Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Sep 22, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #211 of 1,418
I got mine from the same place that sold me my E4c last year - July 21st for $214.80 after tax. They were so new here in town that it never occured to me to look online. Wow, that was a whole month before I joined here...

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #212 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I've got a pack of the orange EC2 tips that Shure sent me in error (it's easy to mistake them for black foam tips I guess. . . ) and the orange tips have a much narrower tube. There was no way I could fit them on, even after I borrowed b/f's 'good' pliers to stretch the core.

Hmmm, you just have know how to coax them on, some loving words, a gentle touch...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #213 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, you just have know how to coax them on, some loving words, a gentle touch...
very_evil_smiley.gif

The core needs to be stretched about 100%, it's so narrow and the nozzle is so fat! Gentle touch isn't going to crack it, loving words. . . I'll try

Sep 23, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #216 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cn11, since you have the M5s as well... how would you compare the two?

Sorry, if this has been asked already... but i really want to know!

Yeah it's been covered.. heh, but no worries! I will just refer you to post #108 on page 6 I think it was, where Warrior did a comparison with the Atrio, and mine is #158 on page 8. Hope that helps.

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #217 of 1,418
DAMN........ now i'm starting to regret my Atrio M5 trade a bit...

If only this thread would've reached me like a month earlier... I passed by a headphone store in Hong Kong that were selling these for 880 HKD which is around $120 CAD... but i was too focused on getting M5s and didn't notice them.......

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #218 of 1,418
Quote:

DAMN........ now i'm starting to regret my Atrio M5 trade a bit...

If only this thread would've reached me like a month earlier... I passed by a headphone store in Hong Kong that were selling these for 880 HKD which is around $120 CAD... but i was too focused on getting M5s and didn't notice them.......

Yeah, then you could have found out about these little gems and started the craze over them. Ha ha. Keep the Atrios & the Denons, that's what I'm doing.

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #219 of 1,418
LOL ya... i guess... but now I cant even get the Denons... at least not until I pay insane shipping and customs costs to get them overhere...

I think I read about the Denons in a headphone magazine though, they were rated pretty high too, I just didn't realize they were THAT good though... too bad...

By the way, how far do they go into the ear? Can you sleep on them?

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #220 of 1,418
x2

They both have their purpose, right? I am going to determine if the Denons isolate anywhere near the Atrios on my next train ride. If the Denons do it (which I doubt, due to the canal phone thing), then I will consider what to do with the Atrios. But I'll either keep them or sell them very cheaply to a good friend so he/she can enjoy them, rather than sell them on Head-Fi. I have many friends who have their iPods and have never heard IEMs like the Atrios (in fact, they are still using iBuds).

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #222 of 1,418
I've noticed on the train these work very well. They isolate alot more than my last pair of canal phones and thoes worked ok on the train. We have had some below 0 celcius weather lately and these cables have stayed suprisingly flexible. They don't become stiff and pull at your ears like a few of my other pairs...still quite happy with these phones!

I had to laugh today, after work a friend took out her ipod with ibuds the same time i toko out my ipod +c700's. I hold them close to the plug, let them fall and all of a sudden the knots and tangles are gone, then put them on. Meanwhile i took at hers and it looked like someone purposely tied about 20 knots in the ibuds. I left and she was still undoing knots, lol.

Edit: Sony tips should fit, i'll try the sony silicone tips with these tomorrow and report back my findings if they work well.

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #223 of 1,418
Quote:

By the way, how far do they go into the ear? Can you sleep on them?

Due to their design, the C700s do stick out so you won't be able to sleep on your side. They are very comfortable though so if you don't turnover in your sleep much...

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #224 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Due to their design, the C700s do stick out so you won't be able to sleep on your side. They are very comfortable though so if you don't turnover in your sleep much...

Warrior, how do the JBL 220's hold up to the Denon C700 for SQ? I'm imagining that they fall pretty far short.....But I like the look of those, and was thinking about getting a pair just as a more casual earphone. I was also thinking about sharing the accessories, such as the case, with the Denons. Do the tips from the JBL's fit the Denons?

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #225 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warrior, how do the JBL 220's hold up to the Denon C700 for SQ? I'm imagining that they fall pretty far short.....But I like the look of those, and was thinking about getting a pair just as a more casual earphone. I was also thinking about sharing the accessories, such as the case, with the Denons. Do the tips from the JBL's fit the Denons?

I haven't done a direct comparison but let's say the Denons are a 10 then I would put the JBLs around 8. In other words, not that far off and definitely a terrific little casual listening pair of canalphones. They are much less isolating than the Denons which is why I use them when walking the dog so I can hear cars coming from behind. Closer sound sig to the M5s due to their not as upfront mids as the Denons. Bass is pretty darn nice on the little guys. I love them and have had them for awhile now.

The case is absolutely killer. It holds my Trekstor Vibez and two sets of IEMs/canalphones. I love it on trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back