O2/ODAC vs STX
Dec 17, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #16 of 19
Don't you have local audiophile shop? Buy some DAC+AMP and listen to it, compare to your STX. Then return DAC+AMP to shop, tell them "It sound sooooo boring, no air, soundstage is so bad':)

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #18 of 19
That isn't possible in India. Besides, subjective listening isn't accurate. I want somebody to interpret the numerous measurements that already exist on the Internet.
smily_headphones1.gif

but that wouldn't give you a perfect idea of what will happen on your computer. maybe your STX gets some noise from the computer? maybe not.
maybe a usb DAC would have some noise because your computer has a crappy usb card.
both situations could be below audible level and change nothing, just like they could be audible, the odac and STX would have nothing to do with it.
and just because they don't have the same impedance, the signature will measurably change. I doubt very very strongly that it would be noticeable, but what measurement do you use to claim what will or will not be audible? at best you have the results of other people being tested. or my own experience(ok for me, but is it ok for you?).

there is a limit to what you can anticipate, and us telling you that both will sound identical is something we cannot do(well I can, but I would be making empty claims ^_^). however how likely it actually is that they will sound the same given the good measurements of both, likelihood and certainty are 2 different things.
the post on hydro(I assume it's you) has the main technical data about both gear, both when used correctly should work very fine with the hd650 that will not need more than 4V in any realistic usage. impedance of those sources isn't a problem into the the hd650(with impedances measured between 290ohm and 500ohm depending on who did the measurement and when, my own comes closer to what goldenears got than to what innerfidelity measured, but IDK if the hd650 changed or if I'm doing something wrong when measuring ^_^).
crosstalk and stuff like that will be just fine with such a high impedance load. distortions seems low on both gears.
all in all I don't see too much of a reason to get rid of one and buy the other.
now can you get a source with better measurements? yes
can you find a source that will sound more pleasing to you? maybe, but only you could tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back