Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Feb 13, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #826 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah they stay in just fine for me. I can even do some snacking now while listening without the seal breaking or the IEMs popping out cause of the chewing motions. I wish I knew where my camera is atm so I could post up a pic.

How are the microphonics? My CX300's are bad for microphonics.

Feb 14, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #827 of 1,418
I really don't hear much of any microphonics when music is playing. With the triple flange tips, I really just don't hear much around me anymore. Good thing I do most of my listening when I am sitting around or laying down.

Feb 14, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #828 of 1,418
i'm quite certain there's quite abit of microphonics while i'm walking. it's near unbearable so i end up not wearing them till i get to sit down. even with a shirtclip somehow it still gets knocked around pretty loudly; maybe i just walk very vigorously xD

Feb 14, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #829 of 1,418
yeah, they are very microphonic, not as bad as senn cx300 but par for canalphones. if i do not loop them on my ears and then tie the cable down, they are very loud in fact.

just find a way to get the cable from bouncing and you will be fine!

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #830 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are the microphonics? My CX300's are bad for microphonics.

If you loop them over your ears, you won't hear much of it.

On another note, has anybody noticed they went up to a whopping $169 on Amazon? I'm so glad I bought these at $99.

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #831 of 1,418
well just got a pair of denon ah-700 from my local hi-fi shop as thay are a denon dealer which denons site states

got them for £90 as it was the last ones in the shop and he wanted ride of them plus i am good friends with him as well

just a couple of questions
Q1 willl thay get to the best after 20hours use?

Q2 when you take them out of your ears do the rubber buds want to turn inside out ? well try to

Q3 is there any better rubber buds you can use to get a better sound and isolation and fit ??? for these

thay do fit very well but i was just woundering if i can get more out of them

Q4 well not a questrion just to say that these sound totaly amazing never thought sound could sound so good the only problems is thay sound much much better in a room but on the public transport you seem to lose some of the quality becasue of background sound so i hope there is some other better buds to place on these to make them more isolation

thansk for any help

Feb 15, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #832 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by meridius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well just got a pair of denon ah-700 from my local hi-fi shop as thay are a denon dealer which denons site states

Hey, congrats on finally getting a pair. Sounds like you're enjoying them already
smily_headphones1.gif

Re: 'Denon dealer' - that's interesting. I've never been able to find an authorised dealer on the Denon UK site, at least, not for headphones of any kind.

What was the name of the place you got them from? Maybe they'll know if there are any other authorised dealers around. I actually tried to buy my C700 from the retailer link on the Denon UK site, but it didn't come up with a single dealer. Mind you, that was back in August last year. Maybe they've got more dealers now? It would be useful to know.

Feb 15, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #833 of 1,418
Quote:

got them for £90 as it was the last ones in the shop and he wanted ride of them plus i am good friends with him as well

Q2 when you take them out of your ears do the rubber buds want to turn inside out ? well try to

Q3 is there any better rubber buds you can use to get a better sound and isolation and fit ??? for these

Q4 well not a questrion just to say that these sound totaly amazing never thought sound could sound so good the only problems is thay sound much much better in a room but on the public transport you seem to lose some of the quality becasue of background sound so i hope there is some other better buds to place on these to make them more isolation

thansk for any help

For improved isolation, and coming from Sennheiser, I think you might like the Shure E500.

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #834 of 1,418
Ladies and Gents, as of 10 minutes ago, I have received my new Triple flanges for the C700's. I'm going to leave home in about 3 hours since its a Friday night, but I'm going to try and update this post in real time with pictures, impressions, etc, so Soozieq can add whatever I find to her wonderful list.

EDIT: Pictures! (sorry for the low light)

Bass impact is greatly improved and isolation is of course a world apart from using regular tips, but so far, I'm somewhat bothered that even if you stick them all the way in your ears, you have to raise the volume a couple levels as well as what may be a noticeable loss of clarity(?) I hope nobody is alarmed at my perceived loss of clarity since I'm fairly sure its due to the fact that at their deepest, they stick out further than if you had the regular tips and they may be too pinched shut in while deep in my ear. I'll do more listening as I go on, but I think I may have to cut the tips off to make them biflanges so they are closer to my ear and less prone to what could be a pinching the sound canal, but I may not cut them shorter if they grow on me. I'm using a NWZ-616f as the source with obsessively and carefully produced Lame V2 mp3s if anybody is wondering, btw.

EDIT: I figured out how to fix the issue. My ear canals were just too big and upwards into my head. The angling was all wrong. Putting them into my ears at a certain angle gives me the clear sound I was expecting. I now can highly recommend these!

