oBravo Cupid
Nov 21, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #152 of 225
Yeah screw that guy
I assure you, my post was NOT directed towards you or anyone else. It was a general statement only.

I'm happy that you do what you do, I'm sure that many people have the same taste as you and they can rely on your impressions.

That said, I am confident that you did not get a good fit or is simply unable to get a good fit with the Cupids, for whatever reason, because my impression and for example Twister6's impression are almost as far as can be from yours.

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #153 of 225
It is just a tool we use to try and point us in a direction, it may have nothing to do with the end result.

Same thoughts.

There are days I almost wanted to sell them after numerous tries with different tips and I am glad I didn't. Cupids are very very seal and eartips sensitive. So I was wondering how one can accurately measure them when they are so sensitive to insertion depths, seal and eartips. Even if the measurements are accurate, how does that translate to us the end users. We have different shapes and sizes of ear canals.

End result is up to one's own conclusion after testing them and in the case of Cupid, try out different eartips, insertion depths before you dismiss them. Some may find this IEMs fussy and troublesome but to someone like me (limited budget) or those that does not want to spend ridiculous amount of money on this hobby, this IEM is a good choice.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #154 of 225
Same thoughts.

There are days I almost wanted to sell them after numerous tries with different tips and I am glad I didn't. Cupids are very very seal and eartips sensitive. So I was wondering how one can accurately measure them when they are so sensitive to insertion depths, seal and eartips. Even if the measurements are accurate, how does that translate to us the end users. We have different shapes and sizes of ear canals.

End result is up to one's own conclusion after testing them and in the case of Cupid, try out different eartips, insertion depths before you dismiss them. Some may find this IEMs fussy and troublesome but to someone like me (limited budget) or those that does not want to spend ridiculous amount of money on this hobby, this IEM is a good choice.
Probably not on topic but does that mean you can't call them objectively good or bad?

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #155 of 225
Probably not on topic but does that mean you can't call them objectively good or bad?

They are better than my LCD2C. LCD2C's bass is very linear and clean while not thin or dry. Cupid's bass is no slouch. They go deep and have a nice decay without muddying up the other frequencies. I think the mids is a tie. What's crazy is I hear more details on my Cupid with WM1A than on my LCD2C with Airist RDAC and LCX.

From memory Cupid is better than Isine20 in bass and isolate better (suits my use during my commute to work). More resolving and better bass than UM ME.1. More engaging and better bass than RHA CL2. So I can safely say in my opinion they are objectively very good.

I have no ties with Obravo or have any incentives to shrill sell the Cupid. Just airing my opinion as a happy customer.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #157 of 225
I had a lot of iems (u18t, Andromeda, ex1000, se846, Atlas) and had home listening sessions with others like Tia Trio, Solaris etc., have Meze Empyrean and Cupid wins with all of these. At the moment I have ex1000 and Meze and prefer Obravo 100%.
The two just sound thin compared to this one. Besides that, Crinacle tested Cupid right out of the box and they change a lot with time. I agree with Crin that bass is bloated at first, but all come in place after a while, like 100hs at least.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #158 of 225
Update: I’ve been using em now and then with the bass tips from the yb04, sound is WAY more detailed, bass response is even better, I’ve been figuring out that tips must be solid in order to retain sound and project better imaging, cable fix by the amazing @ChrisHeld1989 let me use the dunu noble with em, sound became tighter and more detailed, i enjoy em quite a bit, not in my top5 iems, though lately I’ve been trying to get a couple more TOTL, definitely in my top 10 though

Dec 8, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #159 of 225
After 300 hours on the Cupids I came to realize they love a clean source and plenty of power. E1DA 9038S provides just that.
The Cupids fed by the 9038S are on a whole new level. Now they play effortlessly, with awesome dynamics, and produce a big sound.
Cupids are quite unique when it comes to their spatial presentation, totally different to what I am used to hearing from all other IEM I have tried/bought.
There is this wall of sound around my head, it feels like listening to tiny speakers very close to my ears; like the sound is produced by an external element and not generated in my brain. Hard to explain.

I remember someone mentioned early in this thread that it feels like wearing a helmet of sound around one´s head. That´s exactly how I would describe it.
Cupids are so energetic, is like listening to a live presentation in the studio where the recording took place, instead of listening to a recording.

With the 9038S I just get this incredibly clean sound out of the Cupids and no matter how high I go up with the volume, that wall of sound just get bigger, with headroom to spear, and no distortion or congested sound whatsoever; i.e. whenever I listen to Supertramp recording on other IEMs, they sound kind of dull, lifeless. With the Cupids, they just come alive!!!
Bass… Do you want bass? try Led Zepelling´s Daze and confuse

Now the vocals on the Cupids, I could be saying BS, but the vocals presentation varies wildly, depending on how the recording was mixed/produced. Sometimes very upfront, others recessed, or at times perfectly balanced.
I find the treble very clear, non-fatiguing, on the safe side.
Music details are there, very present, but not thrown at your face. Still, I´d like to have a little more energy and extension on the treble.

