O.J. Found Guilty!!!!
Oct 4, 2008 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

blubliss

500+ Head-Fier
Although it's not great to gloat in a person's suffering mess of a life, I can't help but believe in karma ever more firmly.

O.J. was just found guilty on all counts (armed robbery, kidnapping, etc.) 13 years to the day after his murder acquittal. I remember that day and how sickened I felt. I watched from the window at work (West LA VA Hosp.) as the paparazzi (something like 10 helicopters and many cars) followed him home that day. They say he could spend the rest of his life in jail.

O.J. Simpson guilty of armed robbery, kidnapping - CNN.com

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 18
wow what the hell

I mean, out of left field there. I guess it stuck this time because the media didn't muck everything up.

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 18
13 years TO THE DAY. And they say 13 isn't unlucky. Unlucky 13 for O.J.

Oct 4, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 18
A conviction and possible life sentence for commandeering his own personal affects is a sign that the public wants his head on a stick! One down and a few more to go.

Robert Blake,

Consider yourself on notice.

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 18
O.J. guilty? That is the best news I have heard in well, 13 years!
popcorn.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #6 of 18
If the glove doesn't fit, don't convict! Hey, was OJ wearing gloves when he committed the crime? I suppose that if he did, they fit this time.

I guess OJ really does stand for "Orange Jumpsuit."

Hmmm...maybe he was framed?

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 18
Where did the kidnapping charges come from? He went to a hotel room with his armed posse and demanded "his" property back right?

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did the kidnapping charges come from? He went to a hotel room with his armed posse and demanded "his" property back right?

I think by having a gun, and preventing persons from leaving the room, constitutes the legal definition of kidnapping.

Even if the items in question were his, the means employed to retrieve/recover said items were criminal. That Chuck Norris stuff only works in movies. So OJ finally gets what should have gotten 13 years ago. The prosecution was a joke in the first case, which is why he got off. The prosecutors were a little smarter this time around.

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #9 of 18
I haven't heard much of the "facts" from this case, if at all, but from everything I heard all the legal commentators saying when he was first charged, the case sounded pretty weak. So if it really was a weak case...

Then OJ's been involved in two trevesties of justice. One for getting away with double murder, and two, getting convicted of those same murders 13 years later, via the latest charges.

Oct 4, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 18
A destructive soul that destroy himself and people around him, I hope this would stop him from doing further damage, both to others' and his own soul.

I wonder if there would be a movie on him.

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #11 of 18
funny, only a half dozen replies. Just goes to show that oj is yesterday's news. I had to read all the oj stories. It was a shady deal all around. sleasy sport memorabilia guys, hidden tape recorders. I'm not saying oj didn't set up a robbery, but I don't buy the kidnapping charge at all.

Oct 5, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #13 of 18
Damn. With OJ in jail there's no one to look for the murderers...

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #15 of 18
I hate the guy (one of the most smug, deplorable human beings around), but most of these convictions won't stand. The kidnapping charge is bogus; he said "Don't let nobody out of the room," which formed the basis of that charge. I'd convict him in the court of poor grammar, but to say that constitutes kidnapping (warranting perhaps life in prison) is absurd. It was a comment made in the heat of the moment, during a planned armed robbery. He wanted his memorabilia back, and the plan was to charge in with guns and get the stuff back. Period. That's armed robbery (a serious crime nonetheless).

He'll end up serving 5-10 years at the absolute worst. It isn't OJ's fault that he was acquitted the first time; that was the judicial system's failing. No appeals judge worth his salt will let all these felony convictions stand, or it will add yet another scar to our already tarnished judicial system. Two wrongs don't make a right.

That being said, I would throw a party were he to get "eliminated" while in prison.
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

Kidnapping explanation from Wikipedia

"In criminal law, kidnapping is the taking away or asportation of a person against the person's will, usually to hold the person in false imprisonment, a confinement without legal authority. This is often done for ransom or in furtherance of another crime. A majority of jurisdictions in the United States retain the "asportation" element for kidnapping, where the victim must be confined in a bounded area against their will and moved. Any amount of movement will suffice for the requirement, even if it is moving the abductee to a house next door. In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, however, the asportation element has been abolished. Note that under early English common law, the asportation element required that the victim be moved outside the realm of England or overseas in order for an abduction to be considered "kidnapping"."

So, I suppose that Nevada has abolished the asportation aspect of kidnapping. In other words, OJ had no clue he was kidnapping anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back