Official Baseball thread!
Oct 6, 2004 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

sleepkyng

Headphoneus Supremus
Sox kill the angels
Cards kill the dodgers
Twins edge out the yanks

A GOOD DAY FOR ME!

seriously tho, Santana showed what it takes to be a great pitcher. every pitcher is gonna give up hits, but to keep it scoreless? granted he had help from that stellar twins defense but still...

and the sox are lookin very good!

Oct 6, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 33
On the BoSox: Shouldn't get too overjoyed just yet. I'd like to see them win, but this excerpt from ESPN just about says it all:

So when you look at these Red Sox, and you size up the other seven teams, is there any reason to think they won't win? Absolutely not. Except ...

"The Red Sox are the logical pick," said one scout, "except for one thing: They're the Red Sox."

My picks... logical being the team that should win, actual being the team that I think will (possibly wishful thinking on my part
biggrin.gif
):

AL, Logical: Red Sox
AL, Actual: Twins
NL, Logical: Cards
NL, Actual: Astros

smily_headphones1.gif

~KS

Oct 6, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 33
When I was a kid, I used to follow baseball much more than I do now. It amazes me how much has changed since I followed it. I am still a staunch Mariners fan.... so I guess I have nobody to root for this year
frown.gif

PS. Can anyone tell me what happened to Lou Pinella? He was the definition of a baseball coach. He kicked butt as a manager; I loved his short temper
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
PS. Can anyone tell me what happened to Lou Pinella? He was the definition of a baseball coach. He kicked butt as a manager; I loved his short temper
tongue.gif

AFAIK, he still manages the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. He moved to that team due to his sick father i believe, as he lives there or something. The Mariners recieved OF Randy Winn as compensation. I really wish we had Lou back...Bob Melvin really makes some bad decisions (esp pitching decisions i think).

AS FOR POSTSEASON: If the Yankees get some good pitching from their next few starters, i think they can erase the Twins. Their offense can't be shut down forever.

Red Sox are on fire right now...they seem to have more drive, and i expect them to edge Anaheim in a close series.

Cards will take Dodgers without much difficulty (with the exception of maybe Jeff Weaver starting)...

I'm counting on the Astros/Braves series to be a good one. I still have no idea who has the edge.

Oct 6, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
AFAIK, he still manages the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. He moved to that team due to his sick father i believe, as he lives there or something. The Mariners recieved OF Randy Winn as compensation. I really wish we had Lou back...Bob Melvin really makes some bad decisions (esp pitching decisions i think).

Thanks for the info.

Oct 6, 2004 at 12:54 PM Post #7 of 33
Cubs on vacation = Good thing(the Cubs suck)

Whitesox on vacation = Bad thing

Oct 6, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
The white sox were supposed to be big this year!

what happened?

was ordonez hurt? was the big hurt hurt?

Yah it was a sad year for the white sox as they had so much potential. Ordonez was out for most of the season (placed on the DL 3 times), the Big Hurt was having an ok year until July when he was put on the DL. They also didn't get as good as they got last year with Esteban Loiza. They brought in Freddy Garcia from the Mariners, but he came at a high price as Catcher Sandy Alomar was on the DL late in the season, and they sent Catcher Miguel Olivo to the Mariners. One bright spot was that Konerko had a spectacular bounce back season after last year. I expect the White Sox to be good contenders next season.

MARINERS LET BOMEL GO!!! this is crazy....best offseason decision they could have made. I would like to see the M's go after Carlo Tosca who was let go from the Jays organization. I think they expected too much of Tosca with a team of very young Jays and in a division with both the Red Sox and Yankees.

Oct 6, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #10 of 33
Santana is the real deal. Yankees will buy Ichiro and Santana in the future, mark my words.

Oct 6, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #13 of 33
Many criticize the yanks' payroll, but at least it's working.
How bout those Mets and Rangers??? These clubs are exclusive retirement plan.
The bombers need to get rid of few unproductive hitters for real starters.

Oct 6, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #14 of 33
yep, giambi didn't even make the postseason roster. health aside, i think he lost a step in general too.

Oct 7, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #15 of 33
No surprise!!! My pix are
AL: NYanks vs. Bosox
NL: Astros vs. Cards

What a game it was last night between yanks and twins!!! This is why yanks are feared in october. Every year, someone steps up to the plate and bam. Very happy to see arod and matsui finish the job. Hey giambi! you need to watch these guys and follow their footsteps. Just glad to see arod in pinstripes, not red sox. I guess firepower prevailed in long stretch, but most world series are decided by pitching rotation. It's going to be EXCITING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back