oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Feb 2, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #362 of 498
eamt-2c really great with 1z
20180425_154758.jpg

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #366 of 498
my portable dreamteam since 1 1/2 years, no new earphone since the obravo ra:

wm1z_ra.jpg

only changed the cable to a diy neotech gp-oag gold plated silver occ cable (superb performance, never harsh).

the obravo ra even scales up with a fine desktop dac and amp, denafrips terminator with my diy smd dynalo sounds
wonderful to me. listen 40% to this combination and 40 % to the abyss phi (denafrips / pathos inpol remix). these
two are more similar then you would think (and both are demanding and a bit tricky to sound good). from all the gear
i have (and had) these two are for me the perfect match.

if i would loose the obravo ra i would order a new one the next day, a masterpiece of audio engineering.

so i didn't buy any new headphone or earphone since the abyss phi and the obravo ra, 18 month time to update the
rest of the chain :wink:.

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #367 of 498
my portable dreamteam since 1 1/2 years, no new earphone since the obravo ra:

only changed the cable to a diy neotech gp-oag gold plated silver occ cable (superb performance, never harsh).

the obravo ra even scales up with a fine desktop dac and amp, denafrips terminator with my diy smd dynalo sounds
wonderful to me. listen 40% to this combination and 40 % to the abyss phi (denafrips / pathos inpol remix). these
two are more similar then you would think (and both are demanding and a bit tricky to sound good). from all the gear
i have (and had) these two are for me the perfect match.

if i would loose the obravo ra i would order a new one the next day, a masterpiece of audio engineering.

so i didn't buy any new headphone or earphone since the abyss phi and the obravo ra, 18 month time to update the
rest of the chain :wink:.

That's just beautiful. Is that a 1z right?

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #368 of 498
The vent closing also makes you lose some soundstage width too though. I have found with oBravo I get a lot of vertical headroom. Not something I get with other IEMs all the time.

There is always a trade off :wink: Btw, can't wait to chat with David/oBravo in two weeks at CanJam NYC!!! Wonder if he is cooking something new :D

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #372 of 498
a bird told me that we have soon a new ra user :wink:, i post some feedback he ask me for:

as the eamt1-c is allready excellent the differences are not night and day. whats is realy nice is that
the amt ii driver has nicer mids (also a tad more presence) then the eamt-1c, you realize that very good
with some vocal jazz. that is for me the best part of the upgrade to the ra. beside that the new amt ii driver
has a tad better resolution - is more refined whitout getting over the edge like a sr009 who can be steril.

first i found the improvment with the bigger bass driver small, the eamt1-c has this deep good structered
bass allready. the amount of the bass of these two are very similar. after some time (and in think that
has a lot to do with break-in) i heard that the bass driver is better structured and faster then the old one.

the ra has the same width of the soundstage as the eamt1-c but has a better definition in the deep. so
yes overall the ra is better then the eamt1-c but both play in such a high liga that the differences are
not huge (as normal when you compare high priced gear).

and that has to do with you question about the wm1z. the wm1z drives the ra fine, loud enough an this
combo has a nice, warm and easy sound signature. a character i like a lot and is better then any other
earphones i used with the sony. i use the eq whit the ra, add 2 db @ 31hz / 1.5 db @ 62 hz /
0.5 db @ 125 hz, minus 1db @ 8k / 1.5 db / 16k.

the interesting part is that i don't use a eq with my bigger desktop amps like my smd dynalo which i prefer
at the moment for the ra. so the ra scales excellent up and reacts fine to the gear. in contrast to the sony
combo the bass has with the dynalo better definition and is more controlled. you can hear that asap but is
more a different taste then better or bader. with the dynalo the ra is more dynamic and energetic
(mainly in the bass era). it's not a fair comparsion to the wm1z combo, i use a denafrips terminator dac, a
tuned aries femto and my dynalo, this chain is simply better then the sony.

both drivers in the ra need a good break-in time, i would let them play for 10 days, 4 days are for me the
minimum. i prefer comply ts-500 foam over any other foam or silicon tip (more trebel energie). the ra is
sensitive to the ear tips, try a lot if possible, i think the orginal blue foams are allready comply ts-500 tips.

you can gain resolution with a different cable, pure silver was to harsh for me, dito most of the silver plated
cables. the dita truth copper replacement cable copper gives you a bass boost. i prefer a neotech gold
plated silver cable, the neotech gold plated copper cable is also nice vs the silver one a tad easier to bad
recordings.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #373 of 498
a bird told me that we have soon a new ra user :wink:, i post some feedback he ask me for:

as the eamt1-c is allready excellent the differences are not night and day. whats is realy nice is that
the amt ii driver has nicer mids (also a tad more presence) then the eamt-1c, you realize that very good
with some vocal jazz. that is for me the best part of the upgrade to the ra. beside that the new amt ii driver
has a tad better resolution - is more refined whitout getting over the edge like a sr009 who can be steril.

first i found the improvment with the bigger bass driver small, the eamt1-c has this deep good structered
bass allready. the amount of the bass of these two are very similar. after some time (and in think that
has a lot to do with break-in) i heard that the bass driver is better structured and faster then the old one.

the ra has the same width of the soundstage as the eamt1-c but has a better definition in the deep. so
yes overall the ra is better then the eamt1-c but both play in such a high liga that the differences are
not huge (as normal when you compare high priced gear).

and that has to do with you question about the wm1z. the wm1z drives the ra fine, loud enough an this
combo has a nice, warm and easy sound signature. a character i like a lot and is better then any other
earphones i used with the sony. i use the eq whit the ra, add 2 db @ 31hz / 1.5 db @ 62 hz /
0.5 db @ 125 hz, minus 1db @ 8k / 1.5 db / 16k.

the interesting part is that i don't use a eq with my bigger desktop amps like my smd dynalo which i prefer
at the moment for the ra. so the ra scales excellent up and reacts fine to the gear. in contrast to the sony
combo the bass has with the dynalo better definition and is more controlled. you can hear that asap but is
more a different taste then better or bader. with the dynalo the ra is more dynamic and energetic
(mainly in the bass era). it's not a fair comparsion to the wm1z combo, i use a denafrips terminator dac, a
tuned aries femto and my dynalo, this chain is simply better then the sony.

both drivers in the ra need a good break-in time, i would let them play for 10 days, 4 days are for me the
minimum. i prefer comply ts-500 foam over any other foam or silicon tip (more trebel energie). the ra is
sensitive to the ear tips, try a lot if possible, i think the orginal blue foams are allready comply ts-500 tips.

you can gain resolution with a different cable, pure silver was to harsh for me, dito most of the silver plated
cables. the dita truth copper replacement cable copper gives you a bass boost. i prefer a neotech gold
plated silver cable, the neotech gold plated copper cable is also nice vs the silver one a tad easier to bad
recordings.

Yes a little birdie told me this rumour too. I wonder if it's true? Lol

Thank you for your impressions. They are very good in comparison with the EAMT1 and I think a number of EAMT1 owners wonder what the next step up will give them.

The difference I hear with the AMT is that everything across the frequency range feels so solid and joined together. There aren't miniscule gaps or lack of energy anywhere in the sonic range making for a completely pleasurable experience that can completely envelop you. Not to mention the fact that after a substantial 200 hours burn in, the timbre is incredible. The Ra C Cu is just another level with the copper and again, annoyingly another step up from the Ra, it makes everything more lush, musical and smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back