Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #451 of 1,190
Quote:
When I spoke with Mr. Yamagishi, he was quite frank about the number. He didn't want KAEDE to be affected by grain, hardness, and different curing times. He wanted each one to sound alike as much as possible. At Fujiya's headphone show he mentioned that KAEDE were out of stock/sale. Perhaps a few more were still standing somewhere but were spoken for by Fujiya and that is where this week's news comes from.

Yes, seeing how quickly it went out of stock again I think that it was the release of remainders from the first 200.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #453 of 1,190
Quote:

Yes, seeing how quickly it went out of stock again I think that it was the release of remainders from the first 200.

i think that also , because the first mail from dimitry said that he get some stock , and then i got a massage that , 
"stock for Kaede is on delay from manufacturer due to some issue unknown to us . We were first confirmed last night  stock is on our way so I notified you of availability.
(since only few units were available for Musica,  I decided to advice you in order to assure you get hold of Kaede)
Today things are different. Terribly  sorry as this is second time happening to us."
so it looks like he manufacture the last ones

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #454 of 1,190
All is not lost, fellas. Exclusive as it may be, it was KAEDE today, it'll be something else tomorrow (figuratively speaking). Here's to hoping that the current Ocharaku line-up is just a glimpse of what's in store for the company's future.

On second thought, I'm starting to think there's a special, secret ingredient in that tea...

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #455 of 1,190
Has anyone tried buying through PriceJapan? They claim to have a retailer with stock, but I'm thinking one would be getting a refund after placing that order.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #456 of 1,190
Has anyone tried buying through PriceJapan? They claim to have a retailer with stock, but I'm thinking one would be getting a refund after placing that order.

Last I tried, they informed me the item was NOT in stock (which is why I asked in the first place, since their site allows you to place an order without knowing whether or not the item is/isn't in stock), and quoted me the same date as Fujiya (21'st). Hell, they even linked directly to the Fujiya page, so I assumed they were banking on Fujiya's stock.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #457 of 1,190
Quote:
Last I tried, they informed me the item was NOT in stock (which is why I asked in the first place, since their site allows you to place an order without knowing whether or not the item is/isn't in stock), and quoted me the same date as Fujiya (21'st). Hell, they even linked directly to the Fujiya page, so I assumed they were banking on Fujiya's stock.

Yea, thought so. Will have to be satisfied with the Kuro.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #458 of 1,190
Thanks to the Seattle head-fi community, I tried out Kaede. Based on my preferences, I'm a Kuro fan. Definitely two IEMs with key differences in a very similar sound signature.

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #459 of 1,190
Just received an email from Dimitry informing me that there will be some very few stock available in the coming days.
P.S. We have few more units available for grab in stock, *(last units as production is now over for Kaede))if you know anyone interested in Kaede please let them know. This week only price will remain at 898USDMonday we will offer Kaede for 999USD (our regular cost)

Keep an eye :wink:

Jun 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #460 of 1,190
Quote:

you correct, they give me a refund immediatly. but as PCWar you can grab one at dimitry.
he just send me a email that my shipmment will be on monday , and that he had some kade to sell 

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #461 of 1,190
Quote:
you correct, they give me a refund immediatly. but as PCWar you can grab one at dimitry.
he just send me a email that my shipmment will be on monday , and that he had some kade to sell 

Yes, got the message as well and went ahead and ordered. I will be in a position of owning both the Kaede and the Kuro. I ordered the Kuro because at the time I thought that the Kaede was completely sold out.

Will probably have to sell one as I am not in a financial position to own both, after a comparison of course (No this is not an invite to message me about buying one or the other
normal_smile .gif
, not yet anyway)

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #463 of 1,190
Well it seems that I got a Flat4-KAEDE. Price Japan just sent me the shipping notice and tracking number.

Huzzah!  
size]

(It got shipped today so it is really touch and go as to whether it will arrive before I disappear to Canada for three weeks on Wednesday. If not, it will be something to look forward to when I return.)

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #464 of 1,190
BTW, threaders, cooperpwc was one of the first headfiers I met back in Canada. Poor lad suffered through my very poor hospitality for a couple of hours. Thank you coop, but I'm sorry. If it happened again, I'd make sure it was properly done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back