NYC Summertime Regional Meet - Sunday July 16!
Jun 11, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #32 of 291
Thanks for trying, J.

I'm in, assuming it's accessible from public transportation. Lmk when & where.

Jun 12, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #33 of 291
Shall we meet after July11? Cause Shure's starting shipping the e500s that day~just PM me when you guys have decided when and where.
icon10.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #35 of 291
If for some crazy reason I feel like driving the 1-2hrs it will take me to get into the city (30 miles or so) and pay the $15 or so in tolls and who knows what in parking and the billion dollars in gas it will cost me I might be able to make it
wink.gif

That or Ill just go with no gear and take the train
wink.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #36 of 291
you know the top of my building has a decent sized meeting place that they throw the condo assoc meetings in - i could ask what they charge and report back. if you get fatigue you can walk out on the 43rd floor rooftop and gaze at the statue of liberty or ground zero, whichever your preference. it may be just for gym members, but again i can check.

Jun 13, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #37 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
you know the top of my building has a decent sized meeting place that they throw the condo assoc meetings in - i could ask what they charge and report back. if you get fatigue you can walk out on the 43rd floor rooftop and gaze at the statue of liberty or ground zero, whichever your preference. it may be just for gym members, but again i can check.

Super! Magnifique! Splendiferous. Hyperbole! Let us know.

Jun 13, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #38 of 291
Jahn please find out.
Just make sure there wont be any sleeping guards in the closet!
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #39 of 291
so here i am at the apple store again. ah well, i'll eventually make my way down south and ask about the rooftop deal no worries! I think i'm starting to be on a first name basis here...

Jun 15, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #40 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
so here i am at the apple store again. ah well, i'll eventually make my way down south and ask about the rooftop deal no worries! I think i'm starting to be on a first name basis here...

Jahn - I love that store! A glass oasis that seems to rise above 5th Avenue. The only thing wrong with that store is their taste in headphones
wink.gif

A rooftop meet in the summertime? Evening Tar Beach party? Very great idea - I'm in!

Jun 16, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #41 of 291
Just letting you guys know, if you can make the meet on July 15 or 16th I can make it.
eggosmile.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #42 of 291
I'm trying to decide on another amp and need to go to a meet ASAP...

I work on Saturdays, so the 16th would work for me.....

from the recommendations I have been given, the possible amps are: (still open to suggestions - so please make them)

Raptor
Woo 3
Headamp Lite (not so sure about this one)
Slam PPX3
HR-2
Earmax pro

Headphones: HD650, DT880
Source: Shuttle computer SB61G2V4, optical out to DAC-AH (Dayton glass), Dayton or Zu to amp

Regards

USG

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #43 of 291
I'm in also. I had a great time at the national meet - it was the RS-2s there that I heard that led me to purchase my new RS-1s. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with them.

Next on my list are amps - thinking of upgrading to the SR-71 for portable use and the PPX3 or MPX3 for home use.

Jun 17, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #45 of 291
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
but only if tyll keeps his clothes on this time.

Let's make that a rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back