October 3rd Custom Electronics Midwest Head-Fi meet!
Aug 20, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #107 of 227
It doesn't look like you have a whole lot of gear of interest/that already isn't on the list, I'm sure we'd have room for one more body. Want me to sign you up?

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #108 of 227
Wewt, I just made a CMOY. I'll have to tweak it possibly by adding resistors not sure if it's neccessary.

First ever hardware project and got it working first try.
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #109 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wewt, I just made a CMOY. I'll have to tweak it possibly by adding resistors not sure if it's neccessary.

First ever hardware project and got it working first try.
biggrin.gif

I ruined mine by incorrectly placing the resistors on the PCB and ruining one through-hole... I've now got all the parts scattered around the basement
frown.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #110 of 227
Ling, I thought since the meet is so small it would be good to post portraits. That way if we forgot who we were talking to at the meet afterwards, we can use these photos as a reference. Should probably re-post these under our equipment list.

profilepic46027_2.jpg

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #111 of 227
Hmm, I was just thinking that we could introduce ourselves by name. I don't really dig the idea of saying, hey, I'm lingling1337 on the forums, aka Miles. Plus, we'll probably be able to tell by the gear we bring. I'm just not comfortable mixing online persona with real-life.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #112 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I was just thinking that we could introduce ourselves by name. I don't really dig the idea of saying, hey, I'm lingling1337 on the forums, aka Miles. Plus, we'll probably be able to tell by the gear we bring. I'm just not comfortable mixing online persona with real-life.

My name is James, I weigh about 300lbs, and I look like a golem.
L3000.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #113 of 227
Quote:

My name is James, I weigh about 300lbs, and I look like a golem.
L3000.gif

You're gonna have to be more specific if you want to be found among head-fi members.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

I'll probably be the youngest one there actually... @17

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #114 of 227
Quote:

You're gonna have to be more specific if you want to be found among head-fi members.

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week.

I'll probably be the youngest one there actually... @17

I'm grizzly, and have short hair, I smoke menthols, and I'll be gloating over my CMOY (I'll probably have my upgraded CMOY finished by then)...

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #115 of 227
My name is Nick. "Hi, How Are You"
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #116 of 227
Quote:

I'm grizzly, and have short hair, I smoke menthols, and I'll be gloating over my CMOY (I'll probably have my upgraded CMOY finished by then)...

As I said in your other thread, I have some pretty nice parts, eg all boutique caps, Alps RK pot, etc. if you'd like, I've ruined my CMoy PCB and don't feel like ordering more parts from the internet.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #117 of 227
Quote:

As I said in your other thread, I have some pretty nice parts, eg all boutique caps, Alps RK pot, etc. if you'd like, I've ruined my CMoy PCB and don't feel like ordering more parts from the internet.

If you wanna sell me the parts I might be able to pick 'em up off you... but I won't be able to wait that long to do another.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #120 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there is room and I can't make RMAF I might be able to swing up and bring some gear.

Wow, looking at your gear list, that would be awesome if you could make it. Thanks for the interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back