October 2007 UK Meet Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #181 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenitor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will make my decision probably in the next two weeks. I will then make an offer to adfinni first. If he declines, I will pass the offer onto you - how does that sound?

Absolutely fine by me, adfinni deserves first refusal.

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #183 of 244
As you will know already have offered to host this in Ipswich if required

Advantage is that we have lots of room

Quote:

Also, judging from activity on this thread, and pm conversation between myself and other people, there is demand for a southern meet in a more relaxed environment.

Those of you who are interested, can you reply to this thread to that effect? If we can gather 5-6 people I am sure momentum would take care of the rest.

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #184 of 244
Quote:

Also, judging from activity on this thread, and pm conversation between myself and other people, there is demand for a southern meet in a more relaxed environment.

Those of you who are interested, can you reply to this thread to that effect? If we can gather 5-6 people I am sure momentum would take care of the rest.

As i said earlier, as long as it's fairly easy train from Brighton (3 hours or less, ie day-trip) and with a bit of notice, i'd probably be up for some of that
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #187 of 244
Quote:

Oh my god, you have the mapletree Ear+ HD2. I love you.

xD Should be fairly straightforward to transport the amp and RS1s, but i doubt i could carry a full sized CD player as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
London FTW

Edit: Except I'm crap and have no room to host it.

London is an hour by train, so would be ideal for me.

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #188 of 244
Fing, would you be interested in bring a small selection of what you have if the meet is close-ish to London (say for example Cambridge :p) Particularly those L3000 which I felt I should give them another chance!

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #190 of 244
Im up for it around the home counties area and can drive too.

Bit busy this weekend to discuss, so il get back to the thread next week.

Nov 3, 2007 at 12:30 PM Post #192 of 244
I'd like to come, but it's getting a bit close to exams now and I have too much catching up to do
biggrin.gif
You guys have fun.

Nov 3, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #193 of 244
I'd be up for a mini meet too.

Lost & gained a few things since the last weekend too.

I've just come back from the What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision show in London. I spoke to a few guys there from various companies who were all willing & happy to either sponsor us for next time or supply us with gear to listen to.

I spoke to Sennheiser, Klipsch, Shure & the UK distributor for Grado & Goldring (Armour?)
I got email addresses/phone numbers for all of them & explained to them about last weeks meet & what the likes of Graham Slee & Meridian were kind enough to do for us.

Closer to the time & when we have decided on a venue & date i'll drop these guys a mail & see if we can arrange something big for next time.

Sound good?

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #194 of 244
What's the general consensus about the money I have left over?

There was approximately £140... £40 of which went on dinner at the pizza place.

I can't remember who did and didn't come for dinner.

Either way, there's around about £100 left over.

I suggest we put this towards the next national meet, but if anyone wants their share back and can work out how much, let me know.

Nov 3, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #195 of 244
I didn't go for pizza and would like any refund.

What you need is a list of who went for pizza and who didn't then just divide up and round to the nearest convenient number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back