Listening to the Cupids, somehow they remind me the times back in the 1980s when in my stereo rig I engaged Bob Carver´s Sonic Hologram generator C9, where the unit´s phase manipulations enhanced the side-to-side and front-to-back stereo image.

Currently using New Bee Foam tips which provides me perfect fit, and don´t have to fiddle with tip´s position in order to obtain great, tight bass without compromising soundstage.
Very very happy with Cayin N3 > 9038S > Cupids.
If you want to discover the Cupid´s real potential, a clean, powerful source is mandatory.
Cheers, Jose

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #160 of 225
Update: I’ve been using em now and then with the bass tips from the yb04, sound is WAY more detailed, bass response is even better, I’ve been figuring out that tips must be solid in order to retain sound and project better imaging, cable fix by the amazing @ChrisHeld1989 let me use the dunu noble with em, sound became tighter and more detailed, i enjoy em quite a bit, not in my top5 iems, though lately I’ve been trying to get a couple more TOTL, definitely in my top 10 though

So what are your top 10 IEM's? I've been eyeing the Cupids for some time now but also considering the T800's but more IEM's keep coming out that muddy the waters.

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #161 of 225
So what are your top 10 IEM's? I've been eyeing the Cupids for some time now but also considering the T800's but more IEM's keep coming out that muddy the waters.

RAH! (seriously I’m in love with em) ier m9 (as well amazing though I just got my rah and... the tuning in the rah is more my sort of iem) dunu 17th (this are truly special), akg n5005, acoustune 1670 (this should be tried at least once, is the closest I’ve heard to the senns hd800s in a headphone with a wide and amazing soundstage) aten, bqeyz spring1 (I consider this a must),fiio fh7, dunu 4001, Cupid’s

Dec 29, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #162 of 225
Anyone done a comparison of the Cupid's and the CA Atlas? I'm toying with an upgrade, but would welcome any impressions as to how much of a step up I'd experience

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #163 of 225
nyone done a comparison of the Cupid's and the CA Atlas? I'm toying with an upgrade, but would welcome any impressions as to how much of a step up I'd experience

I found the mids of Atlas too underwhelming.

Under the right circumstances (a good shallow seal), Cupids are comparable to Solaris.

Just got JVC Spiral Dots ++, Sedna Earfit Short and long stem, mandarins with and without foams. I have the Spiral Dots that comes with FX1200 and FW01.

Best results from Sedna Earfit short stem follow by JVC Spiral Dots++, Spiral Dots +, Spiral Dots, Sedna Earfit Long Stem, Comply Comfort. Sedna Earfit Short stem gives me the best imaging, separations and best overall.

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #164 of 225
Thanks for this. I really enjoy the Cupids, just occasionally crave a little more detail, but from what you say, the Atlas may not be worth the extra money, even if I get it for a good deal. My last experience with CA was fairly underwhelming also (Lyra 2, which I found nothing like as enjoyable as the Cupid) so maybe I should fight that upgrade-itis :)

I found the mids of Atlas too underwhelming.

Under the right circumstances (a good shallow seal), Cupids are comparable to Solaris.

Just got JVC Spiral Dots ++, Sedna Earfit Short and long stem, mandarins with and without foams. I have the Spiral Dots that comes with FX1200 and FW01.

Best results from Sedna Earfit short stem follow by JVC Spiral Dots++, Spiral Dots +, Spiral Dots, Sedna Earfit Long Stem, Comply Comfort. Sedna Earfit Short stem gives me the best imaging, separations and best overall.

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #165 of 225
I am hearing more details from Cupids than from my LCD2C. LCD2C is not the more detailed planar headphones around but I feel the details from Cupids are more than enough without being too thin and sterile.

Try this, shallow insertion with a loose seal. You will find the bass gone but the details... the wide soundstage and the airiness.
The trick is to get a balance between full deep seal (claustrophobic but with the most bass quantity) and a loose seal (mentioned above).

This is the most ear tips and seal sensitive IEM I have tried but if you managed to get the perfect seal, this is a damn good IEM that currently stopped my upgraditis for getting the Sony IER Z1R or JVC FW10000. Not saying Cupids are better or even close to these 2 but the diminishing return you get against the huge increment you need to fork out just does not makes economical sense unless you have tonnes of money to burn.

P.S. I will like to thank the person who recommended the Azla Sedna ear tips in Cupids' Telegram groupchat. Sorry can't recall your handle but thanks. That was a very good advice. Azla Sednas are way way better than JVC Spiral Dots++.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back