Official Atlanta 2010 Meet Thread
Mar 28, 2010 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Trav

500+ Head-Fier
Ok all it's official. Saturday May 8th at the Marriott Century Center. For those new to this venue it's very convenient. The layout is amphitheater with terraced tables with built in outlets in each. Plenty of room for gear as well as access for viewing. The meet cost I'll cover, so just bring your gear and have a goodtime. If any of you think you might need a room at the hotel let me know. Also please sign in and list your gear you plan on bringing. Thanks!

Luxury Hotel in North Druid Hills - Atlanta Hotels near PDK Peachtree Dekalb Airport

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 66
I'm in as well. Unless I sell some of it off, I'll have:

Grado HF-1
Grado HF-2
Grado HP-1

Headamp Pico DAC
Denon 2900 (if I feel like it)
Rockhopper M^3

Laptop + HDDs

Maybe some other goodies...

**BRENT**

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 66
Unless something comes up I will have the following:

AKG K701
Grado SR-225
Sennheiser PX-100
RW Audio Amp0
RW Audio Amp1
Sony PS1
Sony D-5A
Yaqin tube buffer

and maybe another cd player or amp if I have the room

Thanks for doing this Trav and I shall see everyone there!

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 66
I'll bring my stax setup(lambda signature with srm1 mkii(c version), Hifiman HE-5, shure srh840, etymotic er4p. I sold a ming da mc84 c07, and a audio-gd c-2c. Neither one would power my he-5s properly. So I'm only the market for one. I should have it before then.

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 66
Thanks again, Trav, for making this possible.

I am in, and I will be bringing these.

PS Audio 3
WA22 with various tubes.
HD800
Triple Fi 10vi.

Looking at the list of equipments, I finally get to hear the Stax and ZD.. Nice!!

Can't wait..

Might sell off PS Audio 3 and get a DAC upgrade. But that's not certain at this point.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again, Trav, for making this possible.

I am in, and I will be bringing these.

PS Audio 3
WA22 with various tubes.
HD800
Triple Fi 10vi.

Looking at the list of equipments, I finally get to hear the Stax and ZD.. Nice!!

Can't wait..

Might sell off PS Audio 3 and get a DAC upgrade. But that's not certain at this point.

Anytime..last years gig exposed me to gear that many only dream of hearing..I'm excited about getting to hear the 800's. I will be bringing the baby Stax but of course SQ is dependent on how well they fit. Moody is bringing full size which I'm also looking forward to trying out.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 66
Well I just decided to get a little dot MKVII+ to go with my HE-5s. I hope I'm not disappointed. I've been a tube lover up to this point. I was a little disappointed with the C-2C, but really wanted to go balanced with the HE-5s. If that goes well, I might eventually step up to a Phoenix. Cant wait to here the one tosehee is bringing.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Airline ticket bought! Will bring a couple of portable amps since I will be traveling light.

Cool! Look forward to meeting you
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #11 of 66
Quote:

Airline ticket bought! Will bring a couple of portable amps since I will be traveling light.

Glad your coming Miguel!

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 66
Thanks guys, I really look forward to meeting you all. Atlanta is one of my favorite cities and I have fun memories of my years at Tech back 30 years plus ago (darn it sucks to get old). Although to be honest I could only justify the trip by visiting my parents, especially since my dad is going through chemo (responding well so far).

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #13 of 66
Quote:

Thanks guys, I really look forward to meeting you all. Atlanta is one of my favorite cities and I have fun memories of my years at Tech back 30 years plus ago (darn it sucks to get old). Although to be honest I could only justify the trip by visiting my parents, especially since my dad is going through chemo (responding well so far).

Hope your dad gets better.

My dad had a heart surgery two years ago, and he's all good now. But it wasn't funny watching him go through all that pain and being in the hospital.

In any rate, I just scored the pair of GEC 6080. I will be bringing that as well and have you guys compare that to Tung Sol 5998 that is also well regarded.

Cheers.

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 66
It it worth me gong? I only have HD-555s, ATH-M50s, and a nuforce uDAC and HDP. Looking to get a pair of HD-600's, but looking at the list of gear i doubt anyone else will give a **** about my stuff hahaha.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #15 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It it worth me gong? I only have HD-555s, ATH-M50s, and a nuforce uDAC and HDP. Looking to get a pair of HD-600's, but looking at the list of gear i doubt anyone else will give a **** about my stuff hahaha.

It's mostly for get together while trying other gears are also a good venue.. It would be a great experience for you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back