oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Apr 3, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #256 of 498

TOTL flagship full size open cans - that's exactly how it feels with ERIB1C.  Selection of eartips is important for a good seal and security to keep them in your ears, and true - takes a bit of tip rolling but the reward is priceless!  I actually ended up using UE900 original silicone tips, they are more springy and firmer in my ears (I got a damn wide earcanal opening, always use the largest tips).

With marketing, actually Phil does a lot of it on FB and other social media channels.  But due to so many different models and price variation, it could be difficult for people to make up their mind.  I hope there will be more oBravo representation at audio shows, especially local US CanJams (I assume, Moon-audio should take a lead on that).  I would have loved to test all the models at CanJam NYC.

I've read some negative or "meh"  impressions from people who have tried them at shows, and totally understand why, given their openness and sensitivity to outside noise, and the tip issue.  Also, in my opinion, it seems that brain burn in had significantly greater impact with these (EAMT-1c) in my listening time than other iems I have owned, including Noble, FitEar, FAD, and Shure.  Maybe it was burn in with the DD?

Phil, you can make the cable headache go away with a simple mmcx to oBravo connector short interconnect adapter
wink.gif
  Let people play around with their own collection of aftermarket balanced and single ended cables and let them compare it to a stock cable.  No need to change the design of the current shell, just add a short interconnect to go from oBravo proprietary mmcx connector to a universal one.  Boom!  Done!
biggrin.gif

I would love an adapter like that, which would work since the cables (for me anyway) are worn down.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #257 of 498
Phil, you can make the cable headache go away with a simple mmcx to oBravo connector short interconnect adapter :wink:   Let people play around with their own collection of aftermarket balanced and single ended cables and let them compare it to a stock cable.  No need to change the design of the current shell, just add a short interconnect to go from oBravo proprietary mmcx connector to a universal one.  Boom!  Done! :D
indeed yes. We have had this discussion. I don't know if I can ever persuade oBravo to listen to me on this one. :)

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #258 of 498
  Kind of a dead thread here, no doubt due to the cost and small amount of marketing of the Obravo line, but I have to say that I've finally found the proper depth insertion and seal using JVC spiral dots to get the sq I was looking for.  Sound is phenomenal, like a totl over ear open can, and I can't imagine preferring another iem over this for a good long time.  Granted they are finicky in getting the proper fit, but when you do, they are airy, coherent, and nicely balanced.  Still trying to see if  I can have a custom cable terminated properly, and though the connectors are very well done and secure, I wish they had not chosen to use such proprietary mmcx connectors.

Thanks for sharing! I'm gonna hunt down the tips for my eamt3a and compare it with the blue complys.

Apr 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #261 of 498
Apr 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #262 of 498
Apr 11, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #264 of 498
  I previously commented a little here on how badly I disliked Obravo's earphones. I was at Last year's canjam singapore and both a friend and I tried them, and we were both rather horrified by what we heard.

This year, my friends and I were at the recently concluded Singapore Canjam again, and I would like to say a little something.

I would like to retract my statements about them being awfully horrendous sounding. 

Now, I won't comment on all models, there were still a couple lower in the line that I thought sounded very funky tonally, but strangely, the previous flagship sounded pretty decent, and I can understand why some people would love the super open and airy sound. My friend, who also thought they were horrid last year, had the exact same thoughts as me. It was not completely my sound, but I could appreciate it. This was the EAMT ceramic earphones with both the 10 and 13mm DDs. I also tried the newest flagship but unfortunately the tone did not sit well with me. 

Now I'm not certain why it's like this, but perhaps we could attribute it to Obravo tidying up their production and product variances, I'm not sure, but what I will say, is that they have a pretty special product that would cater to some, and I can not only understand but appreciate it now. It's not my cup of tea, but it's not horrid :wink:

Assuming you are located in Singapore, and would like to have a longer session with a pair of EAMT-3A in your preferred ambience and set up, do hit me up via PM. I am free on most week days late noon onward.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #266 of 498
  Kind of a dead thread here, no doubt due to the cost and small amount of marketing of the Obravo line, but I have to say that I've finally found the proper depth insertion and seal using JVC spiral dots to get the sq I was looking for.  Sound is phenomenal, like a totl over ear open can, and I can't imagine preferring another iem over this for a good long time.  Granted they are finicky in getting the proper fit, but when you do, they are airy, coherent, and nicely balanced.  Still trying to see if  I can have a custom cable terminated properly, and though the connectors are very well done and secure, I wish they had not chosen to use such proprietary mmcx connectors.

i use exact the same jvc spiral dot with my eamt-1c after trying more then a dozen other tips. these earphones react very strong to differnt types of tips, when the earphone sits to deep in the earchannel you loose the bass (and can sound very unbalanced), only the long compy foams and the jvc spiral dot worked for me (are long enough), you can even change the bass amount from switching from m to l tips, the compy foams are a little lighter in the highs and softer with the bass responce. never had a earphone that i as picky, but it's a good thing for me, let you tune the sound, with the jvc spiral dot the eamt-1c sounds very nice and coherent.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #268 of 498
Ok where is best to get some spiral dots please?

I must try these also with Ra

In the US, I pick mine up on Amazon.  "JVC Spiral Dots".  I think I have also seen them on Ebay.  Don't know about the other sizes, but the Large are slightly larger than any other Large I have found.  Plus the bores are nicely wide to suit wide iem bores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back