Obtaining Pink Noise??
Mar 10, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a link for you wich contains 20 minutes of pink noise. Just loop it and let it play forever...

http://www.binkster.net/extras.shtml#cd
That should do the trick..

I'm downloading the "Pink Noise 20 minutes" file. This is what I should use to burn in my headphones right?

Also, how long should I burn in (hours?) with this pink noise on new headphones?

Mar 10, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #32 of 40
just listen to some music
wink.gif
good grief

Mar 10, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm downloading the "Pink Noise 20 minutes" file. This is what I should use to burn in my headphones right?

Also, how long should I burn in (hours?) with this pink noise on new headphones?

Yes, that is the file. Keep your volume moderate. You might want to try using the track of silence (the next track at Mr. Bink's page) in between as a "break time" for your phones as well during burn in.

I don't know what headphones you own, or how long other users have reported having to burn in that model, so hopefully you will tell us what headphone you are burning in, and others can help you! Prolines take 250 hours to finally settle in, it seems, other headphones take less time.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Mar 10, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzydice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just listen to some music
wink.gif
good grief

You must have missed THIS POST just above that describes why pink noise is superior to tempered scale fundamentals and their harmonics for burning in headphones. It really does work better than just listening to music, in the long run.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Mar 10, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbritton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that is the file. Keep your volume moderate. You might want to try using the track of silence (the next track at Mr. Bink's page) in between as a "break time" for your phones as well during burn in.

I don't know what headphones you own, or how long other users have reported having to burn in that model, so hopefully you will tell us what headphone you are burning in, and others can help you! Prolines take 250 hours to finally settle in, it seems, other headphones take less time.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Thanks

I just bought:
Koss KSC75
Sennheiser CX300
Yuin PK2

About how much time burning in for each?

Jul 23, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #37 of 40
dont bother with all of those little "audiophile" programs or clips, just get nchtone generator. Can generator any tone, and does all the pink noise and such for any duration you want. you can also use it to create tone wavs.

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyshedd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one simple method to create "pink noise" is to tune your radio station to an area on the dial where there is no signal. i forget how i learned this but it works....white noise is what ppl usually like to fall asleep to. white noise is the higher frequencies only.

IIRC, the out-of-tune radio sound is actually white noise. I was taught that you should never play white noise at high volumes through speakers (but pink noise is safe).

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyshedd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one simple method to create "pink noise" is to tune your radio station to an area on the dial where there is no signal. i forget how i learned this but it works....white noise is what ppl usually like to fall asleep to. white noise is the higher frequencies only.

Actually FM interstation hiss is more aptly termed "rose' noise", since it isn't strictly pink noise but more of a lite version.

Is it even possible to get interstation FM hiss anymore with the proliferation of digital tuners with automatic muting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back