October 3rd Custom Electronics Midwest Head-Fi meet!
Oct 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #211 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^I will absolutely donate whatever is leftover from shipping fees to Head-Fi.

Bad news on the new MiniMax, the pins on the tubes Craig sent me are bent
frown.gif
But I'm sure that Gross will have a couple that he could pop in... I was really excited to hear it too
frown.gif

By the way, I'm sneaking a listen on the iQube V2 that Craig sent out... I'm astonished. You guys have to hear this thing.

Craig also sent me a few LODs and a pair of headphones to raffle off. Y'all are gonna love it!

LOD was one of the things I wanted tobuy soon, if somebody wins the LOD raffle, let me know if you want to sell it to me if you don't want it.

beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #212 of 227
I do have a pair of 12AE6 tubes I can bring. Also, I built a MOSFET-MAX for a guy, and he is letting me bring it with me this weekend. I am also grabbing his AKG K702s.

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #213 of 227
Aynjell- There are 3 LODs for raffle- as well as a pair of Ultrasone Zino headphones!

Gross- sounds great! I can't wait to hear the MOSFET MAX, as well as the K702.

Everyone- Plan to be there at 12:00 if possible, I'm going to call Larry today- Noon shouldn't be a problem.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #215 of 227
I figured lingling already called CE, they said it's starting 10 o' clock. I checked if they were going to do anything cool like raffles or anything...

There will be a discount on grado headphones, 15%. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. I may buy some SR125's.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #216 of 227
Which time is it 10 or 12? I'm confused.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #217 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which time is it 10 or 12? I'm confused.

Officially, I'm not sure, but larry says we can show up starting at 10. I'll be there from 10, I'm thinking, since I'll probably have to leave out of there from 1-3. Hopefully they don't run the raffles during those times.

BTW, CE seems to be good for pricing on grado's, matching most e-tailor's pricing... so the 15% off actually means a good deal and not just getting it now for the same price. Plus you can hear them before buying, which is a huge plus.

Larry also mentioned that the 1000 series grado's will be there. I will definitely listen to each series and figure out where my money is best placed for my listening pleasure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Probably SR80, since I'm not particularly a demanding listener. If you're in the market for high end grado's, 15% goes a long way... imagine getting 150$ off some 1000 series cans. O.o

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #218 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Officially, I'm not sure, but larry says we can show up starting at 10. I'll be there from 10, I'm thinking, since I'll probably have to leave out of there from 1-3. Hopefully they don't run the raffles during those times.

BTW, CE seems to be good for pricing on grado's, matching most e-tailor's pricing... so the 15% off actually means a good deal and not just getting it now for the same price. Plus you can hear them before buying, which is a huge plus.

Larry also mentioned that the 1000 series grado's will be there. I will definitely listen to each series and figure out where my money is best placed for my listening pleasure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Probably SR80, since I'm not particularly a demanding listener. If you're in the market for high end grado's, 15% goes a long way... imagine getting 150$ off some 1000 series cans. O.o

Wow, I haven't been able to get in touch with Larry (I get home from school basically when he leaves CE), but I'm glad to hear that the super-high-end Grados will be there!!! I assume this means PS1000? Awesome! Also, I'll show up around 10 as well. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Officially, I'm not sure if there even is an official time... I'm gonna get there as early as possible (~10:00) to check out all the gear there.

EDIT: We'll do at least a couple raffles ~12:00.

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #219 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I haven't been able to get in touch with Larry (I get home from school basically when he leaves CE), but I'm glad to hear that the super-high-end Grados will be there!!! I assume this means PS1000? Awesome! Also, I'll show up around 10 as well. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Officially, I'm not sure if there even is an official time... I'm gonna get there as early as possible (~10:00) to check out all the gear there.

EDIT: We'll do at least a couple raffles ~12:00.

If I leave for my couch, don't count me out just becase I'm gone, just hold my prize. I want whatever I win!

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #221 of 227
I probably won't be there till the afternoon. Leaving in the morning.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #222 of 227
I'll hopefully be there around 10 so as I can help out with the setup and the logistics. The setup I'm bringing takes up very little room.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone: make sure to bring your own powerstrip if you are bringing something other than headphones. Power, and outlets, are always an issue.

Looking forward to tomorrow,

Nylan

PS: I will be bringing a small selection of vinyl if there will be a turntable. I'd love to hear something other than mine.

Oct 4, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #224 of 227
Oh man I'm STILL kicking myself for missing this. Custom Electonics one of the places that kicked off my Audiophile addiction.

BTW is there a member named Robb that's from Omaha that posts here? He more or less lured me into the headphone aspect of this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back