Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
Jun 21, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #513 of 522
I went ahead and created an impressions thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/724046/chiunifi-8-meet-impressions-and-pictures-thread

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #514 of 522

The new Allnic headphone amplifier had a very nice sound.  I look forward to more time with it at our event.  They are converting it to a fully balance unit with balance in and balanced outs.  They are also incorporating separate low and high impedance dedicated outputs for both the single and balanced output. 

This is very interesting news since I am seriously hesitating betwen several TOL headphone amps including the 2 ALLNIC.

--> Do you mean that ALLNIC is preparing a third Headphone amp ? something in between the 3000 and the 5000 ?  do you have any info about availability date ? 

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #515 of 522

This is very interesting news since I am seriously hesitating betwen several TOL headphone amps including the 2 ALLNIC.

--> Do you mean that ALLNIC is preparing a third Headphone amp ? something in between the 3000 and the 5000 ?  do you have any info about availability date ? 

No, the HPA 3000 is being updated to be fully balanced in and out.  However, timing seems to still be evasive as I believe they are focusing on their new DAC that is just now trickling out.

Aug 21, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #516 of 522
I'm sorry that I missed out on this. Does anyone know if there are other, more frequent meets around the Chicago area? I'm in the SW suburbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back