OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Feb 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #346 of 473
Quote:
I watched some of the videos this year. It seemed not many people at the headphone section.

If you're referring to CanJam@RMAF '11, there were on the order of at least a few hundred people in that room per day, for 3 days - by far the most-attended headphone-related event to date.

The Head-Fi National Meets of the past (2006 NYC, 2007 NorCal, 2008 SoFla, 2009 SoCal, 2010 Chicago) each had at least hundreds of attendees over their 2-day durations. I don't know the exact figure though.

This meet does look like the most-attended non-National Meet yet though, I don't think I've seen any other regional meets to date with as high of a slated attendance. The only other region that's come close is NYC and for that area I don't know any exact numbers either.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #348 of 473

Quote:

I live in downtown Santa Rosa so I can take some of your stuff down if you'd like. I'll pm you my cell number so give me a call if you want to arrange for me to pick some stuff up.

I got it taken care of (thanks to rroseperry!) but I appreciate the offer. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #349 of 473
Thanks a lot for the meeting history and information. 

Quote:
If you're referring to CanJam@RMAF '11, there were on the order of at least a few hundred people in that room per day, for 3 days - by far the most-attended headphone-related event to date.

The Head-Fi National Meets of the past (2006 NYC, 2007 NorCal, 2008 SoFla, 2009 SoCal, 2010 Chicago) each had at least hundreds of attendees over their 2-day durations. I don't know the exact figure though.

This meet does look like the most-attended non-National Meet yet though, I don't think I've seen any other regional meets to date with as high of a slated attendance. The only other region that's come close is NYC and for that area I don't know any exact numbers either.

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #350 of 473

CEE TEE can you put me on attendee list if your not full please.

Quote:
Sort of a late "request"... but if anyone has an LA-7000 I'd like to compare them to the stock D7000. 

I have a pair of LA7000 terminated to 3-pin XLR if interested I can bring them, but I don't have adapter for single-end use.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #352 of 473

Quote:

CEE TEE can you put me on attendee list if your not full please.

Quote:

I have a pair of LA7000 terminated to 3-pin XLR if interested I can bring them, but I don't have adapter for single-end use.

I have an adapter, so YES, it would be great if you can bring them.

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying either Westone or Shure 535 IEM, anyone have a pair that i can test out?

I'll have some 530's and plenty of Sure ear buds for anyone to try them out.

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #353 of 473
UPDATES (2-4-12):
  1. Ultimate Ears confirmed Audiologist booked from 10am-4pm
  2. Ultimate Ears confirms some prizes coming for the raffle- thanks!
  3. thinksound will be donating a pair of earphones for the raffle- woodies!

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #354 of 473

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying either Westone or Shure 535 IEM, anyone have a pair that i can test out?

I'll have some 530's and plenty of Sure ear buds for anyone to try them out.

I'll bring my W4s.  I'll be right next to shipsupt so you can easily do a side by side.

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #355 of 473
Nice!  I've been wanting to go to one of these.  First off, I want to see if I need to RSVP for attending, or if that's just if folks want to have a place to set up some gear.  I'd be a "probably" for attending, and I'm working on a few friends who are currently "maybes".  I wouldn't have as much to offer in the gear dept. as others, but I have a Sennheiser HD650 and HD595, Grado SR-225i and SR-60, Shure SRH840, and an Audio-gd NFB-12 (with filters via jumpers), if any of that is useful.

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #356 of 473
^@uzi, don't worry about bringing stuff- we have plenty this time around...but bring your phones that you know and some source music (CD/jumpdrive/iDevice) if you can.

Hmmm, you said "probably" for attending...  

Hey, Bay Area Meet:
We're at 99 members checked in and @uzi would be #100 on the member list...should I wait for a "firm" #100 to top off the list??? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back