Objectivists board room
Jul 25, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #826 of 4,545
Reversed expectation bias. You have to not believe not to believe, but neither must you believe.

I think we ought to step up the exorcism with some SACD mats on the cheeks.

Thanks I think you are 100% right! I'll try the SACD mats. Is it important to rub Whalebat blubber on the pads for good contact?

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #827 of 4,545
We'll see how he responds to my audio bass mites infestation idea. :evil:

Audio bass mites! A small demonic infestation may weaken the resistance to bass mites. It can lead to thin sound and bass flatulence!

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #828 of 4,545
Audio bass mites! A small demonic infestation may weaken the resistance to bass mites. It can lead to thin sound and bass flatulence!

You want thin sound, use heatshrink tubing instead of wires for the ultimate in high impedance cables.

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #829 of 4,545
You want thin sound, use heatshrink tubing instead of wires for the ultimate in high impedance cables.

Audiophile grade heat shrink tubing! Very high impedance from non conductors can lead to very thin sound! Have you published this?

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #830 of 4,545
Audiophile grade heat shrink tubing! Very high impedance from non conductors can lead to very thin sound! Have you published this?

Not yet, I have to complete my research. Should be no problem finding deaf test subjects around hear.

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #831 of 4,545
Not yet, I have to complete my research. Should be no problem finding deaf test subjects around hear.

Ha ha! Let me know if I can help with new pseudoscience. If they get a few glowing reviews touting their sonic purity people will believe they are hearing sound!
As you know real physics has no place in Audiophile enclaves

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #832 of 4,545

I thought the idea was to have loose fitting shields, like the Clearview interconnects:

And then you have to be careful how you break them in. Apparently the wrong sound can hurt the cables:

WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY BREAK-IN DEVICES OF ANY KIND ON OUR WIRES! They will seriously degrade the sound. Use only music to break in our cables.

http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Clearview-Double-Helix-Digital-Interconnect-with-PLUS-upgrade/productinfo/DHDIC-PL/

So I guess movie watching is out of the question. :confused:

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #833 of 4,545
I thought the idea was to have loose fitting shields, like the Clearview interconnects:

And then you have to be careful how you break them in. Apparently the wrong sound can hurt the cables:
http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Clearview-Double-Helix-Digital-Interconnect-with-PLUS-upgrade/productinfo/DHDIC-PL/

So I guess movie watching is out of the question.
confused.gif

Perhaps you can watch "The Terminator" because cables have terminations.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #834 of 4,545

Excellent! It's clear to me that physics does not apply to audiophile products the way it does to the rest of the world. That leaves Metaphysical and Supernatural influences.
Some break in product may offend the spirits whereas music might please the spirits!

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #836 of 4,545

You can watch old Musicals. Thanks for sharing! This an amazing add! Most have a mix of reality and snake oil- this one is almost pure BS. I'm tempted to send them my congrats on the absence of physics. They do suggest not laying them alongside power cables- which may be the single time they make sense.

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #838 of 4,545

I don't know. I'm still trying to understand the "magic" of timbre (to borrow from your reply to this):

You can tell the difference between a guitar, a piano, a violin, and a synthesizer playing the same note right?  Even if you cut off the beginning and end of the note (where lots of the clues are) most of us can still tell.

Why is that?  It's the same frequency.  I think you know. It's called timbre and there's no measuring it. There's no formula and it doesn't easily show itself on a waveform. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #839 of 4,545
DAC Magic manifests itself in many ways. Smoothes treble, PRaT, eases sibalence, etc. Where do they come up with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back