Official 2014 Bay Area Meet - SUNDAY - Feb 16th, 2014
Jan 6, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #76 of 431
I've been wanting to come to a headphone meet in Bay Area. If I want to come, do I just come or do I have to register also do I need to bring any stuffs? 

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #77 of 431
You don't need to bring anything to meets, no.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #79 of 431
I will come to the meet. Thanks :D

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #80 of 431
  I've been wanting to come to a headphone meet in Bay Area. If I want to come, do I just come or do I have to register also do I need to bring any stuffs? 

While you don't have to bring gear to set up a table, you could bring your own CD's/Ipod/source and ask if you may use your own music with other people's gear.  It's a good way to compare what you're used to with what others may be using.

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #81 of 431
Sorry, it looks as though OMS® Japanese Christian Church has me on for March and I will be unable to attend - hard schedule conflict.  Among those that will attend, who plans to bring in any of the following headphone and/or headset models for critical listening?  I planned to audition them with an Asus® XONAR® Essence™ One™ to assess which ones would be finalists for the STX™ in my CM1630-06, which will probably be rebuilt for Ubuntu® 14.02b2 or 14.03rc Trusty Tahr™ as of the Meet (the M4A78LT-M/CSM is handicapped under Microsoft® Windows® 8.0 and 8.1, Kernels 6.2.9200 and 6.3.9600 respectively, due to lack of support for SecureBoot).

beyerdynamic® DT 880 PRO, DT 770 PRO, DT 250, DT 100
Sennheiser® HD 600, HD 650, HD 700, HD 800, Custom One™ Studio™, PC 350
AKG®/Harman® K612

Some comparative impressions will be helpful in determining which model(s) to keep under consideration.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #82 of 431
Just see the official thread. Please reserve 2 table for me if possible. Got lots of stuff

Sources: NAD M51, (Antelop Gold, Aneido D2)

Amps: Audio DNYA Cor Caroli lite, proto

usb DAC/Amp/Pre all in on: Audio DNYA Loups (serveral of these)

th900, hd800, t1 etc

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #83 of 431
Hello! Brand new member and beginning wannabe audiophile here after lurking for manny many months. I'd love to come to this meet and am 90% sure I can make it (I only live an hour away).

How do these Head-Fi meets work and what usually goes on in them?

I don't think I have very much to contribute but I can bring if people are interested:

ATH-AD1000x
ATH-M50s with detachable cable and velour earpads if any one wants to compare it to a stock one.

Is all the gear just left on the tables? Should I be keeping a close watch over my gear in these meets if I bring any? Sorry, I'm very new, confused, clueless but excited about this. 

I currently plug these headphones just intro my computer with an integrated soundcard and amp that says "supports up to 600 ohm headphones" So I would very much like to be able to try my headphones with other alternatives. 

Any more information and advice for me about this meet will be much appreciated :] 

Thank you.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #84 of 431
Basically, you just walk around and listen to stuff. I don't remember ever hearing about stuff getting stolen at a Bay Area meet. You don't really need to watch your stuff closely, but you could use the buddy system if you want.

The only problem that can happen when you aren't around is inadvertent damage from people not knowing about your rig (unplugging a beta22 amp with the volume up for example).

There are always people around that you make friends with :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #85 of 431
Will there be any vendor around where you can buy stuffs like headphones?

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #87 of 431
Sweet! Hopefully there will be Hifiman vendor because I am very very interested in HE-400. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #88 of 431
I am interested but I am a noob when it comes to audio as my ears are not trained as much as I would like. Do people have enough time to explain some basic stuff so that I can gain some knowledge? 
redface.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #89 of 431
  I am interested but I am a noob when it comes to audio as my ears are not trained as much as I would like. Do people have enough time to explain some basic stuff so that I can gain some knowledge? 
redface.gif

Of course.  Just strike up a conversation with someone.  Everyone is very friendly and more than happy to help a fellow head-fier

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #90 of 431
  Of course.  Just strike up a conversation with someone.  Everyone is very friendly and more than happy to help a fellow head-fier

Looking forward to listening to your DA8! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back