Official Denon AH-C700 Comparisons/Impressions
Sep 12, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #121 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will certainly concentrate on instrument placement during my next listening session and will post back (will probably be later tonight). In the meantime - I need a bit more clarification on what you mean by "wet" in regards to bass. I really don't understand.

Ok, I'm trying to elaborate more. When I had the Atrio, I found that the bass was overpresent. The slam was nice (I could even have used more), but the bass was there also in some parts of the song where I never noticed it (with Shure E500, KSC75 and bass boosted Etys). Sometimes it seemed out of place, like an ocean where the rest of the spectrum was made wet. It's the best way I can explain. Well, I guess I'll try the Denons by myself anyway, in a few weeks (damn overseas shipping
biggrin.gif
).

Sep 12, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #122 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I'm trying to elaborate more. When I had the Atrio, I found that the bass was overpresent. The slam was nice (I could even used more), but the bass was there also in some parts of the song where I never noticed it (with Shure E500, KSC75 and bass boosted Etys). Sometimes it seemd out of place, like an ocean where the rest of the spectrum were made wet. It's the best way I can explain. Well, I guess I'll try the Denons by my self anyway, in a few weeks (damn overseas shipping
biggrin.gif
).

I think I understand. Interesting. I don't believe I've experienced that kind of artificial bass presence but then never focused on it. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #123 of 1,418
Quote:

I second you in the lack of sibilance with the M5. They have no sibilance, and behave better than the Shure E500 in that regard, especially with Shure black foamies. But there is to say that the M5 aren't an high frequency-oriented IEM.

thats crazy,the shure e500 are about the best earphones going that give highs that dont give sibilance due to its rolled off smooth sound,the m5 seems less sibilance because it lacks any highs at all in comparison

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #124 of 1,418
Ehm. I haven't said the M5 have better highs than E500. Still, they manage to reduce sibilance better than the Shure. You should try Queen or David Bowie: it's easy to pick up sibilance. Anyway, did you ever listen to the M5?

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #125 of 1,418
Quote:

Ehm. I haven't said the M5 have better highs than E500. Still, they manage to reduce sibilance better than the Shure. Did you ever listen to the M5?

yep ive listened to them,pretty boomy in my opinion,i never said they had better highs eitha i just said just because the e500 has better highs dont mean more sibilance,do you even know what sibilance means

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #127 of 1,418
Hahaha, no offense taken, but if you don't want to appear rude, u should avoid questions like "do you know what sibilance means?"
Attacking people anytime could make you seem an acritical fanboy, even if it isn't your original intention.

Sep 12, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #128 of 1,418
jinx, I don't want to offend you, in this, my friendly thead. . . but anthony knows exactly what sibilance is. Have you ever read his reviews? They're very informative, detailed, and he's owned and tried a lot of stuff. You wouldn't need to ask him this if you read his posts. You seem to have a pattern of 'not meaning' to insult people throughout various threads, then you say it's not intentional - then you do it again, and again, and again! Are you compelled or something?? If you really don't mean to be rude - preview what you're just about to post
icon10.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #129 of 1,418
oh believe me ill be the first to say im a fanboy lol
cool.gif
soozieq knows im an attacking writer when i state my comments,trust me guys i dont mean to offend anybody and i do respect you all, you know how it is when you see something you dont agree with, but thats what were all here for debate and questioning, no offence intended anyway,i am a bit of a fanboy of my shures, i do prefer them over my ue10 and livewires so i like to stand by them
k1000smile.gif

but there is lots of talk about the rolled off highs on the se530 and im like yep but thats smooth and clean and then bam i see the words sibilance and e500 in the same like thats like ahhhh crazy
mad.gif
so then i go into attack mode,then we all are friends again
cool.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #130 of 1,418
i am compelling,i like to be heard, thats what we are all here to do,state our opinions and when we spend lots o money on equipment we dont like hearing downsides, thats when i go on the offensive, but without any personal offending intended, i will always state i dont mean offence first tho because i know i am going on the attack
eggosmile.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #131 of 1,418
As long as an headphone has highs, it's possible for it to reproduce sibilance, if the recording is bad, or the singer has a sharp voice. The E500 have subdued highs, and work generally well with rock. They handle sibilance quite well, but there is no perfect IEM, even in this regard alone.

EDIT: anyway, we should close the off topic and go back talking about the Denon.

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #133 of 1,418
I just ordered some at Amazon. I tried Bluetin, but their price quote including shipping, and a handling fee, came to more than what Amazon had them priced at. I will update with listening impressions in a few days after they've burned in some.

Cheers.

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #134 of 1,418
First I waited for the q-Jays to come out, then I thought I'd get the Atrio M5....now I want the C700.

Could someone pls comment on how they are for sports such as running and gym? Also, are they comfortable to use for listening to music in bed/sleeping?

Cheers.

Sep 14, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #135 of 1,418
Quote:

Originally Posted by suba3333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First I waited for the q-Jays to come out, then I thought I'd get the Atrio M5....now I want the C700.

Could someone pls comment on how they are for sports such as running and gym? Also, are they comfortable to use for listening to music in bed/sleeping?

Cheers.

I find the C700s to be very comfortable and have fallen asleep with them but I tend not to move much in my sleep. I say this because the Denons do stick out a bit and I would imagine you would feel discomfort if on your side. In comparison, I sleep with my M5s in often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back