Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Jan 23, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #736 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discobiscuits /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I just paired up the C700 with a fine black 80gb Zune. Here's a quick impression list. Coming from a DT-770/major bass setup, I obviously find the bass on these lacking. Listening to hip-hop and drum n' bass is kind of annoying without those big ear-popping lows.

Bad, yeah? Hell no. These IEMs give me a new light to my musical experience. Elliott Smith never sounded so brilliant. Acoustics and the other 3000+ songs on my playlist sound absolutely BRILLIANT with these. I can't say much more, it's ridiculous ><. I never knew this purchase would create so much euphoria within my mp3s.
smily_headphones1.gif
disco

Well that's good to know since I've ordered a Zune myself! The C700s pair really well with the Sony A808 (without the need for eq) so I was wondering about the C700/Zune80 combination. It seems there are a few people who have that combo and are very happy with it.

I'll use my Sony for all gapless albums, portable use, travelling etc - and the Zune for anything else. I listen to a lot of acoustic, and from the sound of it, the combo works well. Good!!

Jan 23, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #737 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that's good to know since I've ordered a Zune myself!

You are unstoppable! You are becoming like me.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #739 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soozie, When are you going to compare the Denon AH-C700 to the Denon AH-C751?? I need to know if their worth it!

They're the same headphone, just like the Shure SE530/E500 - the only difference is the C751's come with a. . . wait for it. . . a case!! YES, Denon supplied an accessory, whoopee.

The C751's also come with a short cable and an extension cable. So it depends on whether you want one long cable, or the option of having a short and a long one (!!)

Sound wise - I fully expected them to sound exactly the same as the C700s (being that they ARE the same headphone) - but although they sounded good straight away - they sounded more aggressive (especially with vocals). The difference was quite noticable as I was switching back and forth between the same songs - and the C751 definitely sounded harsher compared with the C700. Even my other half could hear the difference!!

So I left them hooked up to music for over 14 hours - and when I listened again - they had smoothed out considerably thank goodness. And a few days later, the 2 headphones sound identical, it is impossible to differentiate in any way (which is how it should be!)

But I was a little worried at first, because I automatically assumed they'd sound the same straight out of the box. . .

Anyway, now I have 2 pairs which will keep me happy until they die a natural death
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #740 of 1,418
I left them on overnight playing non-stop hip-hop. As I listen to them now, I feel more definition with the bass. It seems more present now. Going to try to get some pink noise onto the Zune so I can go from there.

As far as the Zune goes, I love it. I dropped it at the gym while lifting, and there is not 1 scratch on it :p The interface is amazing now, the touch feels so much more natural than the iPod's click wheel. Try messing with one next time your at an electronic store, they're a blast
smily_headphones1.gif
Almost as fun as the iPod Touch.

Jan 27, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #741 of 1,418
I have a question for those who own this IEM. I recently received my Denon AH-C751S in the mail and was wondering if they need some burn-in time. I've heard single dynamic driver IEMs really benefit from the burn-in. Is it true?

Anyway, how many hours of burn-in is required for these IEMs? Also, is radio static a good method of burn-in?

Any help would be appreciated!
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #742 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by White|Stripes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question for those who own this IEM. I recently received my Denon AH-C751S in the mail and was wondering if they need some burn-in time. I've heard single dynamic driver IEMs really benefit from the burn-in. Is it true?

Anyway, how many hours of burn-in is required for these IEMs? Also, is radio static a good method of burn-in?

Any help would be appreciated!
biggrin.gif

Look at 2 posts behind this one
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #744 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by White|Stripes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks!

One more question: Is it save to burn-in the AH-C751s for hours on end?
confused.gif

I'm sure it's absolutely fine. HeadphoneAddict knows way more about burn in than I do so he might be able to help you further.

All I do know (I think!) is that they should burn in at only slightly louder than listening volumes.

Jan 27, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #745 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure it's absolutely fine. HeadphoneAddict knows way more about burn in than I do so he might be able to help you further.

All I do know (I think!) is that they should burn in at only slightly louder than listening volumes.

Again, thanks for the help!
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #746 of 1,418
My c700s were waiting for me when I got home on Friday. It was a long week, so I just put them on a pink noise burn in via a repeat on iTunes. They have about 52 hours so far. Tomorrow I'll listen to them after they have 75 hours or so.

Also, Sony finally released a hard case for the A8xx series of players, so I need to order one.

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #747 of 1,418
To burn-in headphones, I will usually play medium volume music from an MP3 player on shuffle/repeat-all mode, continuously. If I use pink noise, I have a play list with one song of 20 minutes of pink noise and then let the amp and headphones rest with a 1 minute song of digital silence, and let the 2 song playlist run over and over.

To burn-in amps, I do the same, except every 24-48 hours I turn off the amp for an hour to let the capacitors settle down. This amp tip came from jamato8.

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #748 of 1,418
I have a set of 1 day old Denon ACH-C751K for sale (asking $160). If anyone is interested, please PM me. Will provide invoice for proof. Comes with everything as if brand new.

This is my first post, and for some reason I can not post anything in the "For Sale" section.

I got the Denons yesterday and put about 2-3 hours of use on them, love the sound, but find they are a little big for my small ears.

I tried a pair of Klipsch IMAGEs today that a co-worker just got and I immediately fell in love with their comfort. Sound wise the Denons have better mids, but the Image's have a little more bass but are a lot more comfortable to have on all day. I guess that can justify the $350 price tag for the Images since I wear them all day long at work
confused.gif
. A little more than double the price of the Denons.
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #749 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlychild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a set of 1 day old Denon ACH-C751K for sale. If anyone is interested, please PM me. This is my first post, and for some reason I can not post anything in the "For Sale" section.

The reason you can't post in the "For Sale" section is because you have to have a minimum of 50 posts to be able to post. Those are the forum rules.

The Denons could a little big for small ears, although I don't find them overly big by any means. You said you'd listened to them for only 2 hours - they get a lot smoother and more refined after about 20 hours - but if the fit isn't right for you, there's not much point in keeping them.

I don't think you'll have any problem selling them, but you may have to wait till your post count reaches 50.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #750 of 1,418
Thanks, I did not know about the 50 posts. Just started getting into the whole Head-fi/portable audio thing and my wallet is already taking a beating
redface.gif

I had no issues with the Denon's sound. In fact, I like it way more than the V-modo Vibes I had before, but after trying on the Klipsch Images, I was completely sold on their comfort. By far, the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried, and the sound in on par with the Denons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back