Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #496 of 542
  A friend and I are last-minute attendees.  We're staying at the Warner Center Marriott, and will be there for the morning of the meet (we have to head out by 1pm or so).  Are there plans for any Fri night listening sessions?  We'll be there Fri probably around 10pm, if people are still up doing some pre-meet listening.  It would be great if people could post here what rooms they are listening in at what times, and maybe we can stop by.

I'll bring and be listening when possible through:
- iPod Classic
- Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo
- ALO Continental v2
- JH13
- Grado Headphile Woodied HF-1 (these are for sale).  

My friend is bringing:
- Focal Spirit Pros

Matt.

Awesome!! And yes, a bunch of us will be at the hotel tomorrow afternoon already. We will be doing some pre-meet listening sessions and I'll post in the thread when we have more info.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #497 of 542
  Yeah, because how are you gonna visit the Brilliant Zen table if you're stuck at your own table all day? 
wink.gif

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

funny you said that Warren just wrote my first impressions post ever, in the Bravissimo thread.  If anyone has time give it a read (its kind of long though) let me know how I did.

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #498 of 542
Okay, here is an updated gear list.

I will be bringing:

Alessandro MS-2's (sold to customcoco, but he was generous enough to postpone recieving them your listening pleasure)
AKG K-340's
Grado GS-1000 (newly acquired
very_evil_smiley.gif
)
Amps:

Teac UD-H01
Yarland P100

Also, my pro audio buddy Mikey will be bringing an Audio GD dac along with a pair of his ATH-M50's.

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #500 of 542
  Guys, please don't forget to RSVP for Warren's Birthday Party starting at 5:30p immediately after the meet. Come hang out with Jude, the A360 gang, and of course, the birthday boy himself.

Would it be weird to RSVP for the Birthday Party if I'm a relative newcomer and don't know anybody at the meet? Sounds like a great way to cap a fun day!

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #502 of 542
I will bring my Schiit Mjolnir for the buy/sell if anyone wants it, maybe even my HE-500 w/ 2 extra earpads, PlusSound cable, and travel case.

For music, is USB accepted? - because I've only seen mention of the micro-SDs on here

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #503 of 542
LOL, classic!! We should have a contest to choose the best one!!

What's the prize?  Maybe all the people that pick the most popular one can be randomly entered into a drawing for a romantic dinner with Jude?  Actually, Ima shut up now.  It was saying schiit like this that earned me my custom title. 
biggrin.gif

Road trip! Heading out from HQ to SoCal.

Wow, good thing Mercer's not carpooling with you... otherwise you'd have to strap him to the roof rack. 
biggrin.gif

A friend and I are last-minute attendees.  We're staying at the Warner Center Marriott, and will be there for the morning of the meet (we have to head out by 1pm or so).  Are there plans for any Fri night listening sessions?  We'll be there Fri probably around 10pm, if people are still up doing some pre-meet listening.

Awesome!! And yes, a bunch of us will be at the hotel tomorrow afternoon already. We will be doing some pre-meet listening sessions and I'll post in the thread when we have more info.

Matt, yeah, we're probably going to be up late, listening and hanging out for sure.  I should have an AK120, AK100II, AK120II, Tralucent 1plus2, LCD-X, LCD-XC, and maybe a few other little knick-knacks.

BTW, are you sure you want to head out by 1:00p?  The meet is going to be... well, you'll see how crazy it is when you get there.  You may never want to leave. 
smile.gif

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #504 of 542
So I'm looking at the giveaway validation card right now...

And it occurs to me that there are a lot of prizes, but also a lot of exhibitors to visit. 
eek.gif

For those of you who remember the SoCal meet, realize that this giveaway has more than twice the number of exhibitors to visit - 18 this time around as opposed to 8 last time. 

And for those of you who were at the recent SF meet, please know that this is 50% more than that - 18 this time versus 12 last time.

I guess my point is, start your validation rounds early and get it done... to procrastinate is to flirt with danger.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #505 of 542
How does the treasure hunt work exactly? The last Head-Fi meet I went to was like 10 years ago. Do they just call out your number in a raffle or do you actually have to do something? I want to win those hd800s!

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #506 of 542
So I'm looking at the giveaway validation card right now...

And it occurs to me that there are a lot of prizes, but also a lot of exhibitors to visit.  :eek:

For those of you who remember the SoCal meet, realize that this giveaway has more than twice the number of exhibitors to visit - 18 this time around as opposed to 8 last time. 

And for those of you who were at the recent SF meet, please know that this is 50% more than that - 18 this time versus 12 last time.

I guess my point is, start your validation rounds early and get it done... to procrastinate is to flirt with danger.

Me thinks the idea of not running around like a nut to get to the stickers will keep me sane in the end. My opinion of course. Good luck to those who do.

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #509 of 542
How does the treasure hunt work exactly? The last Head-Fi meet I went to was like 10 years ago. Do they just call out your number in a raffle or do you actually have to do something? I want to win those hd800s!

Lol, no you actually have to do something.  Here are the rules:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/714480/official-2014-la-head-fi-meet-august-9-2014-marriott-warner-center#post_10455662

Me thinks the idea of not running around like a nut to get to the stickers will keep me sane in the end. My opinion of course. Good luck to those who do.

Yeah, but if all of us veterans did that, it would just be the noobs winning! 
biggrin.gif
  Don't you DESERVE that HD 800? 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back