NYC the middle of October?
Sep 21, 2005 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

grawk

Itinerant Miscreant
I'll be travelling from the frozen tundra to manhattan the week of Oct 17, and was wondering if anyone wanted to get together for a mini meet, or a beer or something. I'll be taking a class in lower manhattan, but I know my way around the NYC trains, so I'm pretty flexible for locations...

I plan on bringing the HeadFranken-1s, and possibly the PS1s, and my supermacro v3.

Sep 21, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 23
I think i can make it.
tongue.gif

Sep 23, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
Anyone else? What if we don't tell slack where it's gonna be?

you cant get rid of me that easily
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 23, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 23
It'd be nice to see those again
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks like I'm staying in Jersey City, at the Courtyard. I'll have a car tho, so I'm pretty flexible about where I can get to.

Oct 4, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #11 of 23
If I'm not too busy with classes (I'm at Columbia on the UWS) I may be able to make it. I don't know how crazy I am about lugging all my gear around, though, as I've never done this meet stuff before...

Gear:

HD650 w/Equinox
Bel Canto DAC 2
Singlepower MPX3 w/upgrades
laptop, lacie 250gb drive
Ultimate Outlet HC

Oct 4, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #13 of 23
I'm game. I have a car, so I can give a lift to whoever needs one (I'm coming from Queens). I can help with the headroom amp or whatever.

Oct 4, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 23
I'll look into the on-campus rooms, but they tend to be booked prety far in advance with music practices, meetings etc. Also I don't know how a Headfi meet would really fly with them, but in any case I'll check. I am guessing though that that weekend will be bad for me, I have a huge paper due after that weekend so for now I would say count me out, and if I finish it early or end up having time I'll try and make it to whereever else it is. Otherwise, some other time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back