ODD AKG K-1000 For Sale at HeadRoom!!
Nov 4, 2008 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JorgeC

Sponsor: HeadRoom
Hey Head-Fiers,

We have been cleaning out Ivy's deep Marketing Dept closet recently and have stumbled across a few things we've placed on our 'B-stock' webpage:

Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

One very interesting find not to be listed on 'B-Stock' is a pair of AKG K-1000 headphones we "modded" here at HeadRoom by removing the low-cut crossovers from the headphones. (Some folks felt that improved the sound; we didn't!) ... Anyhoo, we can offer that still-functioning K-1000 can for sale to any interested party for $199 plus shipping. The extracted crossovers will be included with the headphones so all you scientifically-inclined types can consider it a full-fledged restoration and/or wintertime DIY project! ... OR just pick-up a set of modded K-1000s at a bargain and leave 'em be!!
ph34r.gif

All sales are 100% 'as-is' & final on this one & it's the last K-1000 in our HR possession other than our in-house pair ... Please give us a call or shoot an email to sales @headphone.com if interested!

k1000smile.gif

CHEERS,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Head-Fiers,

We have been cleaning out Ivy's deep Marketing Dept closet recently and have stumbled across a few things we've placed on our 'B-stock' webpage:

Products - HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

One very interesting find not to be listed on 'B-Stock' is a pair of AKG K-1000 headphones we "modded" here at HeadRoom by removing the low-cut crossovers from the headphones. (Some folks felt that improved the sound; we didn't!) ... Anyhoo, we can offer that still-functioning K-1000 can for sale to any interested party for $199 plus shipping. The extracted crossovers will be included with the headphones so all you scientifically-inclined types can consider it a full-fledged restoration and/or wintertime DIY project! ... OR just pick-up a set of modded K-1000s at a bargain and leave 'em be!!
ph34r.gif

All sales are 100% 'as-is' & final on this one & it's the last K-1000 in our HR possession other than our in-house pair ... Please give us a call or shoot an email to sales @headphone.com if interested!

k1000smile.gif

CHEERS,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

I'm interested!

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 12
that was quick
biggrin.gif
so whos the lucky headfier
beerchug.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbusuego /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that was quick
biggrin.gif
so whos the lucky headfier
beerchug.gif

Someone who can open outlook and type faster than me, or who knew the number without checking the site and had the phone ready. I hope that whoever it is enjoys them, if I see them reposted for sale here in a short while at the current inflated price I'll be less than pleased.

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #11 of 12
$200? whaaaaaaaa

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

...if I see them reposted for sale here in a short while at the current inflated price I'll be less than pleased.

You and me both, though it is very likely to happen. Much like a couple months ago when a particular member raved about how he found a NIB pair for EUR200, and a month later posted it in the FS section for $1600+. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back