Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Jun 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #482 of 1,190
Thanks, shigzeo.

This tip rolling fool is concluding that it may be possible to think too much sometimes. Using the recommended and included T200 tips at a comfortable depth and straight down, i.e. as intended, produces good bass, a nice open sound stage and lots of detail. I like throwing crossfeed into the mix but... I like crossfeed.

The Flat4-KAEDE is a bit bright. Perhaps that will tame with time but I also think that it is part of the sound signature. The mids are not as lusciously and euphonically colored as the Heaven VI but they have a lovely quality: a nice timbre, not too forward but not a sense of being recessed either. The mids feel natural and easy. The sound stage is something special. It is not so much that it is wide (although it fairs pretty well in that regard) but rather spacious. It is the polar opposite of one of the main complaints that i had with the IE800. There is not a hint of congestion but rather great separation and air. With this comes remarkable detail. I am hearing things that i normally don't notice, even with other detailed IEMs.

Overall this is a lovely IEM. I think that it can only improve with burn in. I also throw in the caveat that I have clocked only a handful of hours on it. Impressions are preliminary.

Unboxing yesterday was fun. I picked up the KAEDE just as I was off to meet jamato8 who is in town for the month. Great to share the pride of my new baby. The KAEDE sounds wonderful out of this little tube amp that John had bought at Jaben.

I heard it also from HM900 and DX100 but the above amp really was exceptional. It uses a single 6DJ8/6922. (Edit: We were using the HM900 as the source.)

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for a small and secure case for the Flat4 IEMs, look no further than the Westone Monitor Vault.

Sorry ES5 but you are evicted - at least until I get another Monitor Vault.

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #488 of 1,190
Quote:
Lee you ordered them ! I knew you woyld crack.

The Sui are up there for me in preference. Probably more so than even you :p. Just something about the sound that draws me in. If the Kaede improves upon that them it's really ticking the right spots for me. The Sui's weakness for me was the vocals sounding a tad distant. Just a bit more forward would be ideal. My Suis are up for grabs now. I also have a 3 year extended warranty on them that will refund their total value if they fail within the 3 years. :) Anyone interested?

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #489 of 1,190
Looks like this thread has finally got more action :). Congrats to all who purchased!

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #490 of 1,190
I was at a classical concert Sunday..balcony seats. When the Orchestra started playing......only a select few IEMs popped into my head that could portray the experience regarding sound stage/space to a certain extent. 

One such IEM was the Kaeda albeit with a brighter tonality overall
size]

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #491 of 1,190
Comply TS200, baby! Absolutely brilliant.

Okay, full disclosure. I am actually using the TS500 which I ordered a month ago for the Heaven VI. They just arrived after a free trip to the capital of Indonesia. (Good job, USPS.) You would think that the TS500 would not work with the KAEDE but they do. They slide on a bit easily but are still airtight and don't come off when I remove the KAEDE from my ears. Obviously the TS200 are the better choice if you are placing an order.

The large Comply TS tips are giving me an easier and more secure seal than the T tips. They're obviously superior - at least for my large ear canals.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #492 of 1,190
Quote:
Comply TS200, baby! Absolutely brilliant.

Okay, full disclosure. I am actually using the TS500 which I ordered a month ago for the Heaven VI. They just arrived after a free trip to the capital of Indonesia. (Good job, USPS.) You would think that the TS500 would not work with the KAEDA but they do. They slide on a bit easily but are still airtight and don't come off when I remove the KAEDA from my ears. Obviously the TS200 are the better choice if you are placing an order.

The large Comply TS tips are giving me an easier and more secure seal than the T tips. They're obviously superior - at least for my large ear canals.

Are these Complpy tips you speak of the ones that come with the Sui/Kaede? The ones that came with my Sui don't offer any sort of seal and I'm pretty sure those are large....

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #495 of 1,190
What comes with the KAEDE is one set of Medium T200 installed and one set of Large T200 in a plastic packet.

What I am talking about here is the Large TS200. These are round bulbous foamies, a completely different shape. 

And yes, they will probably give you a seal where the T200 do not.

Edit: Comply TS200 web site here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back