Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple)
Jun 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #438 of 1,190
Has anyone compared the Kaede to the Final Audio Piano ix. I have a pair of the ix and would like to know what are the differences between the sound of these 2 Japanese companies. I am hoping that Muppetface could chime in.

Thanks

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #439 of 1,190
Leica: they are incredibly different. FA earphones are all about the midrange and extremely rich ring/resonance in the upper mids. There is nothing like dynamic series, either. Ocharaku have a much more traditional sound, though it is wider than probably anything out there. Bass is something final audio's dynamic driver earphones (and headphones) do not deliver; and highs are rolled off. I enjoy the sound, but it takes a while to acclimatise to it (for me).

Make no mistake, though, the house sound between these two companies is a bigger difference than night and day. It's like night (on mercury) and day (on venus). Something like that. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #440 of 1,190
Thanks for the info. I have the piano ix and also akg 3003 and would like to add the Kaede to true mix. Would you say the Kaede is closer in tone and dynamics to the akg? Sorry for the question if you not auditioned the AKG.

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #441 of 1,190
I've heard the AKG only a few times. But it has a more traditional sound. Final Audio have a sound compeltely and utterly their own. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. But if you dig that sound, you won't find it in another earphone at all. 

So, in a way, yes, KAEDE is more similar to the AKG, as, despite its atypically wide, detailed stage, and freaking amazing vocals, is much more a typical presentation than is the FA earphones. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #442 of 1,190
ocharaku-FLAT4-KURO%20earphones.jpg

Coincidentally, my review of KURO is now up. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #444 of 1,190
Assuming that Ochuraku are standing by their original intention to have all of the Flat4-KAEDE chambers made from the same original piece of maple wood, I wonder how many new units beyond the original 200 they have produced.

(This is assuming also that these actually are additional units and not some of the 200 that they held back).

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #445 of 1,190
Quote:
what do you meen warranty ? there is somthing special about his warranty? this is the first time that i buy from him , so i would like to know.

He'll most likely take care of you instead of having to go through the manufacturer. So it may be easier overall.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #446 of 1,190
Wow, it looks like it is out of stock and discontinued again at Fujiya AVIC. Musica Acoustics are also not accepting any new orders at this time although they may get more. Whatever the source, the second release was small. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #447 of 1,190
Quote:
Assuming that Ochuraku are standing by their original intention to have all of the Flat4-KAEDA chambers made from the same original piece of maple wood, I wonder how many new units beyond the original 200 they have produced.

(This is assuming also that these actually are additional units and not some of the 200 that they held back).

When I spoke with Mr. Yamagishi, he was quite frank about the number. He didn't want KAEDE to be affected by grain, hardness, and different curing times. He wanted each one to sound alike as much as possible. At Fujiya's headphone show he mentioned that KAEDE were out of stock/sale. Perhaps a few more were still standing somewhere but were spoken for by Fujiya and that is where this week's news comes from.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #450 of 1,190
Since KAEDE is no longer available, I'll turn my attention over to KURO. Then again, I'm beginning to think that maybe that's where my attention should have been all along, since MuppetFace mentioned that the KAEDE and SUI sound much closer to one another than not, and the SUI hasn't appealed to me from having read the impressions. Glad to see that the KURO is not a limited production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back