NYC Mini-Meet
Feb 3, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #76 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
Canman...Omega vs Senn HE90s ? I like em both, but we know the truth..........

Dan, Looks like I've already spilled the beans and professed my love for the HE-90! Sorry buddy! The O2/KGSS is a treat though.

Aaron, you all will be eating leftovers for the next 2 weeks. I couldn't believe how much food Telica cooked -- it probably could have fed us all three times over. Man, was it a treat. I wish I was eating one of those brownies right now...mmmm brownies.

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #77 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
The HE-90/KGSS is scary good and most definitely provides a clearer window into the recording than the Omega II. It is also one tough headphone to get ahold of. The HE-60 on the same system provides a similar flavor with less refinement but it might cure your "Orpheus itch".

the HE60 unfortunately also happens to be a headphone that's hard to get.

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #78 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Dan, Looks like I've already spilled the beans and professed my love for the HE-90! Sorry buddy! The O2/KGSS is a treat though.

Aaron, you all will be eating leftovers for the next 2 weeks. I couldn't believe how much food Telica cooked -- it probably could have fed us all three times over. Man, was it a treat. I wish I was eating one of those brownies right now...mmmm brownies.

How ironic. I'm munching on one as I'm reading this.
Actually, I now found out that I like Brussel Sprouts. I laughed when I saw them, but now, I'm woofing them down 3 nights in a row.

I was listening to "Dead Can Dance"- Into the Labyrinth, and I was wondering how anyone can say that the Qualias don't have a good mid-range. I listened to every song, first with the 010, then the R-10, and I have to declare that the 010's mid-range is as good as it gets! Between the air, and the soundstage, and the clarity, I am astonished by the reproduction.
Of course a good source, and a good amp, is vital...but that would be true with any high-end headphone (oh no, let the fireworks begin).
basshead.gif

Sorry, it's my position, and I'm standing by it.

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #79 of 157
to my unrefined tastes i like the HE60 better than the HE90 with the KGSS due to the bassy bass. but i reserve final judgment until i hear the entire "orpheus system" for the HE90.

btw i feel qualias gain some warmth with copper somewhere in the signal without losing all that great detail - silver may be overkill. for instance the copper Magwires we brought to the qualia store really did the trick, especially with the bright SACD sony source. and bright RA-1. and detailed qualia. system matching-wise, copper as the cable makes alot of sense.

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #80 of 157
Danny...how did I miss the boat on this mysterious amp. What the heck are you guys talking about. Do tell!
confused.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #81 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Danny...how did I miss the boat on this mysterious amp. What the heck are you guys talking about. Do tell!
confused.gif

Don't lie guys. You know it's true- someone brought the Boostaroo 2.

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #82 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
confused.gif

I'll give you a hint it starts with M
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #83 of 157
M for... mysterious?
biggrin.gif

Aaron, I wouldn't mind eating those leftovers for a week. yum yum!

Feb 3, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #85 of 157
M for..."My Solo Amp!" I knew it was a hit!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #86 of 157
Quote:

the HE60 unfortunately also happens to be a headphone that's hard to get.

Alex,
While Canman's comment regarding the elusive nature of the HE90 also applies to the HE60, perhaps his wording of "tough" also means "financially prohibitive," or "$6000 FOR A GODD@MN HEADPHONE - YOU GOTTA BE *****IN' KIDDING ME!"
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #87 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Alex,
While Canman's comment regarding the elusive nature of the HE90 also applies to the HE60, perhaps his wording of "tough" also means "financially prohibitive," or "$6000 FOR A GODD@MN HEADPHONE - YOU GOTTA BE *****IN' KIDDING ME!"
tongue.gif

yes, I know that and had that in mind when I posted the above (although I didn't mention it). the HE90 is prohibitive mainly of price (there have been quite a few available recently, and don't sell too quickly so if you have the cash you can readily buy them), and the HE60 due to their high appeal (a few have been for sale, but sell out in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. money definitely isn't a factor here.)

I wouldn't mind having an HE60, but don't want to be constantly refreshing the FS forums / eBay / Audiogon for an indefinite amount of time to obtain one.
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #88 of 157
I probably had too many mushrooms in the '70's. I still don't know what amp you're talking about. Meitner is a DAC....so that's not it. Next time I'm hiring a man in the closet to take equipment role call, so nothing gets by my eagle eye.

Feb 3, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #89 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
...."$6000 FOR A GODD@MN HEADPHONE - YOU GOTTA BE *****IN' KIDDING ME!"
tongue.gif

That's basically what I was getting at
icon10.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #90 of 157
The amp drove the senn 650s like no other I EVER heard...the first note I turned to Stevio and said YOU ARE RIGHT....mindblowing synergy. This was after just listening to some fair quality setups...you know...Omegas, HE90s, He60s, AKG 1000s, Grados, 010s, R10s.
This amp the "M" amp can also be had as the "R" amp of which it really derives from and can be bought today as an improved version.
If you must know just give me a call Aaron....only telling one other person for now!
Ps....Aaron...Sent to Koji...he will take care of problem
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back