Official 2017 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions (August 19, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #46 of 59
My k1000 made me the cute girl at the party.

Or rather, I was the cute girl's less attractive best friend that people had to talk to to get ear time with the belle of the ball

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #47 of 59
Lots of good stuff here!

Did the guys from Taction Kannon mention when they were going to start shipping?
Quite a few of us over in their thread who supported them during the Kickstarter phase have yet to get any shipping date confirmation.
Other than the bass response how did the rest of the sound signature sound?

There was 1 guy from Kannon there (not guys / plural :))
I do not recall a mention of ship date - sorry, I have not even heard of them or their Kickstarter until the meet.
Personally, I did not find the headphones comfortable to my head / ears, and the special bass effect was NOT to my likings (mind you I am not a bass head, but I do like a little bit of extra bass).
Due to the above - I probably spend a total of 2-3 minutes with the headphones, so I would not dare to make any comments regarding the sound signature.

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #48 of 59
I heard the K1000 again recently and it was pure bliss to listen to. Of course, you need a really powerful amp to drive them and I happen to have the SuSy Dynahi to power them.

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #49 of 59
There was 1 guy from Kannon there (not guys / plural :))
I do not recall a mention of ship date - sorry, I have not even heard of them or their Kickstarter until the meet.
Personally, I did not find the headphones comfortable to my head / ears, and the special bass effect was NOT to my likings (mind you I am not a bass head, but I do like a little bit of extra bass).
Due to the above - I probably spend a total of 2-3 minutes with the headphones, so I would not dare to make any comments regarding the sound signature.
Fair enough.I heard a prototype of them at the Long Island meet in 2016,after I had already pledged to support their project,and was not impressed with the tone of the headphones.The bass was impressive,but the rest was....dull.

As a backer I get periodic emails,the last of which stated that shipping had begun,but no further details provided,and nobody(to my knowledge)in the thread has received theirs yet. Its quite frustrating the lack of personal service theyve provided thus far.

For a start-up headphone company one would think they would go out of their way to make sure their supporters are kept informed.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #50 of 59
I heard the K1000 again recently and it was pure bliss to listen to. Of course, you need a really powerful amp to drive them and I happen to have the SuSy Dynahi to power them.

Going from Mjolnir 2 to Panache was a night and day experience.

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #51 of 59
This was a lot of fun!! Big thanks to HellaSteph, Fidelity King, and CEE TEE for helping out throughout the day and thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday!!

SF Meet (1 of 4).jpgSF Meet (3 of 4).jpgSF Meet (2 of 4).jpgSF Meet (4 of 4).jpg

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #54 of 59
Aug 23, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #55 of 59
Aug 23, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #57 of 59
Aug 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #58 of 59
It was a long day flying in from Reno by way of Oakland AP & retracing those steps back home, but well worth the effort. I enjoyed engaging with sales and civilians, only a few I have met before. This is my 8th HF meet in a total of 4 different cities and my second in two years at SF. Thanks to Ethan for another excellent event.

Although from a perspective of Americana music of all stripes instead of classical, I find myself in near ivory soap purity % level of agreement with bosiemoncrieff in his review of headphones and equipment. However, I dissent from his opinion of DAP's, as they are my primary source of music when I travel or am otherwise away from home.

Talking with Ethan toward the end of the show, we agreed that there was a need for greater representation of quality mid-fi offerings. We concurred that these products were important to newer members and/or those who lack a trust fund.

For good or bad this was also the closest to a trade show of all the HF meets among that I have attended. It is only the SF meets that I have attended where industry space and numbers have been more numerous than have members with their own equipment.

Hope to see everyone again next year--especially if it is close to a BART stop (+/- shuttle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back