NYC micro meet Sept. 24
Sep 25, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Yeah Jason, especially with your stuff setup between the fridge and micro wave. NYC power sucks big time.

He told me he doesn't use the microwave
tongue.gif

Well let me follow up on coming electrostatic meet. I've got to get HEV70 up to snuff. It took a step back
tongue.gif
I have a feeling my amp may get wacked by the koss and stax ones.

Sep 25, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Oh before I forget, can I just say, I have never met anyone able to critically listen to gear to JPop as crappy as mine! Holy cow, how anyone could listen to that much SPEED and speak intelligently about sonic characteristics without running to the hills, I'll never know...
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Best,

-Jason

That's it, I'm going to challenge Lan next time by telling him to give a critical listen while listening to the following J-Pop:

Lupin III '80 5:3112.7 MB320 kbps'80 a fool's Paradise Mix

Sep 25, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
He told me he doesn't use the microwave
tongue.gif

Well let me follow up on coming electrostatic meet. I've got to get HEV70 up to snuff. It took a step back
tongue.gif
I have a feeling my amp may get wacked by the koss and stax ones.

bah you should just get a stax adapter for your Baby O and call it a day - grab a SRD-7 and use your power amp to drive it, I bet that would sound great! That HEV70 just doesn't have the juice! (is that a modding challenge?)
icon10.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #19 of 40
Didn't you guys know I'm a ninja master? I have a will of steel
biggrin.gif
The screetchy voices of those girls don't make me budge.

That power amp is reserved for K1000.
k1000smile.gif
I can't buy anything at the moment. I'm in a "jahn" financial fix
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #20 of 40
seriously, you know you're hitting your limits when you have to sell things to buy things, and trade trade trade...and still sweat the S&H piling up at the post office lol. i sold a P to S adapter, shipped it off in Manhattan, and it's been a week and still hasn't shown up - i might have to reimburse the buyer on that if it never shows. and i gave Headphile some odds and ends via priority mail a week ago, didn't show - i'm losing faith in the postal service!

Sep 25, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
seriously, you know you're hitting your limits when you have to sell things to buy things, and trade trade trade...and still sweat the S&H piling up at the post office lol. i sold a P to S adapter, shipped it off in Manhattan, and it's been a week and still hasn't shown up - i might have to reimburse the buyer on that if it never shows. and i gave Headphile some odds and ends via priority mail a week ago, didn't show - i'm losing faith in the postal service!

Not to mention the ordeal poor "tushi" went through!

So what is this new "Death Star" you're referring to, Jahn? Sounds fascinating!

Sep 25, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Not to mention the ordeal poor "tushi" went through!

So what is this new "Death Star" you're referring to, Jahn? Sounds fascinating!

Yeah I know, USPS really is striking out with me, what the heck is up with the gorilla mauling of packages and losing things? I'm on a really bad tear here!

I was thinkin the below amp for a bit until I came to my senses and realized I still need a dynamic amp over another STAX lol - but it looks SO evil!
SRA-14S.jpg

Till it's in my hands I'll be mum on it tho so no one else snipes me on it!
icon10.gif

Sep 25, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #23 of 40
another meet without me
tongue.gif
dudes how about a mini meet on Oct. 8th or 9th?

Sep 26, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #24 of 40
Jason --

incoming: HE90 + mystery amp !!! ???

Yikes! ???!!!
orphsmile.gif

...wonder if there'll be synergy between Chord and Orpheus?

Also, I think you might really hate the AE-1 with the Qualias, but I should get it to you to experiment with ... naturally I'm curious as well (LOL).

I don't know when I'll receive the various different portables I'm expecting, but we'll assemble the whole mess when it happens.

BTW - I'm in Lan's camp about HF-1. I heard his pair very briefly and liked it a lot. It was much more enjoyable than I anticipated ... I can understand the RS-1 reference. So far every time I've heard the PS-1 I've felt it had far too much bass bloom -- overwhelming for my taste -- though I do generally like deep, solid, punchy bass (what my 501s lack, the SA5K hints at, the HD650s turn to pudding, the 770s put out of balance, etc ... a tough balance to achieve).

What amps have you heard the K1000s through that you liked?

Sep 26, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #25 of 40
Man I'm glad the HF-1 is coming then, it will be my John Grado representative can! BTW I saw my Darth Beyers for 2 seconds today, my sister's producer had borrowed them and dropped them off for my sister - she wants to keep using them to check her Sundance cut, asked me for a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter. I told her i'd grab a rat shack adapter for her - my Grado adapter is awaiting HF-1 duties!

Sep 26, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
another meet without me
tongue.gif
dudes how about a mini meet on Oct. 8th or 9th?

There's tentatively one every week
tongue.gif
Sometimes it's short notice and thus this micro was born.

The real mini might be the electrostatic or Grado vs. Grado one.

Don't worry.
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Yeah I know, USPS really is striking out with me, what the heck is up with the gorilla mauling of packages and losing things? I'm on a really bad tear here!

I was thinkin the below amp for a bit until I came to my senses and realized I still need a dynamic amp over another STAX lol - but it looks SO evil!
SRA-14S.jpg

Till it's in my hands I'll be mum on it tho so no one else snipes me on it!
icon10.gif

eek.gif
That does look very retro!

Reading about these positive impressions of the HF-1 makes me so weak...must have willpower! 4 more days to go....

Sep 26, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
There's tentatively one every week
tongue.gif
Sometimes it's short notice and thus this micro was born.

The real mini might be the electrostatic or Grado vs. Grado one.

Don't worry.
biggrin.gif

Drop me a line (email, pm) if you guys plan another one.

Sep 26, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Reading about these positive impressions of the HF-1 makes me so weak...must have willpower! 4 more days to go....

It's actually more than 4 days, as Todd had to suspend orders for a while to catch up. When he reopens them, there'll be a new deadline.

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jar
It's actually more than 4 days, as Todd had to suspend orders for a while to catch up. When he reopens them, there'll be a new deadline.

Oh no, does that mean I have to hold off even longer? I don't think I can last the distance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back