O.K., Anyone Try Lying in Bed Wearing A900's?
Jul 5, 2006 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

BRBJackson

Headphoneus Supremus
On your back, of course, but are these just too huge vis-a-vis interference with the pillow? After reading MANY reviews here, I think these would suit my needs sonically for my bedroom system, but obviously not if I can't lie down
blink.gif

Anyone have direct experience? Thanks!

Jul 5, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 17
Well, I've done with my 600's, it seems fine unless you lay on your side like me, but if you just relax it should be fine I think.

Jul 5, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 17
I have layed in bed with my A500s on (which are constructed the same as the A900s externally). You can do it, but you have to lay on your back (obviously) and shift the headphones a smidge forward since the back will hit the pillow.

So yes it works.

I had this setup for a day. I wasn't feeling good, stayed home from work, rotated my bed in front of my computer monitor, rotated it (thank you Dell 2005fpw) and watched anime with my headphones for 7-8 hours.

Jul 5, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 17
I've layed flat on my back in my bed with my A900s all the time without any problems, even fell asleep with them on laying on my back. Depending on your pillow, you may have to adjust it in a certain way to to meet your comfort needs so that the headphone doesn't rest completely on the pillow making them uncomfortable.

Jul 5, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #7 of 17
Try a down pillow. Soft enough to contour just about any shape. I've fallen asleep with my HD580s before.

Jul 5, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #9 of 17
I occasionally watch TV lying on the couch with them. They are a little less sensitive to side pressure than other pairs I own -- so the stereo centre doesn't get thrown all out of whack if one cup touches the pillow, if yaknowwhatImean.

That being said unless you're flat on your back, forget it. They are big-ass cups that protrude over 2 inches out of the side of your head.

I'm actually looking for an ideal pair of buds for falling asleep with Pzizz (that don't throw the centre way out of whack when lying on my side...)

... any suggestions?

Jul 5, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 17
Thx for all the great responses, guys! I'm picking up a pair this week, and yes, they will be ONLY for lying on my back and chilling out in bed , NOT for sleeping
waytogo.gif

Jul 5, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #11 of 17
^ yep. You will be fine.

They are the perfect headphone for relaxing back in bed IMHO. Simply because they are just so comfortable. Especially the LTDs. If you do have a down pillow, or any really soft pillow (as suggested in an above reply), you'd proabably forget you were wearing them.

Just lay back, relax, get your pillow(s) comfy, shuffle up your favorite tracks, and enjoy the music.

Enjoy your purchase BRBJackson
cool.gif
I know I did (and still do)
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #13 of 17
milhouse6: check out some Koss KSC75s. You may need to bend the clips out a bit in preference of comfort over a secure fit, but they are quite lo-profile and I've never had problems falling asleep with them.

In fact, I regularly fall asleep with my Sony MDR-7506s. And I sleep on my side, I suppose my pillow is just very soft. Most of the time I wake up with them too, since I've been told I "sleep like a leaf". (there was a language/cultural barrier here)
smily_headphones1.gif

Oddly grados really bug me though.

Jul 5, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
Most of the time I wake up with them too, since I've been told I "sleep like a leaf". (there was a language/cultural barrier here)
smily_headphones1.gif

Headphones seem to always come of while I'm sleeping for some reason. In fact, I've woken up with what appears to be mild electrical burns on my legs before which I can only assume came from electrostatics.

Now, actually, the SA5000s seemed to stay on pretty well for some reason. It might just be that they clamp tighter.

Jul 5, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Headphones seem to always come of while I'm sleeping for some reason. In fact, I've woken up with what appears to be mild electrical burns on my legs before which I can only assume came from electrostatics.

Now, actually, the SA5000s seemed to stay on pretty well for some reason. It might just be that they clamp tighter.

Hehe, sleeping with 600v of electro stats?? You're braver than I!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back