Obscure Chinese DAPs
Apr 11, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #2,687 of 8,143
No, it support max. 32GB SD card.
I need much more. I prefer physical key to touch.

My Benjie S5 works with my 128GB (Samsung Evo) MicroSD card. No issues.

Avoid Kingston MicroSD card for the Benjie S5 as my set did not work with Kingston Cards.

Pretty sure theres a file limit, with my 64gb Samsung card it wouldn't read new files after about 40gb, sadly it broke or would try my 128gb card, but from all the reports I don't think it'll work properly over 32gb.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #2,688 of 8,143
Pretty sure theres a file limit, with my 64gb Samsung card it wouldn't read new files after about 40gb, sadly it broke or would try my 128gb card, but from all the reports I don't think it'll work properly over 32gb.

Not tried anything over a 32 in my S5 however my K1/T6 runs good on a 64GB
wink_face.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #2,690 of 8,143
Can you say T6 is an improvement in SQ over S5?

Not a whole lot but since it does not have internal memory (my minds ear) thinks it is just a wee more detailed. Form factor I much prefer to the S5 but the signature is very vewy close. Should have the K9 here any day now and I'm betting it sounds identical to the S5 (really a guess at this point) I'll post up on it once I have it and I'll compare all three
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #2,694 of 8,143

Well I'm not too sure about yours. But my Samsung EVO 128GB card works fine with about approx 75GB worth of music (all .WAV). Copying, Playback no issues. No lag or whatsoever.

For the Kingston 64GB card... The player wouldn't even read from the card (even with 1 track) and I cannot even write onto the card. It's just like Kingston MicroSD card is totally rejected all I get is errors and more errors while attempting to playback or write files using the S5.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #2,695 of 8,143

Well I'm not too sure about yours. But my Samsung EVO 128GB card works fine with about approx 75GB worth of music (all .WAV). Copying, Playback no issues. No lag or whatsoever.

For the Kingston 64GB card... The player wouldn't even read from the card (even with 1 track) and I cannot even write onto the card. It's just like Kingston MicroSD card is totally rejected all I get is errors and more errors while attempting to playback or write files using the S5.

I am finding that in some instances the formatting of the card matters.

For Benjie DAPs, I have been told that you should use exFAT formatting (instead of FAT32 or NTFS) to be sure that the microSD card is recognized.

Generally, using the DAP itself to format the microSD card should work.

Apr 12, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #2,696 of 8,143

If you're using wav that would probably explain it, you'll probably have less files for 75gb than I'd have for 40gb, as I predominantly use 16bit Flac and some 320kbps mp3.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #2,697 of 8,143
  I am finding that in some instances the formatting of the card matters.

For Benjie DAPs, I have been told that you should use exFAT formatting (instead of FAT32 or NTFS) to be sure that the microSD card is recognized.

Generally, using the DAP itself to format the microSD card should work.

I usually use the DAP itself to format the microSD card to be safe. However my Benjie S5 wouldnt even format the MicroSD card at all.

Anyway I found the reason (very very technical stuff relating to the manufacturing of the microSD card details) why my Benjie S5 wouldnt support my Kingston MicroSD card.

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #2,698 of 8,143
If you're using wav that would probably explain it, you'll probably have less files for 75gb than I'd have for 40gb, as I predominantly use 16bit Flac and some 320kbps mp3.

Works fine with my (pretty full) 128 GB card, all files mp3 format. All were copied using another player though, and I only use folder view, if any of this makes a difference.

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,699 of 8,143

I usually use the DAP itself to format the microSD card to be safe. However my Benjie S5 wouldnt even format the MicroSD card at all.

Anyway I found the reason (very very technical stuff relating to the manufacturing of the microSD card details) why my Benjie S5 wouldnt support my Kingston MicroSD card.

Now I am really curious, why wouldn't this DAP, or any other, not support/format this particular card?

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #2,700 of 8,143
https://goo.gl/AxCd48
The elder brother of Walnut?)))
DAP/Amp/USB-DAC Zishan Z1. DAC ES9023 + opamp NE5532 with 12(18?)V power supply.

they are now on ebay, for those of you that doesnt want to deal with the Taobao world wide shipping confusion

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zisha-Z1-hifi-player-lossless-fever-MP3-player-portable-amp-amp-DSD-DIY-USB-DAC-/272627864605?hash=item3f79e3141d:g:evkAAOSwhQhY7YfH (this ebay seller is the same ebay seller listed on Vapman's Walnut V2 thread's post 3, a few members over at the Walnut thread purchased from this seller from what i've read)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Zisha-Z1-hifi-player-lossless-fever-MP3-player-portable-amp-DSD-DIY-USB-DAC-/132157061101?hash=item1ec52cb7ed:g:5f4AAOSw4CFY7iqm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back