OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Feb 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #391 of 473
I asked my fiance' to come along... she just laughed!  
blink.gif

Quote:
I'm lucky enough to be in SF from Chicago and will be bringing my fiancé to begin the head-fi indoctrination!

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #392 of 473
SNEAK PEAK:

A little excited to get them in there, I know.  I...umm...had to make sure the LEDs were functional. 
tongue.gif

(The Pinnacle travels separately and is staying in a MUCH nicer place.)

There is another Volcano with this group and the switching power supply for use with either Arete or Peak, so we are (full) set!

The Butte has a 3.5mm input jack which might mean killer transportable rig with iPhone/LOD...
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #393 of 473
Feb 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #396 of 473

Quote:
Hi everyone, I am very new to Head-Fi, but would love to come out and meet everyone if you'll have me. I'm trying to talk my neighbor into joining me, as well. We just pay $5 at the door, is that correct?

You're definitely welcome to come. The $5 is just for a raffle ticket if you want one; however, the tickets help cover the cost of the meet. I don't think it'll be an issue though, since I believe we had more than enough raffle tickets sold last year, so don't feel obligated to buy one if you don't want to. Just come hang out! 

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #397 of 473

Quote:
I asked my fiance' to come along... she just laughed!  
blink.gif

I asked my wife... she didn't laugh. Just gave me the "you're kidding, right?" stare.

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #398 of 473

Quote:

I asked my wife... she didn't laugh. Just gave me the "you're kidding, right?" stare.

See shipsupt.  Something to look forward too!  
wink_face.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #401 of 473
UPDATE:  HeadDirect/HiFiMAN shipment of EF-6 amp, HE-6 and HE-400 headphones <might> arrive on the day of our meet.

There's a good chance that they will be here by Friday, but if they arrive Saturday...I'll try to have them at the meet ASAP.

(I just realized yesterday that my PM chain with Dr. Fang started early last year when I was trying to throw the meet on the 19th. Sorry!)

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #402 of 473
I have the fortunate situation that my wife is also a music lover.  Despite that, she thinks I'm nuts for having several pairs of headphones.  I try to explain it by asking how many pairs of shoes she has and that she has those different shoes for different uses.  I'm not certain she's sold on the analogy, but I did get her the Grado SR-225i as a peace offering.

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #404 of 473
I missed last year, still kicking myself...
This year I can make it.  Unfortunately I don't have my current project nearly completed.  Alpha 10s can't be rushed.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Jeff

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #405 of 473
I'm excited for this, if not just to try different amps with my headphones (since I don't really have any more headphone upgrade plans) which I'll probably carry around with me on my head. Of course I'm curious to hear other headphones too just for the experience, particularly some planar magnetics. And less expensive ones too so I can more reliably make recommendations for friends.

The concept of internet-people meeting up in real life is kind of ... interesting to me. I've never done anything like this before really. It will be interesting to see the demographics too. I get the impression that not a lot of youngish people are into hifi these days, but I know of at least a few exceptions to this even locally, so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back