oBravo EAMT-3w impressions thread. Is it an apex IEM?
May 7, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #16 of 29
I only had a brief listen to the 3 Phil. It would need more time in my ears for me to verify what you're saying , hopefully on the 27th I can come in and clarify what you're saying as I have 3 custom IEMs (IE800s and X11is with custom tips and Encore CIEMs) who have bass as a strong point and haven't been used as a reference against the 3s I heard.
The ERIBs do not have the sub bass , they have mid bass and are a very clear sound as a result

May 7, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #17 of 29
  I only had a brief listen to the 3 Phil. It would need more time in my ears for me to verify what you're saying , hopefully on the 27th I can come in and clarify what you're saying as I have 3 custom IEMs (IE800s and X11is with custom tips and Encore CIEMs) who have bass as a strong point and haven't been used as a reference against the 3s I heard.
The ERIBs do not have the sub bass , they have mid bass and are a very clear sound as a result

I have the 3a waiting here ready for you and glassmonkey :D

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/obravo-eamt-3-a-earphones.html

Regards

Phil

May 7, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #18 of 29
  would these appeal to bass lovers

There are differences between bass-heads and bass lovers. If you are a bass-head, neither the ERIB-2a or the EAMT-3w are going to get it done for you. Neither has amazing bass quantity. The bass quality on both is superb, but the bass volume isn't jacked up like most bass-heads will like. The bass has plenty of grip and extension and is well controlled on both offerings I've heard. I think the EAMT-3w has a bit more grunt and more quantity of bass than the ERIB-2a. The EAMT-3w sacrifices a little attack compared to the ERIB-2a, but has a bigger soundstage (which is incredible) and fuller bass.

The oBravo headphone I'm hoping will work best for bass is the ERIB-1a. The ERIB-1a has a 13mm dynamic driver, so that should supply plenty of bass, but I don't think it is in stores yet. I saw it on an Asian oBravo distributor site. The price on the Asian site was about £1400, so it won't be cheap, but it very well may be epic. I'm hoping to get a listen in the not too distant future.

May 7, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #19 of 29

Dude you going on the 27th? I was planning to go on the 26th but I guess I can change my plans somewhat.

May 7, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #20 of 29
Yes Eu Jin , intention will be to hit custom cables on the 27th , just the what time is not something I've thought about yet. My girlfriend is with me but will not want to come so it'll be a case of chatting to her and getting a plan to keep jo happy. Which should be easy. What time would you be around? We should not miss this opportunity to meet up again

May 7, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #21 of 29
Yes Eu Jin , intention will be to hit custom cables on the 27th , just the what time is not something I've thought about yet. My girlfriend is with me but will not want to come so it'll be a case of chatting to her and getting a plan to keep jo happy. Which should be easy. What time would you be around? We should not miss this opportunity to meet up again

I'm completely free (AFAIK now) on the 27th and its after my exams so any time within CC's opening time is fine for me. So just plan out your own schedule and I'll plan my to suit yours.

May 7, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #23 of 29
Sounds great my partner is happy to give me 2 hours at headphone HQ (max)
smily_headphones1.gif

Keep me posted. I'm good all day. PM when you decide when's your time slot.

May 28, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #24 of 29
I've finally written up my review of these babies.

oBravo EAMT-3w: stadium soundstage, smooth signature, detail master, but not my apex IEM

I hope folks like it. There be Alan Rickman and Mighty Boosh ahead.

@Takeanidea, I did work lasagne and surfing into a review, but the review is on hold as iFi thinks I may have a ground loop. That review is written and ready to post. Whilst I don't think I have multiple ground loops, which is what it would take for my review to have issues, I'm willing to give it a little time to do appropriate checks. I don't want to put out an unintentionally biased review.

Oct 18, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #25 of 29
I heard them at the Indulgence Show in Novotel recently as well as a pair of the full sized cans. I was not impressed. Not in the slightest. Perhaps it was a faulty floor unit, but all I got was distortion, distortion and more bloated low end distortion. Practically non existent highs and mids. I switched sources and amps, yet nothing. This was in line with the sound given by the full sized hybrid cans. Did anybody else hear what I did, or was it just me?

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #26 of 29
  I heard them at the Indulgence Show in Novotel recently as well as a pair of the full sized cans. I was not impressed. Not in the slightest. Perhaps it was a faulty floor unit, but all I got was distortion, distortion and more bloated low end distortion. Practically non existent highs and mids. I switched sources and amps, yet nothing. This was in line with the sound given by the full sized hybrid cans. Did anybody else hear what I did, or was it just me?

That's a very polar view of all other people that heard the in-ears. Strange. :D

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #27 of 29
That wasn't my view. oBravo's 3W was wonderful sounding ; qute a little more detail retrieval than the Erib 2a which I liked so much after a review tour that I bought a pair for myself. I have spent 100s of hours with them but also admit to being smitten from the moment I put them on . So there
beerchug.gif

Phil , congratulations on the Indulgence Show. Next year I will be there

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #28 of 29
Then I'm guessing it must have been the pair on display. It's quite a shame because I had read a lot about them prior to Indulgence. I was with three other people who all shared the same opinion.

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #29 of 29
I also heard nothing wrong with any of the Obravo on display.
Can I just say a big thank you to David for letting me try his new flag ship Zeus for so long at the show.
A big jump up from EAMT-3. Has 2gen teewter and new 16mm driver.
Unbelievably good for a iem.
Thank you once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back