Feb 16, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #835 of 1,418
@ soozieq the shop i got them from was
Global HiFi Centre which is on denons website and i dont live to far from them.

also where can i buy these better sony tips for these also i have seen them thay look just the same as the denons versions why are the sony ones better as thay look the same ????

@ neoufo51 where did you get them from ?

when you take them out of your ears do the rubber buds want to turn inside out ? well try to

ok found these what do you think ?
Double Flange Earbuds for Sony EX51 EX71 EX81 Headphone on eBay, also Headphones, Apple iPod Accessories, MP3 Player Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 24-Feb-08 18:00:00 GMT)

Feb 16, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #836 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass impact is greatly improved and isolation is of course a world apart from using regular tips, but so far, I'm somewhat bothered that even if you stick them all the way in your ears, you have to raise the volume a couple levels as well as what may be a noticeable loss of clarity(?) I hope nobody is alarmed at my perceived loss of clarity since I'm fairly sure its due to the fact that at their deepest, they stick out further than if you had the regular tips and they may be too pinched shut in while deep in my ear. I'll do more listening as I go on, but I think I may have to cut the tips off to make them biflanges so they are closer to my ear and less prone to what could be a pinching the sound canal, but I may not cut them shorter if they grow on me. I'm using a NWZ-616f as the source with obsessively and carefully produced Lame V2 mp3s if anybody is wondering, btw.

Stay tuned...

A shame that you are getting a loss of clarity. For me when I compared the stock tips to the triflange, I only noticed better bass and better isolation. I have small ear canals, and the main reason I bought the triflange tips was for the 1st small flange part. It was just a added bonus that the tips were extremely soft from the get go.

If you are interested in biflange tips (without butchering the triflange tips!), I saw some on Amazon for $7 under the search of "double flange".

And btw, nice pics
biggrin.gif
. Wish I knew where my camera went.

Feb 16, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #837 of 1,418
Quote:

also where can i buy these better sony tips for these also i have seen them thay look just the same as the denons versions why are the sony ones better as thay look the same ????

They look the same but they're very slightly different. They're a fraction shorter in length than the stock tips and for some reason they seem to give a bigger soundstage and a little more bass.

I bought my first replacements from eBay ages ago, but it seems the ones on sale now are not the 'genuine' Sony tips - they're simply 'compatible'. You can try SonyStyle or Amazon.co.uk, but the only downside is they come in a pack of 3 different sizes - so if you know you're a 'medium' - you can't buy just mediums. It's a bit of a rip off.

Feb 16, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #838 of 1,418
i do wish i could show you the audio technica finefit i used with my denon when i had them. they are excellent. the person to whom i sold them should get them and the denon within the next 2 weeks and i hope he has time to say how he thinks of them when run against the sony tips (also in the package).

the nozzle is about 2 mm thinner but with a bit of a press, they slide on. for me with smaller ear canals, they seemed to fit quite well with less pain than the sony tips.

again, excellent phones especially for the low price: even 160 seems a great price for these (after years of paying way more [300-400])

Feb 16, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #839 of 1,418
Quote:

thansk for any help

Hi Mate

I'm glad you finnally managed to get yourself a pair
smily_headphones1.gif

Q1 I got mine yesterday from Soozieq and she said they had already been used for about 20 hours so I've not been able to evaluate the burn in process, but I must say they sound super sweet !!!

Q2 I don't notice the flanges trying to turn inside out when I remove them

Q3 I'm finding that the standard large flanges fit me pretty much spot on and completely isolate normal household sounds, such as banging plates in the kitchen, running baths and flushing toilets etc.

Q4 I'm too totally astounded by the sound quality even using my old Zen Micro as the source, it sounds much closer to my home stereo setup (denon components, Mission Speakers & QED Silver Aniversary Interconnects) than an MP3 player. I need to head out on the train later so I'll let you know what they're like at the train station and in the gym with other background music playing over the PA

smily_headphones1.gif

The microphonics are a little bit wierd and take a bit of getting used to, like when you've not got any tunes playing and your wearing the phones the cable seems to feed your breathing noises straight into the centre of your head.

Wearing them up and over your ears does cut this down dramatically but I don't like the feeling of the cable round the back of my neck kinda makes me feel clostrophobic.

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #840 of 1,418
hey mate, the denon are open phones, with a while called something sound something. if you can not hear banging plates and running water, which i could even with the best seal, you may be listening to a rather loud volume. please be careful as these along with any headphone will destroy your hearing if too loud.

they are wonderful phones, please enjoy them in a safe environment! cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back