NYC micro meet Sept. 24
Sep 26, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Oh no, does that mean I have to hold off even longer? I don't think I can last the distance...

Before this turn into another HF-1 thread, Chungsoi, give in to your woody temptation !!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Overlunge

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
This was just me and jjcha at his place. Thanks for letting me drop by. I brought my modded Overture DAC and Grado HF-1.

modded Overture DAC?? What has been modded?
600smile.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #33 of 40
my crappy sony reciever sounds like CRAP with the HP2. man i miss Pinkie.

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by applegd
modded Overture DAC?? What has been modded?
600smile.gif

Yes, I want to know what lan did to the Overture and if he can do it to mine.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
my crappy sony reciever sounds like CRAP with the HP2. man i miss Pinkie.

heh i LOVED Pinkie when i listened to it. i cant believe you sold it. well the good part is that you can get a new toy now.
icon10.gif

Sep 27, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
heh i LOVED Pinkie when i listened to it. i cant believe you sold it. well the good part is that you can get a new toy now.
icon10.gif

ok i'm starting to get the shakes. i don't think i've heard one person diss Pinkie, except Lan right before he said "gotta mod this. gimme." and did a number on it hehe. I still remember bringing Pinkie over to the Qualia Store and having it feel like the 98lb shrimp compared to the Krell, the Maestrobator, the Modded Cary, the Dared Monoblocks...and (imho) holding its own! It actually made the Qualia 010 sound ok hehe! Go Pinkie! *runs after the mail truck*

Sep 27, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
Yes, I want to know what lan did to the Overture and if he can do it to mine.
biggrin.gif

I know that he upgraded the components in the wallwart for the Overture. As far as internal Overture mods....I have no idea.

Sep 27, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #39 of 40
Lan's recipe for Overture mods:

Lan waved some chicken-flavored tape over the Overture, declared the Overture was now authentic chicken soup, and all was well.
orphsmile.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Lan's recipe for Overture mods:

Lan waved some chicken-flavored tape over the Overture, declared the Overture was now authentic chicken soup, and all was well.
orphsmile.gif

Speaking of old fahioned remedies... You'd be proud of me.

Got myself a Panasonic DVD-L50. Also ordered a Headroom microDAC and Portaphile V2^2 that should be here by next weekend. Also got Arturo Sanoval's "The Very Best of". This is all from your influence. Also got... Maybe it's best if there's a secret ingredient, just to keep in the spirit of the chicken soup thing.

P.S. Do I also owe you a 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor? Seems I misplaced quite a few in Babylon. Taking orders now so I can pay up at the next meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back