Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center
Apr 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #47 of 542

They had this one at Costco the other week. Great bargain too!!

Awesome I will grab 2 :p   Actually divide that price by 40 and that is about what will be happening!

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #49 of 542

They had this one at Costco the other week. Great bargain too!!

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/selection/johnnie-walker-1805/

"Just 200 bottles of Johnnie Walker 1805 were created, a celebration blend so exclusive that none of the bottles were offered for public sale.

Instead, each bottle was gifted to public figures considered by the company to have made 'a significant contribution to modern life'. The list of those considered worthy of a bottle of this precious blend has remained secret.

The Johnnie Walker Blue Label 1805 Celebration Blend has been hand-crafted by Jim Beveridge from nine component whiskies aged between 45 and 70 years old, and has been bottled at its natural cask strength of 46.3%."

So I guess some big wig at Costco got a bottle? Or they received it on consignment? Hard to believe that something like this would be found at a Costco.

"To the most privileged palate, Johnnie Walker Blue Label 1805 whispers of long forgotten autumns with opulent fruits and creamy vanilla laced with hints of moss and fallen leaves. A light smoke gently threads its way through the fruits, leaving a smooth, mature texture that lingers long after the last drop has been swallowed. Johnnie Walker Blue Label 1805 edition is a precious example of whisky perfection."

Here's my toast to the 200 luckiest people on Earth who were given a bottle of blended whiskey that's at least as old as me. At least one of them is smart enough to sell it for $20k. Salud.
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #51 of 542
Looks like I might be able to attend, even though I live in Los Alamos, NM! I happen to be visiting my brother in LA that weekend, and it all might work out.

If I attend I can bring: Beyerdynamic dt770-Pro-80 with J$ pads, Sennheiser PX-100-ii, Sony MDR-V6, a FiiO E12 Mont Blanc, and a FiiO E10 Olympus. Do you think it's worth bring this low-end gear?

By the way, the tinyURL didn't work for me. 

-Allan

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #52 of 542
  Looks like I might be able to attend, even though I live in Los Alamos, NM! I happen to be visiting my brother in LA that weekend, and it all might work out.

If I attend I can bring: Beyerdynamic dt770-Pro-80 with J$ pads, Sennheiser PX-100-ii, Sony MDR-V6, a FiiO E12 Mont Blanc, and a FiiO E10 Olympus. Do you think it's worth bring this low-end gear?

By the way, the tinyURL didn't work for me. 

-Allan

Cool! I'll send you the link via PM, although it seems to work ok. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #53 of 542
Anyone driving from West LA, or south of West LA? I could use a ride after the meet to the West LA area.

Thanks,

Allan

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #55 of 542
  Anyone driving from West LA, or south of West LA? I could use a ride after the meet to the West LA area.

Thanks,

Allan

Allan, as long as you don't have too much stuff (once you see my car, you'll understand), I can easily give you a ride back to West LA. 

-Kenneth

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #56 of 542
Ug, actually I will have a large suitcase. I'm flying in from New Mexico and will be spending a week in So Cal. Thanks for the offer.

So, not only do I need a ride, I need trunk space too! :)

Apr 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #57 of 542
  Ug, actually I will have a large suitcase. I'm flying in from New Mexico and will be spending a week in So Cal. Thanks for the offer.

So, not only do I need a ride, I need trunk space too! :)

Would it fit in this space?

http://i.imgur.com/QQI2oBW.jpg

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #59 of 542

Don't know about the space, but I'd want a ride in the car! 

Heh--I sold my old car, bought a Prius, and realized that I had enough cash left over to lease one of those babies until I would need to leave for college. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #60 of 542
I won't be able to come to this one...I'll be in Brazil.

At least it isn't the worst excuse :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back