OBravo EAM1-C Impressions
Feb 9, 2018 at 5:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

MarkRS

New Head-Fier
Not sure if there's one on here already? Picking these up at the weekend, going from JHA Angies to them and only because I got a decent chance to buy them.

Would be great to hear any other views on them apart from 'hmmm they're not cheap are they' :)

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 20
Not sure if there's one on here already? Picking these up at the weekend, going from JHA Angies to them and only because I got a decent chance to buy them.

Would be great to hear any other views on them apart from 'hmmm they're not cheap are they' :)

What I can say is that they benefit greatly from a powerful clean source, such as the Obravo amp.

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 20
i think you mean the obravo eamt-1c (don't know a eam1-c). one of the best earphone i owned beside the final audio lab 2 and the obravo ra c. don't work to well out of the ak380 but really nice with the wm1z and mojo. you may look at my review for some tips: http://earphonia.com/best-earphones/tour-de-force-final-audio-lab-ii-and-obravo-eamt-1c/ . they need some time to get the right fit and a better cable is a good idea. you have a lot of options to tune the sound, take your time.

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #8 of 20
i think you mean the obravo eamt-1c (don't know a eam1-c). one of the best earphone i owned beside the final audio lab 2 and the obravo ra c. don't work to well out of the ak380 but really nice with the wm1z and mojo. you may look at my review for some tips: http://earphonia.com/best-earphones/tour-de-force-final-audio-lab-ii-and-obravo-eamt-1c/ . they need some time to get the right fit and a better cable is a good idea. you have a lot of options to tune the sound, take your time.

Excellent and thank you! I'm used to my Angies and they're so damn easy to get a good sound from.

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 20

Well I'm now around a week into ownership of the EAMT1-C and after a false start (one of them had a fault on the driver), I've upgraded to the balanced cable and been working my way through the various tips. Currently I'm mixing between the T500 Comply in medium (small ordered) and the Voodoo in medium. I'll be honest and say that right now, through the SP1000, they don't really wow me. I prefer my Angie and Layla and maybe my ear prefers their sound delivery to these? Firstly the sound delivery is incredibly precise, pure, open...you really can see that driver clearly through the grill in the ceramic housing and your ear can tell there is no filter or any obstacle in the way of sound, that I love. The AMT is amazing, gives them a unique sound signature that's almost like my PS1000e. Lots of detail, frequencies only dogs can hear and all delivered ultra fast, clean and clear. The problem is though, for my ear, it's almost too much, piercing you might say. For me the mids I can't make up my mind on...they're there but those highs just seem to make them messy? The bass is frustrating, again to my ear...I like warmth and bass and although these are supposed to deliver in spades, the bass just seems lacking somehow. I'm sending them back to Obravo in March for a check up as I can't believe my ears are so crap in their view of these and I know that tips make a massive difference. I will keep trying different tips but I fear my life with these may be short lived and I'll sell them to return to the comfort of Jerry Harvey.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 20
hi markrs

have they a good break-in? sound to me like a new pair, the first hours (min 100h) they are simpyl not good. they need 150 h better 200 h to tame the amt driver. amt driver need a lot of time to break-in (most time of all driver imo), i let them break-in for 10 days. for the bass they needed im my case long tips, if they sit to deep in the ear canal you loose the bass.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #11 of 20
hi markrs

have they a good break-in? sound to me like a new pair, the first hours (min 100h) they are simpyl not good. they need 150 h better 200 h to tame the amt driver. amt driver need a lot of time to break-in (most time of all driver imo), i let them break-in for 10 days. for the bass they needed im my case long tips, if they sit to deep in the ear canal you loose the bass.

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't consider burn in time on the AMT. I suspect they're on about 50 hours. My ears are odd fitment, the voodoo seem to seal ok but not much bass and more amt presence...so I went for the T500 (I used these on my 846), on my Angie I used the shorter TX??500 tips, the ones for comfort and they worked well. I don't have a pair that fit the Obravo.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #12 of 20
it's a tricky earphone, to find a good fit is not easy, the sound changes a lot. you may try a spacer ring (cut some tips you dont need) or if you use silicon tip choose one size bigger. the t500 are fine for me, if you use the one with protection mesh you can also tune the highst. a bit strange the eamt-1c, the ra c in contrast has not this wide variation with the fit. but give them a good amout of time, after 100h they changed not a lot, after 150h it was obvious that they begin to perform well. out of the ak380 the bass sounded a bit disconnected and a little muddy, like a loudspeaker system with separate subwoofer. was not a problem of the loudness but of the speed and control of the bass driver, with the ak380 the bass couldn't deliver the speed of the atm driver.

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #13 of 20
it's a tricky earphone, to find a good fit is not easy, the sound changes a lot. you may try a spacer ring (cut some tips you dont need) or if you use silicon tip choose one size bigger. the t500 are fine for me, if you use the one with protection mesh you can also tune the highst. a bit strange the eamt-1c, the ra c in contrast has not this wide variation with the fit. but give them a good amout of time, after 100h they changed not a lot, after 150h it was obvious that they begin to perform well. out of the ak380 the bass sounded a bit disconnected and a little muddy, like a loudspeaker system with separate subwoofer. was not a problem of the loudness but of the speed and control of the bass driver, with the ak380 the bass couldn't deliver the speed of the atm driver.

I've ordered T500 small to test with my mediums, also ordered TS500 mixed selection to test and InAirs mixed selection. I would hope the AK SP1000 can drive them?! The sound definitely feels a bit like hearing after a flight and your ears haven't popped at times?

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #15 of 20
Old thread but thought I'd chime in.

I've had eamt-1c on loan for the past few months, fully broken in. They are simply stunning to listen to through my N8 and would end the hunt for the perfect IEM if... I hadn't of just taken delivery of Ra.

Out of the box they don't sound good at all. No coherence between top and bottom, flat, not enjoyable. Broken in 1c spanked them.

After around 20hrs in loop they've syncd and are now listenable with a good amount of enjoyment. Mids still need work but getting there.

I'd highly suggest anyone not to write them off from a handful of hours listening and give them plenty of hours before returning for any critical listening, 110% need broken in before forming an opinion.

I also agree with rumina, I usually use M++ tips but had to move up to ML++ for these. Tried at least a dozen different types of tip and ++ were the clear winner for my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back