Obscure Chinese DAPs
Feb 27, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #2,372 of 8,143
Damn those automated algorithms!

Your vote has been registered...and noted...and stored for future action. Please maintain an orderly exit. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #2,374 of 8,143
"Dear friend,
We just got the notification from the factory that Benjie K9 has 5% quantity which has software bug in the time and date setting. As long as users set the time or date, it may be lead to frozen, and after resume, the play button will be not working. This problem found in the products which was produced in Jan. Now this problem has been fixed. But there are 5% buyers may receive their BENJIE K9 player with this bug. So we suggest you not to set the time and date. In case you receive the player with bug in time and date setting, pls do contact us, we will try our best to help you. Thanks!"

Message for me from seller Aliexpress, it is true?

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #2,375 of 8,143
  "Dear friend,
We just got the notification from the factory that Benjie K9 has 5% quantity which has software bug in the time and date setting. As long as users set the time or date, it may be lead to frozen, and after resume, the play button will be not working. This problem found in the products which was produced in Jan. Now this problem has been fixed. But there are 5% buyers may receive their BENJIE K9 player with this bug. So we suggest you not to set the time and date. In case you receive the player with bug in time and date setting, pls do contact us, we will try our best to help you. Thanks!"

Haven't heard of it but it sounds plausible. I don't see any reason to buy the K9 anymore though since the X1 is the same price.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #2,376 of 8,143
ONN X5 vs. Nintaus X10 ? Any thoughts? I read from review that X10 has pretty "lousy" control wheel function and UI is pretty useless.

Have you got a link to the review advising the control wheel is lousy? Only reviews I've found say the wheel is good but overall UI isn't great, which is a fairly universal assessment of most budget DACs. I'm used to using the S5 and Xduoo X2 so poor UI isn't really that important to me.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #2,377 of 8,143
Feb 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #2,378 of 8,143
  "Dear friend,

I have Benjie K9, I don't have problem with Date and Time Setting but the clock in K9 is not correct. I set a correct time but it will be wrong in about half of day.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #2,379 of 8,143
Sadly my order for Nintaus X10s was held back for 2 months by DHL Asia Pacific...Said it was a suspicious package!! Grrrrr got my money refunded by the AliExpress seller though :)
On the plus side I got my Aigo Mp3 108 today.. very impressed with the build quality and sound

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #2,380 of 8,143
Sadly my order for Nintaus X10s was held back for 2 months by DHL Asia Pacific...Said it was a suspicious package!! Grrrrr got my money refunded by the AliExpress seller though
smily_headphones1.gif

On the plus side I got my Aigo Mp3 108 today.. very impressed with the build quality and sound 

Nice. Hope you can give us some more details later.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,382 of 8,143
The build quality and sound are both good.

The sound of the AGPTEK H01 is aggressive and precise. It's very detailed, with a lot of attack (bass sounds really punch). On certain pieces of music, with a lot of bass, the attack can be quite fatiguing. Let me put it this way: this is not the device for you if you're a Maroon 5 fan; your head will hurt. Matchbox Twenty, on the other hand, sounds great.

I should also mention that while the sound is not thin overall, there's a certain thinness somewhere in the spectrum. It reminds me of the iPhone in that respect. Maybe someone else can describe that aspect better. If I come up with better words, I'll edit this post. Describing sound is difficult.

One more thing. That solid construction means it's a heavy device, and if you have to carry a phone too, things get a little cumbersome. I wish I didn't have to carry the phone :wink:

Sent from mTalk

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #2,383 of 8,143
The build quality and sound are both good.

The sound of the AGPTEK H01 is aggressive and precise. It's very detailed, with a lot of attack (bass sounds really punch). On certain pieces of music, with a lot of bass, the attack can be quite fatiguing. Let me put it this way: this is not the device for you if you're a Maroon 5 fan; your head will hurt. Matchbox Twenty, on the other hand, sounds great.

I should also mention that while the sound is not thin overall, there's a certain thinness somewhere in the spectrum. It reminds me of the iPhone in that respect. Maybe someone else can describe that aspect better. If I come up with better words, I'll edit this post. Describing sound is difficult.

One more thing. That solid construction means it's a heavy device, and if you have to carry a phone too, things get a little cumbersome. I wish I didn't have to carry the phone
wink.gif

Sent from mTalk

Phone? Priorities man. Priorities! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back