Official ChiUniFI 2 Thread November 8th 2008
Nov 3, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #136 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those who will make it to my place will have the first hand listen to the A-10 as a pre-amp in a speaker system & also as an electrostatic amp with HE90 phones.

Great !!! I was just wondering!
Now if any one can bring in a Stax Omega II set-up, we could have some truely unique experience as far as electrostatic phones. I wonder whether the one and only Dr. Gilmore would be interested in attending....

Nov 4, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #137 of 164
Woooaaah where did all this Staxiness come from?

Have we reached capacity for the room or is there still space for more ChiUniFiers?

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #138 of 164
Staxiness = Sexyness

That is why
wink.gif

At any rate, this looks to be VERY promising for anyone interested in the electrostatic game. I am hoping a certain somebody who was here last year would bring his lovely ES-ness.

The meet in August was a Denon theme....why not a Stats?

Nov 4, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #139 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Staxiness = Sexyness

That is why
wink.gif

At any rate, this looks to be VERY promising for anyone interested in the electrostatic game. I am hoping a certain somebody who was here last year would bring his lovely ES-ness.

The meet in August was a Denon theme....why not a Stats?

Stacy...
You have to make it to my place after your concert. We are going to spend some good part of the night listening to Electrostat amp & the Vinyl.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Nov 4, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #140 of 164
I'm sourceless at the moment. So I don't think I will bring anything except my woody grados and my notebook.

If someone wants to hear the Millett MAX then let me know- otherwise it's staying home

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #141 of 164
It appears that it could be really interesting for those with good dynamic headphones too. Moth audio, Zana Duex and 307A, some of the better headphone amps for dynamic headphone.....

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #142 of 164
I think it would be very cool if everyone had some kind of name tag with their Head-fi name, maybe even their avatar. can anyone do this? or maybe set up a template for it that we can all just put our info into? we could all just maybe throw it into a lanyard or lapel tag. of course, we could always just write the info on a "Hello, my name is" sticker, but I think it would be more festive to have a Chiunifi-2 tag. anyone able to pull this off?

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #143 of 164
Anyone have a couch still? Holding out till the last minute to avoid having to pay for a hotel room if I can

And, anyone mind getting me from the meet to Union Station by 5:20 / 5:30? Not sure how far away Skokie is - hopefully I wouldn't be asking anyone to leave more than 10-15 minutes early? I've got a train to catch out to Galesburg - last one out.

BTW - if Rec would update my list of what I'm bringing -

Denon D7000s
Edition 9s w/ APS V3 recable
HD600
PX100
iQube
Silver Dragon Senn cable
Blue Dragon Senn cable
V3 Senn cable
Oracle² Senn cable

No more iMod rig. Good riddance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Let me sleep on your couch and feel free to spend some one on one time with any of that gear
wink.gif

I am more than happy to loan my HD600s to anyone that can help me out with either of these things, as well as monetary compensation - just let me know what we need to make something work

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #144 of 164
Ray, how late are we talking here?

My portion of the concert will likely finish around 8:30PM as we are programmed in the middle (sweet!).

To anyone interested, we are singing:

- Lord, My God, Assist me Now (Domine, ad Adjuvandum Me Festina) *Martini*
- Oh, Had I a Golden Thread *Seger w/ special arrangment in-house*
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem *Matthews*
- Ubi Caritas *Durufle*

The University Chorus is a large ensemble and is made of appx. 50% students (many grad students) and 50% adults from around Chicago/some Wisc. folks. As far as the students go, it is mostly Opera majors and some other music majors with a sprinkling of us non-MM folks to keep things interesting.
wink.gif

The vocal quality is of an older adult ensemble.

Music samples are just what I found on the net - not the actual ensemble.

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #146 of 164
I'm covered for a couch
smily_headphones1.gif
If anyone is leaving in a route that takes them by Union Station and can get me there by 5:15-5:20, shoot me a PM, I've got $ for you?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #147 of 164
Can we maybe get an updated list of gear?

Headphones:

- CD1000 w/damping mods, new cable, and lambskin covering
- MB Quart QP85
- K400 w/ dual entry cable
- Ultrasone PL250 w/ about 4 cables
- AT701 (just for nostalgia)

Electrostatic
- SRD-7/SB
- SRD-5
- SR-Lambda
- SR-5

Source:
- iPod Touch
- Marantz CD5001
- Zhaolu w/ better op-amps

Amps:
- Active ground SSMH
- Pico

Plus an array of other items.

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #149 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray, how late are we talking here?

My portion of the concert will likely finish around 8:30PM as we are programmed in the middle (sweet!).

To anyone interested, we are singing:

- Lord, My God, Assist me Now (Domine, ad Adjuvandum Me Festina) *Martini*
- Oh, Had I a Golden Thread *Seger w/ special arrangment in-house*
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem *Matthews*
- Ubi Caritas *Durufle*

The University Chorus is a large ensemble and is made of appx. 50% students (many grad students) and 50% adults from around Chicago/some Wisc. folks. As far as the students go, it is mostly Opera majors and some other music majors with a sprinkling of us non-MM folks to keep things interesting.
wink.gif

The vocal quality is of an older adult ensemble.

Music samples are just what I found on the net - not the actual ensemble.

We will sit all night if there is interest. So come after the concert. We would love to have you over.
cheers.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back