OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #61 of 137
The Grado is stock with the exception of the balanced I/p cord.
Alright cool. I'd really like to try them if you have an adapter to make them unbalanced.

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #62 of 137
I look forward to attending the meet on May 27th. My gear list hasn't changed since
our last get together however I have lots of new music including SACDs and Binaural.
The 8am start may be a problem because of the 2+ hour drive so please save me
some setup space.

Source
Yamaha CD-S2000 w/Balanced o/p
FiiO X3v2 8gb w/128gb SD

Amps
Woo Audio 22
FiiO E11 portable

Headphones
AKG K1000 #05142 – balanced
Bose QC-25
Denon D7000 - balanced
Grado RS-1 #5086 – balanced
HiFi Man HE-400 – balanced
Sennheiser PX-100 II
Etymotic ER4P w/custom fit tips
FiiO EX-1

Awesome to hear some D7ks are they stock

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #63 of 137
Alright cool. I'd really like to try them if you have an adapter to make them unbalanced.
Oh, I'd also like to try your Ety's if you have standard eartips.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #64 of 137

I actually have a 4pin XLR to SE adapter that your welcome to use :3 It's the 6.5mm stock jack from my ATH W1000X it was so pretty I couldn't justify not keeping it 

though is he using a single 4pin or dual 3pins? 

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #65 of 137
I actually have a 4pin XLR to SE adapter that your welcome to use :3 It's the 6.5mm stock jack from my ATH W1000X it was so pretty I couldn't justify not keeping it 

though is he using a single 4pin or dual 3pins? 
I can't remember from last year, I've just been really wanting to hear the higher end unmodded Grados for a while and I remember someone saying last year that everyone at the meet had modded ones. I guess I need to set up an appointment for the next time I go to Raleigh at Moon Audio in Cary so that I can listen to some or set aside some time the next time I go to Pittsburg to visit family to go to the Music to my Ears store there again. Last time I went, also the first time I had ever been to that store, Dan Clark from Mr.Speakers was there and I got caught up talking to him for like an hour and half so I didnt have much time to actually listen to much besides his "portable" set up, which was an Ether C Flow(with DUM cable), a prototype amp from Cavalli Audio, AK380(can't remember if it was the copper or the black), all using Kimber Cable interconnects. Then I tried my Empire Ears Spartan-IV ADEL CIEMs on his AK380. And I tried the store's Sony Z1R and closed and open Audeze EL-8's. Then I had to leave, my mom was tired of waiting on me, I had been there for 2 hours at that point.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #66 of 137
I can't remember from last year, I've just been really wanting to hear the higher end unmodded Grados for a while and I remember someone saying last year that everyone at the meet had modded ones. I guess I need to set up an appointment for the next time I go to Raleigh at Moon Audio in Cary so that I can listen to some or set aside some time the next time I go to Pittsburg to visit family to go to the Music to my Ears store there again. Last time I went, also the first time I had ever been to that store, Dan Clark from Mr.Speakers was there and I got caught up talking to him for like an hour and half so I didnt have much time to actually listen to much besides his "portable" set up, which was an Ether C Flow(with DUM cable), a prototype amp from Cavalli Audio, AK380(can't remember if it was the copper or the black), all using Kimber Cable interconnects. Then I tried my Empire Ears Spartan-IV ADEL CIEMs on his AK380. And I tried the store's Sony Z1R and closed and open Audeze EL-8's. Then I had to leave, my mom was tired of waiting on me, I had been there for 2 hours at that point.

ooh nice, I've yet to hear any of Dan's high end open or closed backs. I only got to hear the original Mad Dogs! An Dan never has a sample to send out, which is a shame but maybe one day! 

Non the less, I got to hear a stock RS2E earlier this week an it was pretty impressive! And I keep hearing about the Pink Driver RS1s so if that's what he has I'll b REALLY excited to hear it as well! If it's a 4pin XLR I can source it out of my PB2 balanced out! An that'll b a real treat 

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #67 of 137
ooh nice, I've yet to hear any of Dan's high end open or closed backs. I only got to hear the original Mad Dogs! An Dan never has a sample to send out, which is a shame but maybe one day! 

