (as SoozieQ pointed out) for acoustic music they are fantastastic.
Listening to the Shures is like listening to a very well designed small two-way speaker; the music sounds very together because of the midrange-accent and the message gets through clearly.
The denons sound like big threeways; the prominent and very slightly impure treble and the nice deep big bass stand out, making them excellent allrounders, especially with the treble toned down a little bit.
I like them both and will definately keep them, chancing once a week to keep things interesting.
But for new buyers I would definately reommend the Denons; they can be bought for about half the price of the E4G and are just as good, though different.

Mar 29, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #999 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by bernado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are a little bright but I EQ down the highs a tiny bit and to me they're just right. I've had phones that are a little muddy that need a bit of a high boost but this way round doesn't seem to work out very well. I guess it's easier to take away something than try and add something that was never there. That's about the limit of my audiophile expertise

I wholeheartedly agree with you. One of the principles to "right" equalization is always to try to lessen the peaks, which works better than increasing the dips. Any proficient sound technician will tell you. This is more important if you're dealing with speakers into a room, since trying to give gain on the dips only adds more energy, but were those dips due to room cancellation, it would have no effect and just would cause amplifier stress and speakers' distortion.
If you're perceiving your headphones lacking in some frequencies, it could be for cancellation of them into your external ear canal, so increasing those freqs, would only cause more problems, specially if those are low freqs prone to cause the vibration of your own skin, cartilague and bone. It's always better trying first to tame what you perceive as excessive.

Regards

Mar 30, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #1,000 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's quite easy to think they're in properly when they're not. The fact they don't fall out doesn't mean you've got a good seal.

in my case, I believe that they were not fully burned,the sound is sometimes "flat" all mid-highs.After that they listen to few hours to burn music, the sound according to the changed thing,because good me calid with a present one under but still continues having those good mids-highs,i compared with the CX500 of my g/f and the change is remarkable,the cx are oriented to full-bass with something of mid but nothing in high, If I can write one review of tip T-400 when they arribed.
THX & Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #1,001 of 1,418
I personally feel the Comply T400 tips are too loose. Mine came in Thursday and I played with them this weekend. I am afraid they will come off in my ear, and I will not use them till I find a way to make them tighter. The Shure orange foamies stay on tight, once you force them on.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #1,002 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally feel the Comply T400 tips are too loose. Mine came in Thursday and I played with them this weekend. I am afraid they will come off in my ear, and I will not use them till I find a way to make them tighter. The Shure orange foamies stay on tight, once you force them on.

Hm. I wonder how the T-200s would be, then...If they can be stretched to accept the C700 barrel, I imagine they'd stay put (pure speculation here).

Apr 1, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #1,005 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyEnergizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone!! AH-C751 is same as AH-C700 you guys said right? I found AH-C751 for 119.68 from Amazon.com. Is this a good deal? I really want to know if this is a good deal or not! let me know!

Nobody is answering because it is such a good deal they are going to buy them all before you can.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back