oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Mar 3, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #377 of 498
The oBravo family of earphones, whilst confusing in terms of naming, is still fascinating. I've wondered how they sound for ages, Thanks for the impressions guys!

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #378 of 498
The oBravo family of earphones, whilst confusing in terms of naming, is still fascinating. I've wondered how they sound for ages, Thanks for the impressions guys!
The naming, once aware makes lots of sense.

E (earphone) AMT (amt tweeter)
E (earphone) RIB (Planar tweeter)
H (headphone) AMT (amt tweeter)
H (headphone) RIB (Planar tweeter)

1 (top of the line, largest dynamic driver) - 8 (smallest dynamic driver)

A = Aluminium Enclosure
W = Wood Enclusure
C = Ceramic Enclosure

Mar 8, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #379 of 498
The naming, once aware makes lots of sense.

E (earphone) AMT (amt tweeter)
E (earphone) RIB (Planar tweeter)
H (headphone) AMT (amt tweeter)
H (headphone) RIB (Planar tweeter)

1 (top of the line, largest dynamic driver) - 8 (smallest dynamic driver)

A = Aluminium Enclosure
W = Wood Enclusure
C = Ceramic Enclosure
Helo PhilW
Is it true that you give up the distribution of obravo headphones ?

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #381 of 498
As I already mentioned on FB, the latest oBravo HAMT Signature flagship hybrid with 40mm AMT driver, 57mm Dynamic driver, a juicy Mundorf Mcap, Acacia wooden back, Alcantara earpads, Carbon fiber headband, Titanium lifting rod, and a unique fine-tuning system with filter plugs. Also, a new premium cable is coming!

obravo_hamt-signature-01.jpg obravo_hamt-signature-14.jpg obravo_hamt-signature-11.jpg obravo_hamt-signature-12.jpg obravo_hamt-signature-15.jpg obravo_hamt-signature-19.jpg

Apr 14, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #382 of 498
Latecomer to the thread so just just finished playing catch up. After demoing the erib-1a for a very short time (thanks to @PhilW at Audio Concierge), I quickly set about making room (& more importantly - generating funds), for my own pair + balanced cable.

Having had them a couple of weeks, I was more than happy that they could take the place of my over ear cans for home usage, so....I sold them!

Furthermore, so enamoured was I with the the sound of the erib-1’s that I’ve now picked up a pair of the 5a’s as a daily driver! Very pleased with them too.

Using Symbio tips with both pairs and I’d highly recommend them.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #383 of 498
B52121AA-7338-4072-8BDD-455027B32972.jpeg

May 11, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #386 of 498
Thanks the new cable quality is great i really liked.
Do not know, I'm not sure but it seems to me that the sound presentation changes a bit is more laid back I think it suits me better :)

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #388 of 498
Welcome to the Ra family. Especially enjoy the newly designed cable system.

Been wondering from that picture if it's a new stock cable or after market option. I guess a new stock? What is the wire material/spec?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back