Non the less, I got to hear a stock RS2E earlier this week an it was pretty impressive! And I keep hearing about the Pink Driver RS1s so if that's what he has I'll b REALLY excited to hear it as well! If it's a 4pin XLR I can source it out of my PB2 balanced out! An that'll b a real treat 
The Mr. Speakers ÆON really impressed me when I tried it at Canjam NYC. It's the most comfortable over ear closed headphone I've tried and isolation is great.

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #68 of 137
The Mr. Speakers ÆON really impressed me when I tried it at Canjam NYC. It's the most comfortable over ear closed headphone I've tried and isolation is great.

well the first Mad Dog had both comfort and isolation, so I'm not surprised to hear that impression of the  ÆON! Hoping I can get to one of the bigger shows here in the next few months and get to listen to some of Dans new stuff! 

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #69 of 137
"That is awesome Alex.......now it is an official NC Headphone meet.....if we can just work on Danny "

Personally, I don't know if I care to show up to an event that would allow Alex and/or myself to attend.
Not good for the reputation of the Headphone Meet. That being said, I am not sure if I will be able to attend yet. However, I would be happy to loan out my new Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amp should anyone from the Charlotte area want to pick it up, in the event I would not be able to attend. Just let me know.

Also, if any of the organizers need any assistance or feel I could assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.

Danny

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #70 of 137
So, I'm coming up Friday Morning/Afternoon and I'll be sleeping the night before the meet. Does any one want to do something that night? My wife and I were looking at trying out one of the Burger joints, they seem to have made it to the top of a top 50 list for the entire US,

May 2, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #71 of 137
So, I'm coming up Friday Morning/Afternoon and I'll be sleeping the night before the meet. Does any one want to do something that night? My wife and I were looking at trying out one of the Burger joints, they seem to have made it to the top of a top 50 list for the entire US,

Are you talking about Hops? If so, I highly recommend! It is one of my favorite places to go.

May 5, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #72 of 137
Are you talking about Hops? If so, I highly recommend! It is one of my favorite places to go.
Good to hear!

My List of gear is going to be changing, sadly my iBasso PB2 died, and I got a Project Ember. The Ember is SE, and my full size headphones are balanced. I have 1 adapter, so instead of both of them being powered, you'll have to use one at a time! I do think the HM901 and Ember will be a nice pairing, especially with the W1000X

I've also grabbed a HeadAmp Pico power to replace my iBasso PB2. An I still don't really know what I'll connect that to as I only have the Three Sources.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #73 of 137
Good to hear!

My List of gear is going to be changing, sadly my iBasso PB2 died, and I got a Project Ember. The Ember is SE, and my full size headphones are balanced. I have 1 adapter, so instead of both of them being powered, you'll have to use one at a time! I do think the HM901 and Ember will be a nice pairing, especially with the W1000X

I've also grabbed a HeadAmp Pico power to replace my iBasso PB2. An I still don't really know what I'll connect that to as I only have the Three Sources.

Mmmm, more changes, I'm not sure what my Closed Backs will be, I will have the ZMF Atticus and Eikon with me [loaners], I May or May not have my TH X00 and W1000x, as chances are if the ZMFs are impressive enough, I'll be selling the other two asap

They tend to sell easy, so if you'd like to cross my W1000X and Th X00 off the list and exchange it for the ZMF Attickus and Eikon that would be great :3

May 9, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #74 of 137
Mmmm, more changes, I'm not sure what my Closed Backs will be, I will have the ZMF Atticus and Eikon with me [loaners], I May or May not have my TH X00 and W1000x, as chances are if the ZMFs are impressive enough, I'll be selling the other two asap

They tend to sell easy, so if you'd like to cross my W1000X and Th X00 off the list and exchange it for the ZMF Attickus and Eikon that would be great :3
I would like to try your TH X00 at the meet if you would still be able to bring it, I haven't had a chance to listen to one yet.

May 10, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #75 of 137
I would like to try your TH X00 at the meet if you would still be able to bring it, I haven't had a chance to listen to one yet.
Ok, I might hold onto it till then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back