Official 99.99% Teflon Coated Silver Wire Group Buy
Aug 4, 2004 at 12:09 PM Post #106 of 424
Ok, sorry my bad. I mistaken coated and plated.
580smile.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 6:34 PM Post #107 of 424
actually the wire we are getting is neither coated or plated it is solid silver

825 ft to go!!!!!

come one people.... everyone go find people to join in on the buy.....

lets try to order this next week

Aug 5, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #111 of 424
665 to go!

they can't do 14ga.... it's too big for them... they just do "fine" wire

still haven't gotten a solid answer on the stranded yet

i'm going to start collecting money on sunday or monday probably

----------------------------

if all 44 people get just 15 ft more each then we hit 5000

that's just $10.50.... make one 3 ft 4 braid or two 1.5ft 4 braid IC

plus you'd probably pay the same shipping anyways...

Aug 5, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #112 of 424
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
why so? what coating do you put on it when using it like that?

I don't use any coating - just air. There's some cotton involved as well but that barely touches the wires.

Aug 5, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #113 of 424
Increase my order to 200 feet of the 24ga, solid core, 4N, teflon-insulated wire for now.

Edit: May be able to get more guys in on this buy locally.

Aug 5, 2004 at 2:15 PM Post #114 of 424
increase my order from 30 to 45. That will help get it up. I should be able to pawn it off on a friend.

Aug 5, 2004 at 2:23 PM Post #115 of 424
Sorry, I've got to cancel my order... been spending waaaay to much money lately and it won't be in time for the amp I'm building now anyway. Thanks for organizing, wish I could participate.

Jimmy.

Aug 5, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #117 of 424
I work with kitestring a lot, and have some experience in rewinding stuff on reels, etc....

I hope this does not set your teeth on edge, and it is not my intent to make you mad...to prove it, I will be happy to have you take a "tax" from my portion for your taking good care of my order. I think 5% would be fair. If everybody felt this way, you would end up with 250 feet of the 5000 foot buy. You should not have to pay for your share, in my book, to pay you for your organizing and making the buy, and measuring and distributing the shares.

Have you given any thought how/where you will be measuring/pulling off/rewinding this huge amount of wire? It will be a major pain in the butt to keep it clean and unkinked and untwisted.

There has been discussion about kinking/breaking the wire. This can be minimized by winding off the supply reel and onto the distribution reel in the same curve, ie: if the wire feeds off the top of the supply reel, it should be wound onto the top of the distribution reel. You might want to set up a cordless drill to wind the wire onto the distribution reel. It is important that you not hold the distribution reel in one hand, and just wind the wire on like you would wind an extension cord on your forearm, as the small size of the mailable reel will make you add many many twists to the wire as it goes on.

Please, Please understand that I am not saying this because I am looking a gift horse in the mouth, just that I am looking for perfection, and here is one area where it would be relatively easy to keep it nearly perfect.

I hope I have not offended you. If you feel angered, insulted, or put upon, then simply delete my order, and remain happy.

Thanks again for your efforts on my behalf.

Aug 5, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #118 of 424
jnewman

order canceled

---------

dreamslacker-

what do you mean by 4n?

---------
kytguy-

thanks for the tip

i was going to set the reels on a horizontal metal bar and wind it around sections of tin cans or 2 liter cokebottles. wind it from one to the other like a cassette tape....... to measure - i figure i'll set a 10 foot distance between them and mark the wire, wind 10 ft and mark again.

any other ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back