October 2007 UK Meet Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #226 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have in the UK have a Stax SRM-007II, WooAudio GES or KGSS? I'd like to hear 'em.

I live in Scotland (3 hours bus journey traveling to Edinburgh) and have both O2 and K1000 setup.

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #227 of 244
--> milkpowder

now You really need to organize this meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #228 of 244
Scotland Meet?
biggrin.gif
Next weekend will be the only weekend I'll really be free until goodness knows when. It's getting close to exams so 110% of my attention needs to be focussed on work
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #229 of 244
Good luck for your exams milkpowder!

I am currently seperated from my K1000 by the Atlantic ocean and I have not heard them ever since I've bought them! Such cruel fate...

I spent way too much money to be looking at a F1 or Signature now. However, I reckon Duggeh's amp should be okay for 6 months or so until upgraditis hits me again.

Dec 8, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #230 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnerH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok folks, part 2 is out...

Flickr: Photos from Joao Rita to see em'...

Let me know what you think...

J

3rd and final part of the pictures is out...

Same place as before...

J

Dec 8, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #231 of 244
Great pics! It's good to see all that lovely gear again. I just got my 650s through yesterday and they're burning in with the Slee Solo. Now for the DAC1 as soon as Christmas is out the way, the squeezebox isn't a very good source on its own.

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #233 of 244
Great pix JohnerH!

Latest news: Waiting for my Green Solo to arrive and going to have a dabble with hi-rez on the DAC1 (unfortunately, there are very few DVD transports around that will output data above 24/48 so waiting for suitable hardware to arrive, kind of makes me wish I'd bought the USB version now!).

Regarding the headphone o/p's on the DAC1, they seem to have improved a bit further with more hours under their belt. Hard to know for sure though. I will enjoy doing a proper comparison with the Solo in due course...

Cheers all.

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #235 of 244
I look absolutely awful in that pic where im wearing the orthos.

Scotland meet eh? It has been more than a year...

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #236 of 244
I'm flying home on the Sunday 16th (flight at 6pm) already... Back on the 7th January. I can maybe host a small meet sometime then
biggrin.gif

Ahh... if you want to pop down for a day on Saturday, I guess you can! I'm playing at a wee concert at the Royal Infirmary in the (late 3-5pm) afternoon, but I should be free for the rest of the night. You can stay over Saturday night but I'll be gone on the Sunday...

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #237 of 244
I have picked up some goodies in the meantime as well.

Main attraction should be my Oritek Modded Zhaolu with the new headamp. I was at Ori's house listening to this unit twice and I swear the HD650 never sounded better. In addition to being a completely natural source, the headamp section is the best I have heard the HD650. I really can't wait pit the champion setup (Graham Slee Green Solo + Benchmark DAC1 imo) against the Oritek.

For my K1000, I have also bought the AudioValve RKV MKII amp and the Stefan Art tail end cable as well. I am very bumped that I haven't managed to hear this setup yet but I am sure I can give an opinion during the Christmas holiday.

I am thinking that we would be able to do a battle of the sources - something head-fi has never done before. If we can gather the Benchmark, the Stello, the Beresford and the Merdian G08 along with my own Oritek Zhaolu we could do a pretty cool shootout.

In sadder news, I am heavily consdering selling my GS-1, my modded Zhaolu 2.5A and my HD650. I wil be back in the country on the 19th. Obviously all of you know the condition of those goodies so if you want to make me an offer, go ahead!

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #238 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm flying home on the Sunday 16th (flight at 6pm) already... Back on the 7th January. I can maybe host a small meet sometime then
biggrin.gif

Ahh... if you want to pop down for a day on Saturday, I guess you can! I'm playing at a wee concert at the Royal Infirmary in the (late 3-5pm) afternoon, but I should be free for the rest of the night. You can stay over Saturday night but I'll be gone on the Sunday...

I have my exams in early/mid january. Last on the 17th I think. As for the smash and grab raid its a lovely offer but I've got to babysit the brat, er, brother, this weekend while the parentals are of at some posh bash. So I'm basically back home without any toys. Only a couple of large lever arch files filled with articles to revise. Gods below I may actually get some work done.

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #239 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenitor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really can't wait pit the champion setup (Graham Slee Green Solo + Benchmark DAC1 imo) against the Oritek.

You're on!
biggrin.gif
I'm sure the K1000s will blow it away though.

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #240 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're on!
biggrin.gif
I'm sure the K1000s will blow it away though.

Would be unfair to bring in the heavy guns into an headamp + source fight :p We'll stick to the HD650 for that fight
smily_headphones1.gif

However, I have told by Ori that the K1000 can be driven to moderate volume level on his amp - I really can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back