OFFICIAL 2012 Bay Area Meet Thread (California) February 11th, Saturday
Dec 16, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #33 of 473
@CEE TEE, set me up with a full table if it's available.  I'll bring a bunch of stuff. 

And if @project86 or others are gracious enough to send some gear our way I'd be happy to set it up and babysit it for the day.

Quote:
My schedule doesn't allow me attend (unfortunately) but I'd like to contribute some gear if possible. Maybe we can work something out where an attending member can meet me the week prior to pick up the stuff? Mdraluck23 lives pretty close to me. 

Anything in my profile is pretty much fair game. Some of it is out on loan but I'll see what I can do. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #34 of 473
^You've got it, shipsupt!

Will work on the first draft of the Room Diagram in about a week...will catch up with those of you who have already chimed in on this thread, too.

Cheers!

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #35 of 473
Hey CeeTee,..

I'll be bringing my tape rig but the amp/headphones is kinda up in the air for now.

Technics RS1500 reel to reel
Bottlehead Tube Repro
Tape Project tapes

I would prefer the "quiet" room and if possible and a spot on the outside end of the row of tables. I need to get behind the my gear a lot and it's tough when I'm in the middle or in the corner.

Thanks for organizing again.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #36 of 473
Hi @ironbut,

Let us know if we can help with a <certain> amp or phone you would like to have at your station...

I'll check with you before cementing the "Quiet Room" table assignments, we want to give you a good spot in February!

beerchug.gif
CEE TEE

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #38 of 473
Here's a run down on the equipment I intend to bring.

Sources
Squeezebox Touch (FLAC on an ext. USB drive) --> Benchmark DAC1 Pre|Wyred4Sound DAC2

Amps/Headphones
STAX SRM-727II --> SR-009
Woo Audio WA5-LE|Schiit Lyr(x2)|Pioneer SX-950 --> HE-6|LCD-2 v2 (Custom)

Comparisons
Although meet conditions frequently not ideal for A/B comparisons, it will be possible, with this setup, to make several direct comparisons between various pieces of equipment I will have on hand. For some, this may prove to be an interesting opportunity.

Here are a few possible combinations:

Amps: Schiit Lyr vs. Pioneer SX-950
DACs: Wyred4Sound DAC2 vs. Benchmark DAC1 Pre
Headphones: SR-009s v.s. HE-6 vs. LCD-2
Tubes(w/Lyr): Siemens E188CC vs. GE 6BZ7(Stock)
Power cords(w/Lyr): Power cord "x" vs. standard power cord

CEE TEE, thanks once again for all your efforts (BTW... I'll need about 44" of table space for the gear).

Happy Holidays to all... looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet next year.

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #39 of 473
^Great, @jazzfan!

I am really interested in the Wyred4Sound vs. DAC1 Pre and also comparing my Old DAC1 with HPA1 with the HPA2 of the Pre...thanks!

Quiet room, then?

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #40 of 473

Good to hear you're going to drag your 950!  Maybe I'll leave mine behind!  
wink_face.gif

I have a 650 that's in rougher shape, but it works.... I might bring it along to see if anyone new to the hobby might want to lug it home for free.

Quote:
Here's a run down on the equipment I intend to bring.

Sources
Squeezebox Touch (FLAC on an ext. USB drive) --> Benchmark DAC1 Pre|Wyred4Sound DAC2

Amps/Headphones
STAX SRM-727II --> SR-009
Schiit Lyr(x2)|Pioneer SX-950 --> HE-6|LCD-2 v2 (Custom)

Comparisons
Although meet conditions frequently not ideal for A/B comparisons, it will be possible, with this setup, to make several direct comparisons between various pieces of equipment I will have on hand. For some, this may prove to be an interesting opportunity.

Here are a few possible combinations:

Amps: Schiit Lyr vs. Pioneer SX-950
DACs: Wyred4Sound DAC2 vs. Benchmark DAC1 Pre
Headphones: SR-009s v.s. HE-6 vs. LCD-2
Tubes(w/Lyr): Siemens E188CC vs. GE 6BZ7(Stock)
Power cords(w/Lyr): Power cord "x" vs. standard power cord

CEE TEE, thanks once again for all your efforts (BTW... I'll need about 44" of table space for the gear).

Happy Holidays to all... looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet next year.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #41 of 473

Quote:
Good to hear you're going to drag your 950!  Maybe I'll leave mine behind!  
wink_face.gif

I have a 650 that's in rougher shape, but it works.... I might bring it along to see if anyone new to the hobby might want to lug it home for free.

"drag" is correct.  At just over 42 lbs., I'm going to have to ask CEE TEE for a spare kidney belt to haul in the SX-950. :wink:

Regarding your 650, that's a very generous offer.  I'm sure a new Head-Fi'er attending the meet would be glad to take you up on your offer.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #42 of 473

Quote:
^Great, @jazzfan!

I am really interested in the Wyred4Sound vs. DAC1 Pre and also comparing my Old DAC1 with HPA1 with the HPA2 of the Pre...thanks!

Quiet room, then?

x2... 
wink_face.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #43 of 473

Quote:
^Great, @jazzfan!

Quiet room, then?

Yes, the quiet room would be good. Thanks.

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #44 of 473

Quote:
My schedule doesn't allow me attend (unfortunately) but I'd like to contribute some gear if possible. Maybe we can work something out where an attending member can meet me the week prior to pick up the stuff? Mdraluck23 lives pretty close to me. 

Anything in my profile is pretty much fair game. Some of it is out on loan but I'll see what I can do. 

oooooo, Could someone bring your Anedio D1? I've been thinking about buying that DAC for so long now....

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #45 of 473
If possible, I'd like one full table in the quiet room.

Equipment list is still in flux. I should have my own LCD-2 rev.2 and probably Purrin's LCD-3. Amp is a DIY dht tube type specifically built for the LCD-2/3. Dac, if I finish it in time, will  be an Audio Note kit 3.1  May also have a new electrostatic amp. If I bring an electrostatic rig, headphones will be Koss ESP950's and Stax 507's.

Once again, a big thanks to  CEE TEE for making this happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back